Posts in the 'Shopping' Category
So, this cold front, you guys. It’s cold, isn’t it? I swear I moved to Texas to try to get away from the cold, but it’s following me. And what are you supposed to do if one of these jerk cold fronts come in just in time for what you thought was going to be a temperate autumn wedding? Well, you get a rad cover-up, that’s what. Sure, jackets or nice sweaters can be an investment — but it’s just that: An investment. If you spend a little money on a good piece, then it should last a while. And whenever you wear it, you’ll likely think back to your wedding, which is like a double-plus bonus. So for this Five for Friday, I hunted down five smokin’ hot jackets, coats and sweaters to keep you looking cool on your wedding day and all these beauties clock in at under $120.
Classic blazer. Not-so-classic cut. This would be so great with a ballgown or A-line dress. Bonus if the dress has a ton of sparklez.
A cape, you guys. A CAPE.
Going for an Old Hollywood feel on your wedding day? Channel the glamour pusses of Tinsel Town and rock this bad boy.
Who said you have to wear white? If red is part of your color scheme, don this gorgeous number for some outdoors shots.Visibility Oak Jacket, $69.99 at ModCloth
You know you’d feel like a total badass rocking a moto jacket with your gorgeous dress. I mean, come on.
How are you planning on staying warm during your wedding, all you winter BABs out there?
Happy Friday, darlings! October was a little crazy, wasn’t it? Welp, here we are, nicely settling into November and the holiday sales are just getting stronger, week by week. Which is awesome, because that means the sales, deals and discounts in Ten for the Weekends are just going to get better and better. This week, we have ThinkGeek, a FREE e-book for wedding thank-you notes, shoes from ModCloth and so much more awesome.
1. Wear your apathy on your sleeve, and go ahead and knock 30% off all apparel at ThinkGeek with code WEARIT.
I’d like this for all of the holidays, plz.
2. After figuring out the wording for all of your wedding stationery, you might be worded out. So get a little help with your thank you notes with “Something New: The Bride’s Complete Guide to Writing Thank You Notes” — FREE today on Amazon in e-book form.
3. Have you seen American Eagle Outfitters’ fall collection? It’s adorable. And now it’s an extra 20% off with code GOODNEWS until 11/11.
4. The holidays are definitely awesome for stocking up on otherwise pricey goods. Sur la Table is offering 60% off dinnerware sets until 11/10.
5. Shoes! ModCloth! Sales! All three in one! ModCloth is having a 25% off shoe sale … and their shoes are SO. GOOD. No code necessary, sale ends 11/11.
Well, helllooooo gorgeous! The Fine Dining Heel in Gold is $51.99 right now.
6. You know you have someone you want to give a mustache piggy bank to. Save 30% off Fab brand home items! Use this link and the promotion will be applied in your cart.
7. For anything personalized and awesome, head over to Zazzle where you can get up to 60% off during their Veterans Day Sale with code VETERANDAY14 until 11/11.
8. Get your whole wedding suite at 20% off at Wedding Paper Divas with code 20WEDNOV until 11/11.
These laser-cut wedding invitations are wonderfully pretty.
9. Hey sports fans! Show your pride with 20%-40% off kitchen and bar items at Fanatics.com until 11/8.
Happy shopping, BABs!
Happy Friday, BABs! I think fall has finally decided to show it’s face — albeit shyly — here in North Texas … just in time, too, since all the cutest stuff seems to be on sale! This Ten for the Weekend has oodles of gorgeous and cozy fashion finds that won’t destroy your budget, but will leave you looking the bestest.
1. A super fancy dress at a quarter of the price? Yep, Rent the Runway does just that. And go ahead and score $20 off orders $75+ until 11/1 when you use code TREAT2014.
I’d love to see this gorgeous Marchesa Notte dress on a fall bride (Rent for $200, retails at $1395).
2. Speaking of fashion: Ann Taylor (#duh) is offering 50% off your entire purchase with code FASHION50 utnil 10/28.Take 50% off Entire Purchase with code FASHION50.
3. Not one to be left behind, Lord & Taylor is taking an extra 25% off women’s, men’s and kids with their Friends & Family sale until 10/26 with code FRIENDS.
4. Stock up on cool, casual essentials with American Eagle’s 25% off new arrivals offer — use code NEWVIBES until 10/27.
This striped sweater dress (with a V-back!) would be in constant rotation — with my pajamas. Erry day, y’all.
5. Cooler weather calls for sox, but not just any old sox … Save 10% on all orders from the Sox Box using code SAVE10.
6. Flaunt your team spirit at Fanatics with 15% off NCAA sweatshirts and jackets until 10/31.
7. Get a head start on holiday shopping and get home decor, cards, calendars, etc., with Shutterfly and go ahead and save 40% off while you’re at it.
8. YO, DIY BRIDES! If you’re printing your invitations at home, you need this: Comp and Save is offering $5 off your $5 order (+ you get a free wristband) until 11/2 with code 5BC5 at checkout — so stock up on ink and toner!
