We had some great requests for color scheme inspiration on Facebook, but this one from Lily stood out as an interesting challenge. She’s looking to pair dark purple and warm orange over ivory, accented by rose gold in a Midsummer Night’s Dream-meets-carnival theme. To me, the great Shakespearean play reminds me of Greek-style flowing dresses, floral crowns and an organic feeling while carnivals are bright and showy with lots of light and sparkles. We scrubbed the interwebz for some dreamy inspiration to bring these two great ideas together.
1. Get your guests geared up for the party with these Eventide rose gold foil stamped invites from Minted ($260 for 100 invitations).
2. Shine a light on the night with rose gold lanterns from Etsy seller OpenVintage Shutters ($15.99).
3. You’ll look like a dream come to life in the airy Lucca gown from BHLDN ($520).
4. Top your wedding day look with this etherial Floral Crown with blush pearls from Etsy seller NoonontheMoon ($125).
7. These purple candle holders from Luna Bazaar are lined in a yellow gold hue, but light a candle and they glow a lovely burnt orange shade from behind the aubergine ($6).
8. Calla lilies look amazing mixed with a variety of flowers and greens. The mango orange variety from Blooms by the Box are a wonderful color to match this palette ($37.90 for a box of 10).
9. Blue by Betsey Johnson’s Wed pump is a classic and demure style in a medium high heel that won’t kill your feet, but when they’re covered in rose gold sequins, they bring out the fun, flashy carnival vibe! 6pm.com’s awesome discounted price is reason enough to party ($52.99).
10. A dreamy night calls for stars and these huge 24″ paper star lanterns from Luna Bazaar are a lovely marriage between the two themes ($7.95).
11. Reminiscent of crescent moons, the rose gold links in this 1928 Vintage Lace Half Circle stretch bracelet on Amazon adds a pop of metallic without being overwhelming ($22).
12. Bring out the ivory in your palette with a beautiful show of deep purple with the Picasso mini calla lily from Blooms by the Box ($37.90 for a box of 10).
13. These rose gold and rhinestone Constellation Earrings from Etsy seller BearfruitBoutique are delicate enough for a fairy and add a whimsical sparkle to a wedding day ensemble ($36).