Posts in the 'Shopping' Category
1. Love yoga but hate going to classes? Yoga Download is offering their Yearly Elite membership for $60 (normally $90) with code EARTH15YE until 4/23.
2. Etsy seller WonderfullyHooked2U is hooking BABs up with 20% off at her shop when you use Coupon20 at checkout. Oh, and score free shipping with code Brokebride.
Love these personalized hangers!
3. Want to show off your engagement pics? Shutterfly is knocking 50% off hard cover photo books and 30% off everything else with code 50AND30 until 4/22.
4. At Wedding Paper Divas, save 15% off program, menu, place card, table card, napkin and coaster orders of $49 or more or 20% off orders of $99 or more using the code 20DAYOFAPR until 4/21.
5. Need some new glasses for your wedding day? GlassesShop.com is having a Buy One Get One sale with code B1G1 until 4/30.
6. Head to MagnetStreet where you can get 15% off + free shipping on wedding products with codeWEAA4FS until 4/27.
I’m digging this new invitation style!
7. Get your groom looking dapper with 20% off at Bonobos when you use code SPRINGSTYLE through 4/30.
8. Want some pretty wedding day accessories without spending tons? Gloss Jewelry is taking 80% off everything on the site + free shipping with code GLOSS80FREE until 4/30.
9. Being a Broke-Ass Bride has its perks, yo! Get 5% off sitewide at LunaBazaar with code BROKEBRIDE5.
10. Size 10+? We got you. Kiyonna is taking 20% off orders of $150+ with code SPRING2015 until 5/15.
The Luna Lace dress is so pretty and super on-trend!
Happy Shopping, BABs!
Happy Friday, darlings! Since you’re in the midst of wedding planning, I’m sure you know Etsy is a dearth of amazing handmade goodness, often for fairly broke-ass friendly prices. From a fun guest book to a gorgeous gown to a wine-lover’s way to commemorate marriage milestones, this week’s Five for Friday is chock-full of great Etsy finds.
I know BABs are into having their brigade choose their own style of dress, because one style doesn’t always work for everyone. These gorgeous dresses can come in different lengths and a whole swath of colors, and have a pretty nice price tag to boot.
Your partner makes your heart go pitter-patter, so why not show that on your wedding day? This necklace would make a gorgeous day-of accessory.
Yes, this one is a little spendy, but it’s an idea I have yet to see for a wedding guest book. Considering it reminds me of Connect Four (remember that game?) and will make a gorgeous piece of wall art after the big day, I’d say it’s worth a bit of a splurge.
This dress caught my eye and I’m totally digging it. The lace detail is gorgeous, it looks soft and flowy, it has built-in bra cups and it’s under $500. That’s a lot of awesome for one dress.
Calling all oenophiles! This is such a great idea — even better if the wine comes from friends and family in the form of engagement / wedding presents. Then you have a special bottle from a special person to celebrate those special milestones during your marriage.
What do you think of these Etsy finds BABs?
Few patterns are more fun and bubbly in my eyes than polka dots. I recently received the absolute cutest dress from ModCloth (sadly now out of stock) and it’s totally revitalized my love for the spotted adorableness. For this Five for Friday, I found five of my favorite dotted delights to share with you!
Which of these bespeckled beauties is your favorite?
Guys, let me tell you: It’s super easy to find the national average of what couples spend on engagement rings (a single search yielded steady results ranging from $4,000-$6,000+) but wedding bands are a whole ‘nother ball game. After four search attempts and even asking a group of other wedding bloggers, the best I could come up with is a post from 2014 on NYTimes.com that cites couples spent an average of $1000 on her band and $500 on his (uh, discrepancy much?). Holy bananas, guys.
This immediately led to me thinking about the number of my friends and family who’ve lost their rings. And that number is a bit staggering. In fact, I have one friend-couple who both lost their wedding bands separately of one another but almost at the same time (his was hidden by their 3-year-old daughter, hers remains lost in the abyss). And this isn’t the first time for them, either. Google “lost wedding band” and the results are plentiful. Think about that.
While the wedding band itself is ceremonial and has changed in meaning in recent years — it used to signify the alliance between families, now it’s a physical reminder of the vows you’re making to one another — the desire to spend oodles of money on these tiny circles has also changed. Plus, y’all, we’re broke-asses. We want affordable options for ALL THE THINGS.
Logically, why should you spend a bajillion dollars on a wedding ring that is apparently so easy to lose? For my first wedding, we spent $50 total and had gorgeous rings that were extremely personalized. We wanted to stay under budget, and realized we could always get new rings later, if we decided it was something we wanted to invest the money in (given the circumstances, I’m SUPER glad we went the cheap route).
Walmart has a great variety of wedding bands in real metal with real diamonds for not real expensive. Sure, the spendiest one tops out around $12K, but there is a huge variety for under $250.
While Walmart may not be a place you would turn to for all of your wedding needs (though they certainly have some cute dresses that would looks adorbz on your brigade), it’s worth considering for your wedding rings. I know many a couple who face trepidation about wearing their rings during work because they’ve shelled out so much skrilla for them and fear damage or loss. While the sentimental heartache might be more difficult to overcome, there may be some solace found in purchasing your wedding bands at more reasonable prices.
