Posts in the 'Shopping' Category
Happy Friday, everyone! I’ll be traveling to Charlotte, N.C., in the morning for a meeting with some of our partners and to see a friend, and Dana and Paul are officially on the second leg of their epic honeymoon tour, chilling in a great hotel in Seoul. But I’d never take off without leaving you with some great deals and discounts to help you kick your weekend off right. From Anthro to Tradesy and a super awesome deal on wedding dresses for those of you in the Southern California area, this Ten for the Weekend has got the goods to make your wallet happy.
1. I know I know, Halloween isn’t even here yet. But that doesn’t mean you can’t stock up on Thanksgiving cookware. Sur la Table is having a sale on various essentials — from roasting pans to immersion blenders to spiral slicers.
2. Man, there are few things better than a good dress sale, but one of those few things is a discount on already well-priced items. Boohoo.com is knocking 15% off their dresses until 10/19.
3. You know what costs a lot? Wedding stationery. You know who’s taking $40 off orders of $99+ for new customers? Wedding Paper Divas, that’s who (when you enter WPD40 at checkout until 10/28).
I’m loving these “Enchanting Forever” invites.
4. Discounts on discounts are a great thing, y’all. BCBG is taking an extra 30% off final sale items. Now that doesn’t suck.
5. Designer shoes and accessories and getting to feel like one of the cool kids? That’s how Cole Haan rolls with their 30% off Friends and Family deal until 10/21.
6. Need to stock up on basics? Anthropologie is having a 30% sale off select sweaters, tees and pants for a limited time.
7. Guys, have you checked out Dessy’s sale section? They just added three different styles of twist wrap dresses, as well as a whole gang of accessories. Go on, get on it!
8. Call all beer lovers! Craft Beer Club is skimming $10 bucks off when you gift a membership of 3 months or more this holiday season (until 12/31) when you use code iSave5.
9. Do you guys know Tradesy? You should. It’s like, the greatest consignment store / thrift shop, ever. Like, serious designer duds, but previously worn / used (gently), and therefor cheaper than normal. And right now Tradesy is having an accessory sale. So you know, do it.
10. SoCal Brides, this one’s just for you! Unique Vintage’s real, actual brick-and-mortar store in Burbank is having a real life sample sale this Sunday. Check out our Pinterest board for a sampling of the gowns on sale!
Happy shopping, darlings!
Are we sick of that play on words? Maybe? I don’t know. Puns. I dig ‘em. Anyway, since we’ve had oodles of convo surrounding Halloween weddings this week (I mean, you saw the HP Lovecraft-inspired shoot, right?), it seemed appropriate to find some great dresses for this haunted holiday, whether you’re hitting the parties or are planning your own eerie I Do’s — and all of them are frightfully budget-friendly at under $100!
Unique Vintage’s site has this styled in Dia de los Muertos style, with fabulous sugar skull makeup. I die.
Black Long Sleeve Bats Print Dress, $17.59 at SheInsideWhat a Spangled Web We Weave, $94.99 at ModCloth
(Guys. The sparklez!)
How do you like these boo-tiful (sorry) dresses? How will you be dressing up for Halloween?
Happy Friday, darlings! I’m pretty stoked about this week’s Five for Friday, because the lovely, lovely peeps over at Unique Vintage and I schemed up something super special for you. In honor of this girl’s 30th birthday (which, you guys, I’ve been waiting FOREVER for this), Unique Vintage is knocking a cool 30% off select styles this weekend just for you, BABs, which knocks most of these dazzling darlings under $100. Here are my five favorite styles from the selection, and stay tuned for the special discount code at the end!
I love them so! But the last black and white one is my favorite, easily. How about you, BABs? Get yourself over to Unique Vintage to check out the rest of the styles and use code BAB30 at checkout to get 30% off. Happy my birthday to you, darlings!
Well hey there, October! It’s a big ol’ month here at BAB! Dana is GETTING FREAKING MARRIED on Sunday, I’m turning 30 next week and there are tons of awesome new projects in the works behind the scenes. Oh, and of course, there are sales and deals like you would believe going on! This Ten for the Weekend is brimming with some sweet sales, but the business cards below are my all-time favesies. Happy shopping, darlings!
1. LOFT is anteing up with a sweet 40% off your entire purchase including select Lou & Grey until midnight tomorrow (10/4).
2. Pump up your wardrobe without spending a ton. Boohoo is knocking 25% off autumn wardrobe essentials when you use code FALL4U until 10/5.
I think I’d live in this cardigan during the winter.
3. Go snag one of Flirty Aprons’ adorable smocks for 25% off + free shipping when you use code BOO25. 4. 15% Off Business Cards
4 Do you have business cards? I think everyone should have one, because you never know when you’ll have that perfect creative click with someone and you want them to be able to get a hold of you, and vice versa. Score some rad ones at Zazzle for 15% off with code PROFESSIONAL.
These will be my next ones. Mark my words. #sparklez
5. Support the boobies, in more ways than one! Hourglass Angel is knocking 10% off all orders of $50 or more through 10/7 with code BCA10 in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
6. Give your hair a whole new look, and take $10 off your first purchase of Madison Reed at-home hair color kits.
7. Throwing a monster bash for Halloween? Head over to Luna Bazaar and take 8% off Halloween decor with code HALLOWEEN8 at checkout.
