We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. By clicking on the links and making a purchase, you're helping to support the site so we can keep bringing you badass ideas.
Hey Hey Hey! We’re looking for a few kick-ass folks to join our kick-ass team. And when we look for cooler-than-cool we know to go to the source: our readers. We need talents across the spectrum for paid positions in ad sales and web development, to internships in media and editorial.
Each position has it’s own requirements but we’re coming to you first because all of them require smarts, moxie and generally bad-assery. So hit us up (or tell your incredibly talented friend to hit us up) and maybe we’ll be seeing a lot more of each other!
But enough chit chat. Let’s dig in shall we?
♥ AD SALES MANAGER:
Our sponsors are what make this blog possible, and we need someone to help manage the sales and upkeep of our advertising department.
– Applicant should have a minimum of one year in ad sales, specifically online ad sales.
– Super organized: creating and managing database of all sponsor contacts, sales, communications etc.
– Excited and determined to generate leads.
– Comfortable with cold calling/emailing.
– Great follow-up skills. Someone who is not afraid to pester but has the people skills to feel like an old friend checking in.
– Knowledge of WordPress and the wedding industry a super strong plus.
Full time. Compensation is based solely on commission.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to jobs[at]brokeassbride.com with subject line “AD SALES MANAGER”
♥ FREELANCE WEB DEVELOPER:
We’re seeking an experienced freelance programmer well-versed in WordPress, CSS, HTML, SEO, and E-Commerce development.
Our ideal developer is good at working in a team situation (ie alongside our designer and us) but is also efficient when flying solo. Excellent with deadlines and attention to detail. This will be for a few larger projects as well as ongoing site development. Preference for LA area but happy to work with any location for the right fit.
Compensation based on experience.
To apply, send resume, cover letter and links to previous work to jobs[at]brokeassbride.com with subject line “WEB DEVELOPER”
♥ MEDIA INTERN:
You’ll be generating and distribute pitches and press releases on behalf of BAB, as well as researching, organizing and maintaining database of contacts in media outlets.
Ideal candidate qualifications:
– Fearlessness (or at least willing to tell fear to go “shut it” ’cause you gots a job to do.)
– Excellent writing and grammar skills
– Great follow up skills. We’re looking for someone who is not afraid to pester but has the people skills to feel like an old friend checking in.
– Highly organized, great with deadlines and very self-motivated
Experience or education in PR or marketing programs a plus. LA local preferred but willing to work remotely with the right candidate if necessary. Most duties can be performed on your own schedule but periodic meetings will be scheduled.
This is an unpaid internship but course credit is available. 10 hours/week.
To apply, send resume, cover letter and writing samples to jobs[at]brokeassbride.com with subject line “MEDIA INTERN”
♥ EDITORIAL INTERN:
A great opportunity for someone interested in the business of blogging. You’ll be helping us reorganize content, strategize new series’, edit and proofread. Requires exceptional attention to detail, excellent writing and grammar skills. Knowledge of wordpress is crucial, photoshop and SEO skills are a huge plus. Unpaid, but credit available. Could easily grow into a contributing position. 10-15 hours/week. LA local preferred, but we’re open to the right person working remotely.
To apply, send resume, cover letter and writing samples to jobs[at]brokeassbride.com with subject line “EDITORIAL INTERN”