9. Still in denial that winter is, indeed, coming? Book a vacation with Expedia where you can save up to 55% in Los Cabos, Mexico, plus get a 20% spa discount at select resorts until 10/31.
10. Of course, the best for last: Fab.com, my own personal favorite place for all things fun, funky and design-y, is knocking 10% off sitewide (you must use this link)! Get on it!
Got a cold-weather engagement shoot? These gloves would be perfect!
Happy shopping, BABs!
Happy Friday, everyone! I’ll be traveling to Charlotte, N.C., in the morning for a meeting with some of our partners and to see a friend, and Dana and Paul are officially on the second leg of their epic honeymoon tour, chilling in a great hotel in Seoul. But I’d never take off without leaving you with some great deals and discounts to help you kick your weekend off right. From Anthro to Tradesy and a super awesome deal on wedding dresses for those of you in the Southern California area, this Ten for the Weekend has got the goods to make your wallet happy.
1. I know I know, Halloween isn’t even here yet. But that doesn’t mean you can’t stock up on Thanksgiving cookware. Sur la Table is having a sale on various essentials — from roasting pans to immersion blenders to spiral slicers.
2. Man, there are few things better than a good dress sale, but one of those few things is a discount on already well-priced items. Boohoo.com is knocking 15% off their dresses until 10/19.
3. You know what costs a lot? Wedding stationery. You know who’s taking $40 off orders of $99+ for new customers? Wedding Paper Divas, that’s who (when you enter WPD40 at checkout until 10/28).
I’m loving these “Enchanting Forever” invites.
4. Discounts on discounts are a great thing, y’all. BCBG is taking an extra 30% off final sale items. Now that doesn’t suck.
5. Designer shoes and accessories and getting to feel like one of the cool kids? That’s how Cole Haan rolls with their 30% off Friends and Family deal until 10/21.
6. Need to stock up on basics? Anthropologie is having a 30% sale off select sweaters, tees and pants for a limited time.
7. Guys, have you checked out Dessy’s sale section? They just added three different styles of twist wrap dresses, as well as a whole gang of accessories. Go on, get on it!
8. Call all beer lovers! Craft Beer Club is skimming $10 bucks off when you gift a membership of 3 months or more this holiday season (until 12/31) when you use code iSave5.
9. Do you guys know Tradesy? You should. It’s like, the greatest consignment store / thrift shop, ever. Like, serious designer duds, but previously worn / used (gently), and therefor cheaper than normal. And right now Tradesy is having an accessory sale. So you know, do it.
10. SoCal Brides, this one’s just for you! Unique Vintage’s real, actual brick-and-mortar store in Burbank is having a real life sample sale this Sunday. Check out our Pinterest board for a sampling of the gowns on sale!
Happy shopping, darlings!
Are we sick of that play on words? Maybe? I don’t know. Puns. I dig ‘em. Anyway, since we’ve had oodles of convo surrounding Halloween weddings this week (I mean, you saw the HP Lovecraft-inspired shoot, right?), it seemed appropriate to find some great dresses for this haunted holiday, whether you’re hitting the parties or are planning your own eerie I Do’s — and all of them are frightfully budget-friendly at under $100!
Unique Vintage’s site has this styled in Dia de los Muertos style, with fabulous sugar skull makeup. I die.
Black Long Sleeve Bats Print Dress, $17.59 at SheInsideWhat a Spangled Web We Weave, $94.99 at ModCloth
(Guys. The sparklez!)
How do you like these boo-tiful (sorry) dresses? How will you be dressing up for Halloween?
Happy Friday, darlings! I’m pretty stoked about this week’s Five for Friday, because the lovely, lovely peeps over at Unique Vintage and I schemed up something super special for you. In honor of this girl’s 30th birthday (which, you guys, I’ve been waiting FOREVER for this), Unique Vintage is knocking a cool 30% off select styles this weekend just for you, BABs, which knocks most of these dazzling darlings under $100. Here are my five favorite styles from the selection, and stay tuned for the special discount code at the end!
I love them so! But the last black and white one is my favorite, easily. How about you, BABs? Get yourself over to Unique Vintage to check out the rest of the styles and use code BAB30 at checkout to get 30% off. Happy my birthday to you, darlings!
Well hey there, October! It’s a big ol’ month here at BAB! Dana is GETTING FREAKING MARRIED on Sunday, I’m turning 30 next week and there are tons of awesome new projects in the works behind the scenes. Oh, and of course, there are sales and deals like you would believe going on! This Ten for the Weekend is brimming with some sweet sales, but the business cards below are my all-time favesies. Happy shopping, darlings!
1. LOFT is anteing up with a sweet 40% off your entire purchase including select Lou & Grey until midnight tomorrow (10/4).
2. Pump up your wardrobe without spending a ton. Boohoo is knocking 25% off autumn wardrobe essentials when you use code FALL4U until 10/5.
I think I’d live in this cardigan during the winter.
