Posts in the 'Shopping' Category
I love Luna Bazaar products, not just for a wedding, but for my home too. Last year, Luna sent me a few things to test out, and I’m totally hooked. Those disco ball string lights? Still totally in my house. So, they did it again. Luna Bazaar gave me a chance to pick my five favorite things from their site, as long as it was no more than $25 worth of products. And I had a heyday … though I was only able to pick 4 products for the allotted amount, I totally splurged and bought myself a little something extra.
This little guy hangs out on my pegboard where I store my pots and pans and totally pops against the pale yellow, but I think this would be a great, colorful option for the wintery centerpiece DIY.
I like straws. I like gold. I like drinking bubbly out of gold straws because it makes me feel fancy, OK? Besides, how cute were the black iterations in Ally’s bridesmaid brunch?
This adorable little chalkboard is so cute! We use it in our house to write stupid stuff to one another, but for a wedding it would be great to denote a treat table or drinks or just hang sweet love notes around — written by your guests!
I have every intention of filling mine with glitter. There is absolutely nothing else I would use it for in my own house, and I think that everyone should do this for their wedding, too. Or just use this vase as shown, with a pretty stem. A GLITTER STEM.
My kitten loves nothing more in the whole wide world than to steal my rings, earrings and hair ties, so I got this to keep her sticky little paws out of my stuff. However, this is also a great alternative to a ring pillow — have your flower girl or ring bearer carry this pretty piece down the aisle, and you won’t have to worry about the ribbon coming loose or other potential disasters.
Friday! Woop woop! I’m headed to Las Vegas this weekend for a conference and get to hang out with the oh-so rad Budget Savvy Bride and talk to some of our partners, like Luna Bazaar and ModCloth, about how to make more awesome things happen for you guys. So, while I’m boob-deep in meetings, I hope you guys enjoy this Ten for the Weekend. There are tons of good wedding-y deals in here!
1. Craftsy’s New Year New You Flash Sale is going on until 1/18.
Try your hand at making your own thank you cards.
2. Need some bling? DiamondStuds4Less is taking 15% off all orders + free shipping with code LOVE2015.
3. Save yourself some hand cramps and get 15 % off address labels with wedding announcements from Shutterfly until 1/20.
4. Save some skrilla on wedding decor with 5% off sitewide at Luna Bazaar with code LUNASAVE5.
5. Get killer at-home hair color and take 20% off with your first purchase at Madison Reed.
This new design totally needs to belong in my collection.
7. Score some jewels with 80% off at Gloss Jewelry with code NEWYEAR80.
8. Plus-size gals, head over to Kiyonna to get 20% off orders $150 or more with code NEWYOU15.
9. Give your yoga kit an upgrade and get 10% off at YogaAccessories.com with code JANKITS.
10. Get your bling on and shop BaubleBar’s Sparkle Stash: Buy 2 items save 15%, buy 3 and save 25%, buy 4 save 30%! Use codes STASH15, STASH25, or STASH30.
Will someone please wear this for their wedding?
Happy Shopping, BABs!
Ready for your weekly roundup of sales and deals? Dig in, BABs!
1. Ready to announce your wedding date? Wedding Paper Divas is taking up to 20% off Save the Date orders with code DATEJAN20.
The simple, bold design of the Deep Romance save the date is totally gorgeous.
2. Fab is having a rare flash sale, with 30% off furniture until tomorrow.
3. Need some new dresses for the new year? BCBG is taking an extra 40% off new markdowns.
4. Hair need a little boost? Madison Reed is taking 20% off your first box of hair color with code REFRESH.
5. It’s sales like this that make us love you: ModCloth is having a 70% “Now or Never” sale until 1/14.
If you even thought for a half a second about wearing a sequin blazer for your wedding, get the Statement of Sequins for $39.99!
6. Get a head start on your wedding decor with Beau-Coup’s tiered sale: Save 15% off $50+, 20% off $150+, 25% off $299 with code YUMS until 1/10.
7. Got some great photos from the holidays? Make a photobook with Blurb and save 25% on large square or large landscape books when you spend $100+. Use code LOVEBOOK25.
8. Express is having an end-of-season sale with up to 70% off and an additional 40% off already reduced clearance.
9. Bachelorette.com is doing one better than a discount: They have FREE downloadable bachelorette party invitations that you can print at home. Which: Awesome.
10. Get an extra 50% off sale styles at Banana Republic until 1/10 with code BREXTRA.
C’mon. You just try to tell me that the Ninah pump isn’t perfect for everyone … or, well, at least for me.
Happy shopping, BABs!
