We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. By clicking on the links and making a purchase, you're helping to support the site so we can keep bringing you badass ideas.
It’s time for me to narrow the list and select a wedding photographer! These are exciting times. There’s just one small issue: There are so many photographers in this world! Photographers that are my friends, photographers that I have worked with in the past, photographer referrals from past brides and I only need one.
I made a list of four photographers to review for our big day. I reached out to each of them, gathered quotes and called all four armed with my checklist to discuss their services.
After countless hours of conversations, we made a decision. A decision that would change the course of all of my planning and the theme for our wedding. The photographer asked me one simple question that sealed the deal: “What is your love story?”
Our love story, yes that’s it! The lightbulb came on. Now all of the Pinterest ideas can come to life in a very special budget-friendly way.
Let’s start with the engagement photoshoot:
The Preparation: Travis and I sat down and discussed what matters most to us as a couple. I made a list and sent it to my photographer. In a nutshell: service, authenticity, travel and relationships.
Preparation Part 2, Getting Ready: scheduled my wedding day makeup trial, a win win (plus, I planned to attend a gala on the same day, so my makeup was a triple-whammy). I didn’t do anything fancy with my hair, just went to my normal hair appointment the night before and ensured that we picked a style that would look good all day.
Makeup Artist: rayaroxmakeup
The Big (Engagement Photoshoot) Day:
- First location: place of our first kiss
Reenactment of the First Kiss! Photo Credit: Rayna Wooden Photography
9:45 a.m.: outfit change and off to the second location
- Second location: Michigan + Texas = Atlanta
Home is where the heart is. Photo Credit: Rayna Wooden Photography
10:45 a.m.: outfit change and head over to the third location
- Third location: We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us
Travis poses for the camera!
11:30am: Last change and last spot
- Fourth location: The fondest memories are made around the table.
We love a great meal with friends & family in Atlanta’s “Little Italy”
Ended the day with a group selfie, a glass of wine and a great meal at our favorite restaurant.
The Aftermath: what in the world are we going to do with all of these pictures?
- Save the Dates
- Wedding Website
- Christmas Gifts
- Wedding Decor, i.e table numbers, guest book, etc…
- Home Decor
- Select a wedding photographer who includes the engagement photoshoot in the package. We had a wonderful time getting to know Rayna and are excited to continue the love story at our wedding!
- Schedule your wedding makeup trial for the engagement photoshoot. I don’t wear a lot of makeup so it was good to get a visual and I got to see if my makeup would last all day and in outdoor conditions.
- I love a great theme and I was struggling to make all of my Pinterest ideas come to life. Kicking off “our love story” theme has made so many aspects of the wedding planning process a no brainer and I am so excited to watch the vision become a reality.
I can’t wait to see our pictures!