My wedding is two weeks away and I have never felt such a flurry of emotions! Despite some stresses, however, the excitement is definitely in the forefront as we near the final countdown.
In the spirit of lists, here are a couple related to my big day.
10 things I am most looking forward to:
10. My university friend group, which has been scattered across the country, finally reuniting in one place after a long time.
9. Introducing my old friends to my new friends and hopefully seeing them hit it off.
8. Looking like a freaking beauty queen in my dress.
7. Getting to seeing my family, and my fiance’s family, who live in another part of the country.
6. Getting dressed up with my bridesmaids.
5. Seeing my brother, who lives in dirty jeans and T-shirts, in a suit for the first time in my life.
4. Dancing the night away. I haven’t been to a club in years, as I’ve lost my patience for extremely crowded places with overly-friendly strangers. I can’t wait to shake it to my heart’s content with people who I actually want close to me! Also, I got to pick the music.
3. My bachelorette party with all of the amazing ladies that I call my friends.
2. Dancing with my husband to our first dance song. We sneakily even learned a touch of choreography for it and are going to surprise everyone when we bust out some sick moves. I’m otherwise known for having two left feet.
1. Marrying the love of my life.
4 of my favorite personal touches:
4. Since we get to supply our own alcohol, Ev and I are going to have an insane hand-picked collection of our favorite local craft beers for our guests to sample.
3. I made all of the signage myself: Seating charts, guestbook signs, etcetera. I created a simple watercolor paintings on canvas and then wrote over top in gold acrylic paint and gold sharpie.
2. My “first dance” with my dad isn’t actually a dance. He’s not a dancer, and one of my best memories with him is singing along to the radio in the car. So, instead we are going to do karaoke and so air guitar to Queen.
What are you looking forward to? What are your favorite personal touches? Share in the comments!
Reef flip-flops are one of my very favorite things in life. I buy a new pair of Gingers every year. Every year for the last 7+ years. So, naturally, when Reef reached out to see if I’d be interested in working with them to include their products in a post, I jumped at the chance.
Because here’s the thing — it’s not a far stretch to connect Reefs and weddings. In fact, I had a pair of Reefs for my first wedding (I took them off before walking onto the beach). And I wore that year’s Gingers for the rest of the time we were in Hawaii, because if it’s not snowing or raining, that’s what I always wear.
Whether you’re dressing up, dressing down, going sightseeing or just lounging around, Reef has something perfect for every part of your wedding and beyond.
For the Bachelorette Party:
Voyage Low bootie, $115
How cute would these be with a classy little swing dress and surround by all your besties?
For the Rehearsal Dinner:
Celine flip-flop, $40
Cute little sundress? Check. Pre-wedding jitters? Check. Your best friends and fam around to celebrate? Check. Super cute and comfy shoes perfect for mingling? Nailed it.
For the Beach Wedding:
Gypsy Wrap sandal, $54
These sandals are super comfortable, but look amazing with a gorgeous boho dress — perfect for your beach nuptials. No uncomfortable pinching or achy feet from heels for your laidback, badass self.
For the Honeymoon:
Ginger flip-flop, $28
Whether you’re lazily strolling through European streets, stopping at the occasional cafe or bistro for a glass of bubbly or just lounging your honeymoon away on the beach, these flip-flops can’t be beat. They mold to your foot in a way that makes it feel like you’re wearing nothing at all.
For Date Night:
Bliss Wild, $26
Keep the romance going — and your feet comfortable — with these super cute sandals. I’m totally digging the gold accent and the airy feel, which could perfectly accessorize a cute dress or a sleek pair of skinnies.
Which pair of Reef shoes would you rock for your wedding? Take a look at their site, and come back to share in the comments!