Happy Saturday, BABs! Sorry this is late, but trust a sister: It’s worth it. There are some great wedding-friendly deals and some stunning sales from some of our favorites. This is the last Ten for the Weekend for 2014 as we’ll be taking a break starting Wednesday (don’t worry, we’ll be revisiting our top posts from the year over the holiday break), but we’ll be back with tons of broke-ass goodness in 2015!
1. Anthropologie is knocking 20% off select gifts through the weekend.
These earrings would be amazing for a cool wedding, and they’re $35.20 on sale.
2. In need of a last-minute gift? Zazzle is taking 15% off all orders + 50% off express shipping with code SHIP4HOLIDAY through 12/22.
3. Taking a break over the holidays? Get your craft on with Craftsy’s Best of 2014 Course Sale where all classes are $19.99 or less.
4. Ice yo-self the right way with 20% off all orders + free shipping at DiamondStuds4Less with code DS4LLOVE.
Get married in this under-$100 frock!
7. Fun knee-high socks are a winter staple, and The SoxBox is taking 10% off all orders until 12/22 with code GIFT.
8. Blurb books are a great way to display wedding or engagement photos and you can take 20% off all orders until 12/31 with code DECEMBER-2.
9. Early spring brides might want to start thinking about wedding invitations, and Wedding Paper Divas is knocking 20% off suite components with the purchase of 20 invitations and 20 response cards until 12/23.
I found your destination wedding invitation.
Happy shopping, BABs!
There’s nothing quite like a well-designed product — either aesthetically or for usefulness … but it’s really great it it’s both. Whether it’s sleek and simple, fun and quirky or just one of those “D’oh! Of course! It makes total sense!” (See: this cutting board, which I didn’t include because I’ve obsessed enough over it.) And of course, once I got to looking, it was like a rabbit hole of awesome. So, I present the latest installment of The Broke-Ass Bride’s 2014 Gift Guides, chock-a-block full of radly (I have a friend who is going to HATE me for that) designed goods. There’s quite literally something for everyone on this list, and it’s all under $75.
Top Row, from left: It’s decor and greenery! Boskke Sky Planter, $19.99 || If they get revved up by good design, let them doodle their own, no matter where or when. Moleskine Gift Box Travel Set, $47 || A magnetized bottle opener is a beer-drinker’s best bottle-cap collecting friend, and this one is gorgeous. Areaware Magnetized Bottle Opener, $14.00
Second Row, from left: It’s old-school, yet modernly irreverent and your best homie will surely appreciate every ounce of it … especially if you make the cross-stitch your own damn self. B*tch Please Cross-Stitch Kit, $20 || These little carafes with wood toppers are so cute but so sleek and would be perfect for whatever schamazing sauces you put on your foodstuffs. Zest-Dressed Cruet Set, $29.99 || I love this water filter set to the end of the Earth — it’s pretty, dishwasher-safe and BPA-free. Soma Sustainable Water Filter, $60
Third Row, from left: It’s an old-school gramophone, updated to look awesome for the audiophile in your life. Premium DIY Gramophone Kit, $55.99 || Sure, you could probs use a tennis ball or your wonderful significant other, but this thing is like MADE for your feet to help soothe stress and banish pain. Foot Rubz, $5.99 || You or a person (kid or not) you know can totally create alter egos out of little peg people, and you know it’s going to be rad. DIY Peg Doll Craft Kit, $28
Fourth Row, from left: Let your whiskey get a slight chill and a little water without tasting like the dregs of melted-ice booze. Corkcicle Whiskey Wedge, $14.95 || As a cat owner, wall-mounted vases are a mother effin’ brilliant idea. Trees Company Vase Set, $19.99 || A triple-sided jewelry stand that also evokes trees just looks schamazing, amirite? Driving You Wilderness Jewelry Stand, $24.99
Bottom Row, from left: GUYS. THIS. Because seriously, how fucking cute? Pawcet, $24.99 || Forget cootie catchers, teensy-tinesy folds or paper airplanes. Origami Sticky Notes, $4.35 for a pack of 100 || Um, how about a fish tank that also happens to grow plants and essentially sustain itself? The fish poo feeds the plants, the plants clean the water … and you just have to remember to feed the fish. Aquafarm: Aquaponics Fish Garden, $59.99
Man oh man, this December has been messing with me. For the last week, I’ve been thinking it’s a week closer to Christmas than it really is, and that struck total fear into this girl’s hear. But, lo and behold, it’s exactly what day it’s supposed to be. Funny how that works. And since it’s Friday, and Friday afternoon at that, it’s obviously time for Ten for the Weekend. This week, get your mitts on some geekery, some fun home things, darling dresses, flirty aprons and a few different crafty items.
1. Lord & Taylor is having one of their schamazing Friends and Family sales, with an extra 25% off almost everything until 12/17 with code FRIENDS.