3. Go snag one of Flirty Aprons’ adorable smocks for 25% off + free shipping when you use code BOO25. 4. 15% Off Business Cards
4 Do you have business cards? I think everyone should have one, because you never know when you’ll have that perfect creative click with someone and you want them to be able to get a hold of you, and vice versa. Score some rad ones at Zazzle for 15% off with code PROFESSIONAL.
These will be my next ones. Mark my words. #sparklez
5. Support the boobies, in more ways than one! Hourglass Angel is knocking 10% off all orders of $50 or more through 10/7 with code BCA10 in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
6. Give your hair a whole new look, and take $10 off your first purchase of Madison Reed at-home hair color kits.
7. Throwing a monster bash for Halloween? Head over to Luna Bazaar and take 8% off Halloween decor with code HALLOWEEN8 at checkout.
8. Stock up on baubles! Gloss Jewelry is knocking a whopping 80% off everything in stock with code FALL80.
9. Know what I love? New sheets. Because OOMMMGGGGGG. BeddingStyle.com is skimming a cool 20% off designer bedding and bath when you use code FALL20 until 10/7.
10. I always try to save the best for last: Get thee over to ShopBop and take full advantage of one of their rare sales — save up to 70% on top brands!
Whew! Another week done and dusted. Did you all get shit done this week? I know I sure as hell did, and I can’t wait to kick back and do a whole helluva lot of nothing. Well, and do a little retail therapy, of course. So, in that vein, here you go with this week’s killer deals, discounts and sales to get your guilt-free shopping on!
1. You know what would save you a buttload of time on those return envelopes? Custom stamps. And Paper Source is knocking 25% off all custom stamps until 9/29!
2. Ain’t no sale like an Anthro sale! Head on over to the fashion powerhouse and take an extra 25% off sale styles using SALEONSALE.
3. Time for a new pair of kicks? 6pm.com has Keds, U.S. Polo Assn., XOXO and more for up to 65% off until 9/27.
4. TODAY only, head over to Cents of Style where all things jewelry are $5.95 + free shipping when you use code SEPTEMBER.
5. Speaking of getting busy in the kitchen, head on over to SurLaTable.com and save 20% on KitchenAid bakeware until 9/30.
6. Guys, let’s talk a pet peeve of mine real fast: Rugs. They’re expensive as hell, and get trampled all over. Which is why when a deal like this makes me super giddy: Get up to 60% off clearance area rugs at Home Depot.
7. Oh look! More shoes for sale! Head over to Nine West and get up to 30% off sale items!
8. I don’t know about y’all, but I’m ready for a vacation. Expedia can help save you up to 55% in Los Cabos plus a 20% spa discount at select resorts until 10/31.
9. SheInside is getting spooky with a huge BOGO + up to 30% off with their Annual Shopping Carnival when you enter code PREH30 through 11/2.
10. If you have any stationery needs WHATSOEVER, get your booty over to Shutterfly and save 40% off … well … anything with code GOOD4U until 9/28.
So, you might be wondering about that flower girl dress story … Without being specific, naturally, as to not shame the maker who (wondrously) has amazing Etsy reviews.
You may have gathered regarding my pregnant sister’s overseas bridesmaids dress she ordered without telling me, that I prefer things to be from the states so they can be returned easily without having to possibly pay $90 for shipping, restocking fees, aggravation tax … what have you.. During my flower girl dress search, it seemed that nearly everything led back to a store outside of the US. You can usually tell these sites from others and proceed with the proper amount of shade because the children are overly made-up and there is typically “princess” somewhere in the shop name. But I digress …
So I turned to my faithful friend, Etsy. Where the options range from simple tutus to $500 massive mountains of tulle that would put even Honey Boo-Boo to shame. And I just couldn’t do that to my precious little angels (<– also, coincidentally, the name of one of those flower girl dress shops). I browsed online at every department store I could think of. Peeked at Target every now and then (which, funny enough, they NOW have ivory lace dresses . Because, of course.). And then after weeks of hemming and hawing over tulle versus lace versus vintage or rustic, I found the perfect dress for my girls. A simple jersey halter dress with a light layered tulle bottom. Not too fluffy. Affordable. And not too rustic (humans please stop putting burlap on children). And so they were ordered.
And then they arrived. About 3 shades darker than your typical ivory. Yes still somehow see-through. And about 3 sizes too big. And cut so low that my little darlings are nearly indecent. They were just not as pictured and simply not well made.
But trying to make most of the situation, I figured we could make do. Besides the fact that my littles are so perfect who even cares about the dress! But I mean it at least has to fit properly and NOT be see-through. So we thought if we took in the elastic in it would be fine. And buy a slip. But really, the entire dress needed to visit a seamstress. And so it did (along with that sister of mine who is growing a child inside of her and also needed alterations). Luckily, they found a local seamstress that would do the alterations for less than $20. Which makes the amazing $30 etsy find a total of $50.
The moral of the story? You get what you pay for and there are NO guarantees with Etsy. But darn it if those girls aren’t going to look like perfect dolls (<– also probably a flower girl dress shop name). Always do your research, but be prepared that anything can — and likely will! — happen.