We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. By clicking on the links and making a purchase, you're helping to support the site so we can keep bringing you badass ideas.
For this week’s CAI/GOI post, I’m doing two brides at one time… *bow-chicka-bow-wow* What can I say? I got skillz. Let’s see what brides Marie & Maddie (aka my ‘bitches’) had to say:
I hella love your blog. So refreshing from all those blogs that assume you have 1,000 dollars to spend. I fell in love with this gown, and thought you could find the affordable version before I have a bridezilla meltdown? It’s called Julianna by Christos.
Can’t Afford It, Dress #1:
Hi!I wrote to you about this dress about four months ago and I don’t think you ever posted it on Broke Ass Bride (I check almost every day!), but I could have missed it. I’m finally engaged and STILL can’t stop thinking about this dress– it’s the only one that’s caught my eye in over a year of browsing, but I can’t find anything remotely similar in a reasonable price range. I’m about to give in and get it custom made or order from one of those weird Chinese websites, but I thought I would ask you again to see if you can work some of your magic for me, pretty please?Again, it’s Elie Saab for Pronovias and the name of the dress is “Caelum.” I attached front and back pics. What I love, love, love about it is the lace (especially the full skirt), the sweetheart neckline, the sleeves (A MUST), and the plunging back. At this point, anything under $1,000 would be wonderful!THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!MaddieCan’t Afford It, Dress #2:
Get Over It:
1. Bonny Bridal. About $1000.
2. Karolina Sposa. About $1000.
3. Mon Cheri. About $1000.
4. Sincerity Bridal. About $1000.
5. Love, Yu. $1500.
6. Sincerity Bridal. About $750.
7. Jasmine Collection. About $750.
8. Impression Bridal. About $750.
9. Demetrios. About $1250.
10. Songi. About $1250.
11. Demetrios. About $1250.
12. Demetrios. About $1250.
13. Demetrios. About $1250.
14. David’s Bridal. $724.
Miss any other CAI/GOI magic? Catch up here:
- What if I can’t afford a budget bridal gown?
- Can’t Afford it? Get Over it, Pt 1
- Short/Tea Length Gowns
- Break up with Oscar, Fall in Love with David
- Now Taking Requests
- Amsale Edition
- Lhuillier Lace Fiesta
- Your Requests Answered
- Pnina, Claire, Melissa, & Amsale
- Can’t Afford the “Carrie”? Get Over It with these Gowns
- Jovani “Get Over it” Wedding Gown Gallery
- A Groom’s Request for his Bride
- Alterations Included
- Under $200
- Grace Kelly Inspired Gowns with Sleeves
- The Sash Bride
- Off-Le-Shoulder Gowns
- Illusion Necklines
- The Textured Look
- Swiss Dots & Polka Dots
- Shoes… Yes, Shoes!
- The Sheath Dress
- Veils… Yes, Veils!
- Save Your B-maids Some Bucks!
- Lace Covered Pumps
- Curing Your ‘Something Blues’ With Shoes
- The Casual Reception Dress
- Pippa Middleton’s Gown
- Sparkly & Elegant
- Low-back & Lacey
- Collar Poppin’ Gowns
- Salma Hayek’s Balenciaga Stunner
- So Not Strapless
- Flapper-Style Reception Dress
- Bridal Gown For A Vintage Affair
- Stunning and Under $600
- Fit and Flare Fantasy Gown