We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. By clicking on the links and making a purchase, you're helping to support the site so we can keep bringing you badass ideas.
Have you ever wanted to travel to the future? Wondering what life will be like after you plan the most epic wedding ever? Tired of researching 101 photo and video booths and coming up with witty hashtags to make sure that you capture EVERYTHING at your big day?
Well I have a solution — a cost effective solution.
A friend approached me about a startup that was looking for people to try out their latest invention. Of course, I was interested, I just needed to make sure that Travis was open to the idea. So we met with the owner and 20 minutes later we were asking “where do we sign up?”
Here’s how it works and why you will quickly change your mind about that photo booth that you are considering.
- We created our profile, determined what memories we wanted people to capture, uploaded our guests email address and signed up for the service, it’s $299 for 25 years worth of memories!
- An email message went out to our guests 17 days before the wedding. I didn’t see the content of the email before it was sent, but strangely the tone sounded just like me! Our guests were convinced that it came from my email account and that I was pleading with them to download the app and participate. This was a bonus considering that I didn’t have time to customize an email with all of the other things that I had on my plate.
- After the first email was sent, Incubate sent several more leading up to the wedding and even gave our guests the option to “opt out” of receiving multiple emails. Funny moment, one of my cousins emailed me and told me not to worry about sending so many emails, I can do that because I am the bride. Again, she thought that the messages were coming from me and not from an automated service.
- Travis and I just sat back and watched as our family & friends downloaded the app in the days leading up to our wedding!
- Videos, picture, text and voice messages were created before, during and after our wedding and scheduled to “hatch” in the future!
- The messages started to hatch during the wedding and it was such a treat to see them the next morning! We celebrated our one month anniversary on August 28th and a few more hatched that day as well. So cool, to relive the moment!
While $299 for an add on experience may not be in your budget, it’s well worth it in comparison to the $500-$1500 photo booths that I researched that would not live on for many years to come!
In addition to Incubate My Wedding, the owners took the experience once step further and shared with me that they created a custom fully functional 55″ iPad that runs the mobile application — the world’s first Future Booth — rendering traditional photo booths obsolete. And have coined, it as “The Coolest F@%*IN’ Thing You Can Have At Your Wedding.”
Image Courtesy of Incubate My Wedding