We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. By clicking on the links and making a purchase, you're helping to support the site so we can keep bringing you badass ideas.
Being a crafty lady I wanted to do something fun and different for my escort cards. My wedding theme is basically summed up in five words: Vintage Victorian Lace and Burlap which goes nicely with our venue. We are getting married in a Victorian-style historic home that is decorated with fireplaces, beautiful pastels and intricate crown molding. In keeping with the vintage theme I found some really cute ideas on Pinterest for escort cards. The one I decided to do was pinned from Bridal Musings.
Original Photo: Katie Headley via United With Love
It was really easy to make and pretty inexpensive — all under $75! I am creating them as I get RSVPs in the mail so it isn’t a mad dash to create these little suckers before the big day! My supplies are listed below as well as a pictured.
– Keys: $14.99 Joy Deco 30 pcs Mixed Vintage Skeleton Keys (Mo1B) From Amazon.com
I ordered 3 sets for 90 keys for a 140 person wedding
– Fleur de Lis Stamp: $1.50 Value Pack ink pads (came with 4 designs!) from Michael’s
– Happily Ever After Ribbon: $1.79 from Michael’s
I purchased 4 to be safe and have some left over
– Tags: $2.79 Recollections Creative Tags 20 pc 2″ x 4.25″ from Michael’s
I bought 5 packs
– Optional: Zig Memory System Calligraphy Marker Set: You can totally write the names in permanent marker but the pen set was on sale for $5 at Michaels so I couldn’t pass it up! I couldn’t find the sale online for but I found the same set on Amazon for $7.67.
It was super easy to create. First I stamped little fleur de lis in the corners of all the tags. Then I wrote the guest’s name and table number underneath. Before I did this, though, I practiced on a scrap piece of paper so I didn’t waste any tags. Then I simply tied the key to the tag with a bow using my pretty “happily ever after” ribbon and voila!
I will be displaying the keys on a small table with a sign that I created that says “Please find the key to your table and choose a seat.” Hopefully everyone will enjoy this unique twist to the plain old white escort cards!