8. Stock up on baubles! Gloss Jewelry is knocking a whopping 80% off everything in stock with code FALL80.
9. Know what I love? New sheets. Because OOMMMGGGGGG. BeddingStyle.com is skimming a cool 20% off designer bedding and bath when you use code FALL20 until 10/7.
10. I always try to save the best for last: Get thee over to ShopBop and take full advantage of one of their rare sales — save up to 70% on top brands!
Whew! Another week done and dusted. Did you all get shit done this week? I know I sure as hell did, and I can’t wait to kick back and do a whole helluva lot of nothing. Well, and do a little retail therapy, of course. So, in that vein, here you go with this week’s killer deals, discounts and sales to get your guilt-free shopping on!
1. You know what would save you a buttload of time on those return envelopes? Custom stamps. And Paper Source is knocking 25% off all custom stamps until 9/29!
2. Ain’t no sale like an Anthro sale! Head on over to the fashion powerhouse and take an extra 25% off sale styles using SALEONSALE.
3. Time for a new pair of kicks? 6pm.com has Keds, U.S. Polo Assn., XOXO and more for up to 65% off until 9/27.
4. TODAY only, head over to Cents of Style where all things jewelry are $5.95 + free shipping when you use code SEPTEMBER.
5. Speaking of getting busy in the kitchen, head on over to SurLaTable.com and save 20% on KitchenAid bakeware until 9/30.
6. Guys, let’s talk a pet peeve of mine real fast: Rugs. They’re expensive as hell, and get trampled all over. Which is why when a deal like this makes me super giddy: Get up to 60% off clearance area rugs at Home Depot.
7. Oh look! More shoes for sale! Head over to Nine West and get up to 30% off sale items!
8. I don’t know about y’all, but I’m ready for a vacation. Expedia can help save you up to 55% in Los Cabos plus a 20% spa discount at select resorts until 10/31.
9. SheInside is getting spooky with a huge BOGO + up to 30% off with their Annual Shopping Carnival when you enter code PREH30 through 11/2.
10. If you have any stationery needs WHATSOEVER, get your booty over to Shutterfly and save 40% off … well … anything with code GOOD4U until 9/28.
So, you might be wondering about that flower girl dress story … Without being specific, naturally, as to not shame the maker who (wondrously) has amazing Etsy reviews.
You may have gathered regarding my pregnant sister’s overseas bridesmaids dress she ordered without telling me, that I prefer things to be from the states so they can be returned easily without having to possibly pay $90 for shipping, restocking fees, aggravation tax … what have you.. During my flower girl dress search, it seemed that nearly everything led back to a store outside of the US. You can usually tell these sites from others and proceed with the proper amount of shade because the children are overly made-up and there is typically “princess” somewhere in the shop name. But I digress …
So I turned to my faithful friend, Etsy. Where the options range from simple tutus to $500 massive mountains of tulle that would put even Honey Boo-Boo to shame. And I just couldn’t do that to my precious little angels (<– also, coincidentally, the name of one of those flower girl dress shops). I browsed online at every department store I could think of. Peeked at Target every now and then (which, funny enough, they NOW have ivory lace dresses . Because, of course.). And then after weeks of hemming and hawing over tulle versus lace versus vintage or rustic, I found the perfect dress for my girls. A simple jersey halter dress with a light layered tulle bottom. Not too fluffy. Affordable. And not too rustic (humans please stop putting burlap on children). And so they were ordered.
And then they arrived. About 3 shades darker than your typical ivory. Yes still somehow see-through. And about 3 sizes too big. And cut so low that my little darlings are nearly indecent. They were just not as pictured and simply not well made.
But trying to make most of the situation, I figured we could make do. Besides the fact that my littles are so perfect who even cares about the dress! But I mean it at least has to fit properly and NOT be see-through. So we thought if we took in the elastic in it would be fine. And buy a slip. But really, the entire dress needed to visit a seamstress. And so it did (along with that sister of mine who is growing a child inside of her and also needed alterations). Luckily, they found a local seamstress that would do the alterations for less than $20. Which makes the amazing $30 etsy find a total of $50.
The moral of the story? You get what you pay for and there are NO guarantees with Etsy. But darn it if those girls aren’t going to look like perfect dolls (<– also probably a flower girl dress shop name). Always do your research, but be prepared that anything can — and likely will! — happen.
All right, it’s Friday afternoon! Time for a little maxin’, relaxin’ and weekend shoppin’! This week, I’ve got a huge bridesmaid dress sale, sequin dresses, yoga gear and more! Happy shopping, darlings!
1. Snuggle in for the cooler months. Sleepyheads Mall is knocking 30% off all fleece robes with code ROBE30 until 9/28.
2. If you’re a big plan-ahead type of person, then go ahead and stock up on cards, calendars and photo books from MixBook at up to 40% off when you use code FALL14.
3. Hey yogis! Save 20% off all prAna clothing during YogaDirect.com’s clearance sale when you use code PRANA20 at checkout.