2. If you’ve been paying attention to our Gift Guides, you’ve noticed that a ton of the goods are coming from ThinkGeek — and it’s a good time to get on gettin’ on it because ThinkGeek is having a 25% off site-wide sale + free shipping on orders of $40+ with code USALERT until 12/15.
Because, clearly the Whovian in your life needs this Weeping Angel nightlight.
3. Get yo craft on and save some skrilla with 30% off your entire regular price purchase at Michael’s (online only) with code JINGLEBELLS.
4. Turn those wedding photos or engagement pics into wall art with 15% off at Magic Murals with code HOLIDAY15 until 12/30.
5. For TODAY (12/12) only, Fab.com is knocking 30% off home decor (discount applied only when you use this link).
Clearly, your animal-loving friend is going to adore this giraffe container.
6. If you’re already starting to look at Save the Dates for your wedding, Wedding Paper Divas is knocking 20% off those bad boys until 12/16 with code 20DECDATE.
7. Ain’t that sweet! My M&Ms is taking 40% off all 5 lb. personalized bulk bags of the chocolate candies with code DECBULK40 through 12/14.
8. Need a cute holiday frock for a party? ModCloth is taking 30% off regular-priced dresses through 12/13 with code DRESSUP.
9. Another one for the crafty among us: Craftsy is having a “Stuff Your Stocking” sale on yarn, sewing and quilting products until midnight tonight.
10. I love when Flirty Aprons has a sale, because I freaking love their aprons. And right now, they’re on sale for 60% off when you use code HOLIDAY60 — but it ends tomorrow!
Flirty Aprons got a few new styles in and I’m dying over this Kenzie look.
Happy Shopping, BABs!
Damn. It’s hard to find a good sale after being pummeled with them all during Black Friday and Cyber Monday. But, of course, I couldn’t leave y’all without a killer Ten for the Weekend, now could I? No. Because that would be not awesome. Below we’ve got M&M’s you can put your face on, hot styles for the fella in your life and more sparkly discounts!
1. Whether your family sets out M&Ms for the holidays or you and your honey are considering a candy buffet, this deal is sweet: $20 off My M&M’s order of $50 or more when you use code MYMMSCASH20 until 12/7.
Oh, honey, you’re just so sweet! *CHOMP*
2. Banana Republic has always made some of my favorite winter clothes, but they tend to be a little pricey. But now, you can get 40% off your full-price purchase with code BRXODAYS until 12/7. Restrictions apply.
3. Hunting for your wedding stationery? Take 30% off site wide at Wedding Paper Divas with code CYBER30 until 12/9
4. Help the dude in your life look a little more dapper this season with 30% off sale items at Bonobos with code FROSTY until 12/7.
What’s up, $100 suit jacket?
5. If you’ve been wanting to get a big print of your engagement or wedding photos, now’s the time. Get 25% Off All Orders at Art.com this month with code CHEER25.
6. Functional design powerhouse Quirky has some of their best-selling designs on sale for between $1 and $10 for a limited time.
7. If you’re going to need extra bakeware for the holidays, head on over to Sur la Table and save 40% off select bakeware until 12/7.
8. Whether its for a holiday party or a wedding shower, get personalized gifts at 25% off from Beau-Coup until 12/6 with code FORYOU.
9. A sale a day, everyday: ModCloth is taking 25% off in their Category of the Day sale! Use the day of the week as the code for items in the specified category until 12/7.
10. If you liked that unicorn rug from this week’s gift guide, then go get it from ThinkGeek, where you can save up to 60% on tons of cool shit, like unicorn slippers, soap and rugs. #duh
Hey, BABs! Y’all nice and stuffed from the turkey overload? As promised, I’ve compiled all the best Black Friday deals I could find. There are two exclusive deals just for Broke-Ass Brides, and some amazing discounts from your favorite stores. Planning on having twinkly lights at your wedding? Be sure to check out the Target and Home Depot links below. Love BHLDN’s dresses? It may have gotten marked down. You guys, there’s a ridiculous amount of awesome in here! Happy shopping!
Dessy is offering BABs 20% off SITEWIDE, y’all.
Silver Charm Events: Resident #RealTalk guru and L.A. wedding planner Liz Coopersmith has the hookup — including a great deal on her e-book.
DiamondStuds4Less: 1/2 carat genuine diamond earrings in 14K white gold $189 with code GETMETHESE – GUYS, these are normally $481
House of Brides: 20%-80% off retail with an extra 5% off with free shipping. Use code BLACKFRIDAY2014
BHLDN: Their biggest gown sale yet!
