We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. By clicking on the links and making a purchase, you're helping to support the site so we can keep bringing you badass ideas.
My wedding is two weeks away and I have never felt such a flurry of emotions! Despite some stresses, however, the excitement is definitely in the forefront as we near the final countdown.
In the spirit of lists, here are a couple related to my big day.
10 things I am most looking forward to:
10. My university friend group, which has been scattered across the country, finally reuniting in one place after a long time.
9. Introducing my old friends to my new friends and hopefully seeing them hit it off.
8. Looking like a freaking beauty queen in my dress.
7. Getting to seeing my family, and my fiance’s family, who live in another part of the country.
6. Getting dressed up with my bridesmaids.
5. Seeing my brother, who lives in dirty jeans and T-shirts, in a suit for the first time in my life.
4. Dancing the night away. I haven’t been to a club in years, as I’ve lost my patience for extremely crowded places with overly-friendly strangers. I can’t wait to shake it to my heart’s content with people who I actually want close to me! Also, I got to pick the music.
3. My bachelorette party with all of the amazing ladies that I call my friends.
2. Dancing with my husband to our first dance song. We sneakily even learned a touch of choreography for it and are going to surprise everyone when we bust out some sick moves. I’m otherwise known for having two left feet.
1. Marrying the love of my life.
4 of my favorite personal touches:
4. Since we get to supply our own alcohol, Ev and I are going to have an insane hand-picked collection of our favorite local craft beers for our guests to sample.
3. I made all of the signage myself: Seating charts, guestbook signs, etcetera. I created a simple watercolor paintings on canvas and then wrote over top in gold acrylic paint and gold sharpie.
2. My “first dance” with my dad isn’t actually a dance. He’s not a dancer, and one of my best memories with him is singing along to the radio in the car. So, instead we are going to do karaoke and so air guitar to Queen.