We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. By clicking on the links and making a purchase, you're helping to support the site so we can keep bringing you badass ideas.
I am a huge fan of Jean Dessès, a fashion designer from the 40s, 50s and 60s, so I was super excited when I got a CAI/GOI request based on one of his chiffon stunners. See what bride Saskia had to say:
This is my dream dress, typical it’s a 1950’s vintage Jean Dessès dress and I can’t seem to find anything remotely similar in any colour, while I’d love it in red [but] any white, ivory, blush, silver, grey etc colour would also work. Would love to see if you can find something similar. 🙂
This bride is clearly not afraid of color, so don’t be surprised to see some non-white dress picks in the get over it mix.
Can’t Afford It:
Get Over It:
1. Dere King. Under $600.
2. Mikael Aghal. $122.50.
3. Nicole Miller. $530.
4. Mikael Aghal. $239.75.
5. Destinations by Maggie Sottero. About $1000.
6. ABS. $79.99.
7. Alex Evenings. $128.
8. Laundry by Shelli Segal. $375.
9. Vera Wang Lavender. $550.
10. Allure Bridals. Under $1000.
11. Bonny Bridal. Under $1000.
12. J.Crew. $850.
13. Aria. Under $500.
14. French Connection. $91.65.
15. J.Crew. $675.
16. Tadashi Shoji. $348.
17. Mandalay. $921.
20. Badgley Mischka Platinum. $417.
21. Robert Rodriguez Black Label. $537.
- What if I can’t afford a budget bridal gown?
- Can’t Afford it? Get Over it, Pt 1
- Short/Tea Length Gowns
- Break up with Oscar, Fall in Love with David
- Now Taking Requests
- Amsale Edition
- Lhuillier Lace Fiesta
- Your Requests Answered
- Pnina, Claire, Melissa, & Amsale
- Can’t Afford the “Carrie”? Get Over It with these Gowns
- Jovani “Get Over it” Wedding Gown Gallery
- A Groom’s Request for his Bride
- Alterations Included
- Under $200
- Grace Kelly Inspired Gowns with Sleeves
- The Sash Bride
- Off-Le-Shoulder Gowns
- Illusion Necklines
- The Textured Look
- Swiss Dots & Polka Dots
- Shoes… Yes, Shoes!
- The Sheath Dress
- Veils… Yes, Veils!
- Save Your B-maids Some Bucks!
- Lace Covered Pumps
- Curing Your ‘Something Blues’ With Shoes
- The Casual Reception Dress
- Pippa Middleton’s Gown
- Sparkly & Elegant
- Low-back & Lacey
- Collar Poppin’ Gowns
- Salma Hayek’s Balenciaga Stunner
- So Not Strapless
- Flapper-Style Reception Dress
- Bridal Gown For A Vintage Affair
- Stunning and Under $600
- Fit and Flare Fantasy Gown
- Full Skirted & Cap-sleeved
- Boho Budget Bride
- $350 or Less
- Lovely, Lacey & Less Than $600
- Rosa Clara
- Black and White Wedding Gowns
- Short, Sweet & Under $600
- Bridal Booties
- Flowy & Fabulous
- The Discontinued Dream Dress
- Under $300 with Va-Va-Voom, Butt-Hugging Gloriousness
- Ethereal, Vera Wang-esque Gowns With Sheer V-Neck Straps
- Chic, Lace, Mermaid Style Gown with Boho Flair
- The Gold-Beaded Vintage-Inspired Mystery Gown