Ann Taylor: 50% Off Entire Purchase with code THANKS
LunaBazaar: 8% off Christmas Ornaments at Luna Bazaar! Enter code ORNAMENTS8 at checkout
Beau-Coup.com: 25% off sitewide and Free Shipping with orders of $50+
A Gift Personalized: 15% off sitewide and Free Shipping with $35.00 order. Use code AGPFREESHIP11
Bloominous: Get 10% off with CLUBBLOOM10 at checkout
ModCloth: 50% off new arrivals
Tiny Prints: Save 30% + an EXTRA 10% with code BLACKFRIDAY
Minted: Enjoy 20% off your holiday card order of $150+ or 15% off your holiday card order of $100+
VistaPrint: Up to 60% off sitewide. Enter code BESTDEALS
Zazzle: Up to 60% off with code ZAZCYBERWEEK
Wedding Paper Divas: 30% off sitewide with code BLCKFRI25
Stella & Dot: 25% off sale items
Kendra Scott: 15% off + free ground shipping with code BFCM2014
Athleta: 20% off. Use code FIT20. Restrictions apply.
Bluefly: Women’s Apparel Now Up To 80% Off
Nordstrom: Huge markdowns across all departments.
SheInside: ]Take an additional 10% off Black Friday prices with code BLACKFRIDAY
Express: 50% off online purchases
Free People: Save up to 50% off select items
BCBG: Spend $200 save $50, spend $300 save $100, spend $400 save $150
Urban Outfitters: Take an additional 25% all sale online all day
Forever21: Deals from $4! Extra 30% Off Sale Items! Free shipping on All Orders!
Piperlime: 25% off. Use code THANKFUL25. Restrictions apply.
Old Navy: Up to 50% off everything online. Restrictions apply.
Kiyonna: Select dresses $40
Rent the Runway: 20% off orders of $75+
J.Crew: 30% off select full-price, 40% off sale with code HOLIDAY
Hourglass Angel: 20% off orders $79 or more + free shipping sitewide
Saturday by Kate Spade: 30% off sitewide with code y DEALME
Asos: 30% off with code TGIBF
Banana Republic: 50% off 1 full priced item + 40% off your purchase. 50% off; use code BRFIFTY. 40% off; use code BRFORTY. Restrictions apply.
BlueFly: Men’s apparel, accessories and shoes up to 80% off
Bonobos: Receive 25% off a purchase of $150 or 30% off a purchase of $250 with code BLACKFRIDAY
Foodie / Kitchen-y
WineoftheMonthClub.com: 15% off gift assortments. Choose from 2 Bottle, 6 Bottle or 12 Bottle wine assortments.
World Market: 50% on many products with code SAVEBIG10
Flirty Aprons: 50% off + free shipping with code BLACKFLIRTY50
Sur la Table: Savings sitewide
AllPosters.com: Save 40% on all orders with coupon code VFF722
Magic Murals: Take 10% off orders $57 to $200; 15% off orders $200 to $400; 20% off orders $400 and above
Target: Sitewide sales
Craftsy: All classes $19.99 or less
Home Depot: Deals sitewide — BRIDES: Keep an eye out for deals on string lights!
Harry and David: Up to 50% off select items
Groupon: Deals on goods, services and more!
Fanatics.com: 25% off plus free shipping on orders over $50 with code TURKEY
ThinkGeek: Up to 60% off 100+ items and take up to 30% off sitewide with code ELFINSALE
Anthropologie: 25% off all items with code HOLIDAY e
Fab.com: 30% off clearance
Poppin: 20% off $60+ and Free Shipping w/ code BFPOP2014. Excludes Furniture, Lighting, Wall Art, + Gift Cards
Amazon: Huge savings on pretty much everything
While I’m always going to be the biggest advocate of black white and gold glitter, I have a lot of love for bright colors. Cobalt blue has been one of my favorites for as long as I can remember — my mother used to collect cobalt glass — and I love the way it pops next to a bright, rich berry color. Add in some pink-tinged rose gold for a little accent and you’ve got a gorgeous color palette perfect for any time of year. All of these finds clock in at under $150, and some of them are even on deep sale right now.
Middle Row, from left: Lulu’s Sweepstakes Winner Royal Blue Skater Dress $95 || BHLDN Rosalie Dress
$200.00 $120.00 || Ann Taylor Jacquard Strapless Wedding Dress $795 || BHLDN Candence Gown $1,950.00, $1,200.00 || Express Pleated Keyhole Fit and Flare Dress $79.90 $39.95 || ModCloth Sapphire and Ice Dress $129.99 $90.99 || ModCloth Bright Where It Belongs Dress$79.99
Bottom Row: BaubleBar Starlight Ear Set $34 || BaubleBar Violet Flounce Collar $44 || ModCloth Never Too Elated Heel in Garnet $59.99 || Zappos Madden Girl KopyKat $49.50 || Angara Solitaire Bezel Round Blue Sapphire Promise Ring
What are your wedding colors? Do you have any Get Inspired color requests?