1. Head over to BCBG to get 25% off all regular-priced items until 3/29 with code BECHIC25OFF.
2. Hey sports fans! Fanatics.com is having a spring sale, offering 15% to 50% off hundreds of items until 3/31.
3. Hunting for your wedding jewelry? Get 25% off at Helzberg Outlet with code OUTLET25.
4. First time customers can save $25 off orders of $75 from Rent the Runway until 4/24 with code 25OFFNEW.
7. Wearing shapewear under your gown? Hourglass Angel is taking $10 off lowback shapers with code LOW10 through 4/1.
8. Get a great deal on your beauty needs at Beauty Store Depot with 25% off orders $49+ until 3/30 with code BUZZ.
9. Head to Target for an extra 10% off home deals with code MADNESS until 3/28.
10. True & Co. is faced with the slightly enviable problem of having too much of a good thing: They’re overstocked with their pretty lingerie, so they’re knocking 40% off when you use code TOOMUCH40.
The weather in North Texas this week has been absolutely gorgeous, which is awesome because I feel like it’s making up for my less-than-awesome last couple of days in Mexico last week (more on that Monday). It’s been patio-drinking weather, even running on the side of hot more than once this week. I’m starting to see the telltale sundresses of summer emerge, and one color that keeps catching my eye right now is yellow, which doesn’t look all that great on me but is fun and bright regardless. Here are my five favorite yellow dresses right now:
I love me a good wrap dress, and I’ve sort of been obsessing over them lately. I love the super bright color of this one — classic shape, unexpected color. That’s a great match.
For all you little ladies out there (woot!) this dress is sooo pretty. Throw ‘er on with some sandals and sick shades and you just sashay yourself all over town, mmkay?
What’s your favorite spring shade, BABs? Do you love any of these dresses? Tell me in the comments below!
Full disclosure: I love me some St. Patrick’s Day. I know it’s like amateur hour with regard to boozing and such, and many a person takes it as an open invitation to act a fool, but with all this Irish blood coursing through my body I can’t help but puff my chest out a little every year on March 17. So in honor of the impending holiday, this Five for Friday features some gorgeous green dresses that may carry a little Luck of the Irish with ‘em!
Luck be a Lady Dress, $79.99 at ModCloth
I mean, the name says it all, right? I love this dress.
Alberto Makali Floral Lace Dress, $69.30 at Neiman Marcus Last Call
Having a wedding with green as one of your colors? I found your bridesmaid dress!
This dress is just so classy.
This dress looks like the absolute comfiest. Toss it on with some cute sandals or edgy ankle boots and hit the town!
Which of these pretty frocks is your favorite?
Get yo bling on! Take 20% off all orders + free shipping at DiamondStuds4Less with code DS4LLOVE
Get your curves all dolled up with 20% off orders of $100+ at Kiyonna with code PRES2015 until 2/18.
Get your wedding stationery at up to 20% off sitewide at Wedding Paper Divas using code VDAY20 until 2/17.
Pick up a new craft at up to 50% off during Craftsy’s Valentine Sale through 2/16.
Hair need a boost before spring truly is sprung? Madison Reed is offering 50% off your first box of permanent color until 2/15 with code LOVEHAIR.
Get over to Gloss Jewelry where you can score 65% off + free shipping with code LOVE65.
Wedding season is right around the corner! ModCloth is taking 25% off party dresses until 2/21.
I’m loving this dress!
Ready to book your honeymoon? Save up to 65% with Funjet when you book an all-inclusive Caribbean vacation package by 2/19.
Get your paper lanterns while they’re hot! Luna Bazaar is taking 10% off paper lanterns until 2/28 with code LANTERNSFEB.
Hey y’all! I know we took a little break from the Ten for the Weekend sales and deals roundups (January kicked my ass, you guys) but we’re back and bringing you all of those discounts and sales y’all love!
The countdown until pitchers and catchers report is on. Get your MLB gear at up to 40% off at Fanatics.com.
Mama needs a new Red Sox shirt.
Hang those engagement pics front ‘n’ center! Get 35% off + free shipping at Canvas on Demand with code Valentine35aff through 3/8.
Make sure your RSVPs get back to you. Get 15% off address labels, gift tags and thank-you cards from Wedding Paper Divas when you purchase party invitations through 2/10.
Show off your love! Get up to 50% off cards, photo books and calendars from Mixbook with code VDAY15 through 2/28.
Whatever your stationery needs, get 25% off sitewide at Tiny Prints with code SENDLOVE25 until 2/10.
A sexy foundation = a confident you.
Get your nails all prettified. Join Julep Maven and get a Bridal Welcome Box and a $20 Julep gift code.
Want wine as low as $4.99? Wine of the Month Club is having a huge wine blowout sale while supplies last.
Get cute in the kitchen! Flirty Aprons is having a flash sale for Valentine’s Day, offering 50% off + free domestic shipping with code LOVE50 through 2/14.