4. Get your personalized wedding party gifts from Zazzle and knock 10% off your order with YOURFALLDEAL.
5. Whether you’re in need of bridesmaid dresses or rockin’ party frocks, get thee to Dessy where you can get 15% off and FREE shipping on entire site until 10/1 with code DG915.
6. Winter brides and grooms! Head on over to Wedding Paper Divas and save 30% on your Save the Date order with code WPD30DATESEP.
8. Fall always puts me in nesting mode, with a constant yearn for new furniture an decor. Design Within Reach is having a once-a-year Knoll sale of 15% off + FREE shipping until 9/30.
9. Want to get those Instagram snaps of your delish lunch just right? Take a food photography class … or any of a wide range of other course during Craftsy’s fall sale, where you can get the how-to for up to 50% off through 9/22.
Ahhh, Friday afternoons. I’ve looked forward to seeing what’s on sale at the end of the week, a) so I can share ‘em with you and b) so I can drop some major hints for my upcoming birthday. And guys, this weekend? It’s some srsly great shit. From shoes to stationery to awesome grilling tools to one of our absolute faves, this Ten for the Weekend pretty much has it all. Get to it!
1. There are few things I love more than retiring a pair of beat-up Chucks only to replace ‘em with a shiny new pair that’re ripe for the scuffing. 6pm.com is kicking up to 60% off Converse until 9/14.
I think this pair would be adorbz with that elephant dress I got.
2. The cooler weather has arrived (at least momentarily … ) and that’s prime soup and stew season! Right in the nick of time, Sur la Table is having a sale on its 7 qt. red round oven — $64.96 (normally $115) until 9/15. Get yo cook on!
3. PaperSource, the definitive, well … source of pretty paper is knocking 20% off personalized stationery. Take 20% Off Personalized Stationary For a Limited Time at PaperSource.com!
4. If you’re in the market for anything customized / personalized and just straight you, then you should probz head over to Zazzle where you’ll get 15% off all orders when you use code BOUNDLESSFUN.
5. It’s football season, which is pretty much synonymous with burgers and steaks and wings. And there’s a tool for that! Quirky is knocking 25% off its Tailgating collection through 9/16.
I love multitools, and this one’s for grilling. It’s like, all of the winning!
6. Yo, braves ones! Thinking of doing your own wedding cake? Craftsy can help, and the icing on the cake (haaaaa!) is the 50% off sale on Food and Decorating classes they’re having until 9/14.
7. The change in seasons can wreak havoc on your skin. Do damage control and go ahead and knock 15% off plus score free shipping on orders of $50 or more at PaulasChoice.com until 10/7.
8. Need some new wardrobe essentials? Head over to boohoo where you can get 20% off with code GET20 until 9/14.
9. Lucky you, fall brides! Those last-minute wedding goods — think clutches, flip-flops, even a couple ties! — are on sale over at Dessy where they’re having a killer blowout sale with stuff as low as $5.
10. And finally, the piece de resistance: Kate Spade 20 % off fall styles with code FALLWD14.
This bag needs to be in my life like, yesterday.
Happy shopping, darlings!
It’s Ten for the Weekend time, which means it’s officially time to grab that cocktail and congratulate yourself for making it through the longest short week in history (or at least it was for this girl). If you didn’t spend all your skrilla during last weekend’s monstrous deal roundup, then be prepared to shop these amazing deals.
1. For those of you who didn’t win the Flirty Aprons giveaway, now’s your chance to get your mitts on one of three styles at 50% off when you use code FAREWELL50 until 9/10.
2. Could your ‘do use a little re-doing? Madison Reed is knocking 50% off your first purchase when you use FALLHAIRCOLOR at checkout.
3. Calling all fall brides! Take advantage of new color collections and end-of-season sales, starting with 5% off site wide at Luna Bazaar using code LUNASAVE5.
These gorgeous pastel banners would be gorge with the neutral tones of fall.
4. Stock up on sandals for next season at Heels.com, where yo can knock 25% off your purchase + free shipping with code HAUTE25 until 9/7.
5. Need some adorbz new loungewear? Head over to Aerie and shop the clearance section at up to 60% off, with undies starting at $2.99.
I think I’d live in this robe … and how cute would it be to wear while you get your hair and makeup done?
6.You can now shop by your body type at Hourglass Angel, and in honor of this nifty new tool, they’re offering 15% off your purchase with code SHAPE15.
7. Fall is a great time to whip out that cute apron (see above!) and get to baking. And now you can stock up on fancy schmancy metal bakewear from Le Creuset at 30% off!
8. BRIDES. Are you doing a unity candle ceremony? Then stop what you’re doing and get this personalized unity candle set from A Gift Personalized at 40% off!
Guys, you can change the colors AND the text.
9. Of course they’d get in on the fun: ModCloth is offering 15% off party styles with their Dress Up & Get Down Sale!
10. We love MagnetStreet here at BAB, and they love you! Get in on their extended Labor Day savings by scoring your MagnetStreet wedding stationery (Real Bride Peach got hers there!) at 25% off with WEDLBR25 until 9/8.