My wedding is two weeks away and I have never felt such a flurry of emotions! Despite some stresses, however, the excitement is definitely in the forefront as we near the final countdown.
In the spirit of lists, here are a couple related to my big day.
10 things I am most looking forward to:
10. My university friend group, which has been scattered across the country, finally reuniting in one place after a long time.
9. Introducing my old friends to my new friends and hopefully seeing them hit it off.
8. Looking like a freaking beauty queen in my dress.
7. Getting to seeing my family, and my fiance’s family, who live in another part of the country.
6. Getting dressed up with my bridesmaids.
5. Seeing my brother, who lives in dirty jeans and T-shirts, in a suit for the first time in my life.
4. Dancing the night away. I haven’t been to a club in years, as I’ve lost my patience for extremely crowded places with overly-friendly strangers. I can’t wait to shake it to my heart’s content with people who I actually want close to me! Also, I got to pick the music.
3. My bachelorette party with all of the amazing ladies that I call my friends.
2. Dancing with my husband to our first dance song. We sneakily even learned a touch of choreography for it and are going to surprise everyone when we bust out some sick moves. I’m otherwise known for having two left feet.
1. Marrying the love of my life.
4 of my favorite personal touches:
4. Since we get to supply our own alcohol, Ev and I are going to have an insane hand-picked collection of our favorite local craft beers for our guests to sample.
3. I made all of the signage myself: Seating charts, guestbook signs, etcetera. I created a simple watercolor paintings on canvas and then wrote over top in gold acrylic paint and gold sharpie.
2. My “first dance” with my dad isn’t actually a dance. He’s not a dancer, and one of my best memories with him is singing along to the radio in the car. So, instead we are going to do karaoke and so air guitar to Queen.
What are you looking forward to? What are your favorite personal touches? Share in the comments!
Hi again BABs! Today we bring you a bridge in love with a unique sparkly gown. Reader Natz Hay commented on this post looking for her dream gown:
Thank you for what you do! I just discovered your site and it’s helping me figure things out since my recent engagement. I have fallen in love with the Galia Lahav – Bella dress but the pocket hasn’t caught up with that price yet. It would be a big help if you could find similar alternatives for less than $3000 especially in that color. Thank you.
That’s gorgeous, no wonder you fell in love! This gown is particularly special in it’s materials. It is sewn clear beading on top of a nude colored fabric to give the impression of sparkling water. Other than the clear sparkly beads and the nude underlay, I don’t see any other color, so that is what I am going to work on for you. I’ll try to find some gowns for you that have a similar feel, of a nude underlay with beaded or lace on top to give a somewhat sheer and sexy look. Let’s see what I can scour the internet to find, Natz …
‘Bella’ by Galia Lahav; $10,000+
Ivory and Nude Lace Backless Long Sleeve Bridal Dress JB32987; $1,500+ by Jovani Bridal
Nadine; $2,000+ by Calla Blanche
Galina Signature style SWG719; $1,000 by David’s Bridal
Roberta; $1,500+ by Adrianna Papell
Jasmine gown; $2,500+ by Calla Blanche
Lucia; $2,500+ by Eddy K
Florinda; $1,500 by Sottero and Midgley
Long Sleeve Illusion Lace Wedding Dress; $1,400 by David’s Bridal
Couture Style CT165; $2,500+ by Eddy K
Ivory/Nude Floor Length Beaded Dress, style 37687; $1,500+ by Jovani Bridal
How’s it looking, Natz? Do any of these hit the mark for the sexy, shimmery, beaded lace look you liked in the Bella gown?
Got a gown that you just can’t get off your mind? We’re happy to help you get over it! Just tell us in the comments below! Please remember to include the budget you’re working with so we can find you the best alternative for you. Please be aware, though, that because you guys love this column so much, we can often build up quite the queue and it may be a while before we can get to your dream dress. Rest assured, though, Team Broke-Ass is on the case!
*As always, please do your own research before buying a gown online. Team Broke-Ass is here to provide you with inspiration and resources, but it is up to the consumer to know what they’re purchasing.