Posts in the 'Shopping' Category
Y’all, I love helping people out. That’s part of the reason why I love working at BAB. So when my girl Becca sent out a Facebook plea for help in finding shoes to go with this dress in Ocean Blue that she’s wearing as a bridesmaid for a wedding, I was all over it. Because: Duh. I could help her and I had a great mission for my Five for Friday! The Rules: Must be able to walk on both grass and pavement (though if needed, Solemates are the perfect accompaniment for heels in grass), under $40, open-toed and low-heeled. Challenge: Accepted!
Memoir Readings Flat – $29.99 from ModCloth
Anywhere You Rome Sandal in Black – $14.99 from ModCloth
French Connection “Neola” Pump, On sale - $42.97 (original price: $109.95) at Nordstrom
Now these are veeery slightly out of budget, but considering the non-sale price, a great get. A classic shape and style, but with a slight twist and one that translates well for most outfits/occasions, so the ROI is awesome.
I just love these, and I can’t keep it to myself:
A Day in Your Shoes Flat in Noir – $34.99 from ModCloth
Girl, I hope I helped. Regardless I wanna know what you picked, mmmkay?
Which would you choose, BABs?
Hey, BABs! So sorry this is late, but there were a couple deals I wanted to hold off for, because they were too good to miss! I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me and hopefully your wallet will thank me! This Ten for the Weekend round up has so much goodness, from a Groupon getaway to a Craftsy flash sale to the always amazing Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. Shop ’til your heart’s content, darling!
1. Disco balls and weddings: I’ve said it before, but it’s a thing. And now you can get $10 off orders over $30 from Spencer’s Gifts using code DOLLAROFF until 7/20!
2. Still trying to find the perfect shapewear to give the girls a lift? Until July 20 take $10 off at Hourglass Angel with code HG10.
3. Guys. It’s time for the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. Need I say more?
4. On the hunt for wedding goodies? The Knot Shop is knocking 25% off all orders until 7/20 when you use code ENJOY25.
5. Hipsters and lovers of kitschy apartment goods, rejoice! Urban Outfitters is having a huge summer sale with markdowns on items in every department and free shipping on orders over $50. Sale ends 7/20.
6. Darling, let’s run away together. But hurry! Ending at midnight tonight, Groupon is offering an extra 10% off one Summer Getaways Deal when you use code SUMMER10 at checkout. GET IT!
Doesn’t this just look divine?
8. Black Friday in July? We’ll take it! Target is offering 20% off furniture and decor. Sale ends today!
9. KAPOW! It’s time to get your craft on! Craftsy’s having a 50% off flash sale. Ends tomorrow!
10. Last but certainly not least, it’s time to get your toes wet with ModCloth’s swim sale! Save 30% off their bestselling swimwear!
And here we are again! On the precipice of a weekend, one that for myself, I hope includes swimming and mimosas. At the same time would be pretty awesome, but I’ll take ‘em however I get ‘em! For you, darling Broke-Asses, I hope it’s filled with frugal shopping with these great deals, wedding goodness and time with your best homies! Oh! And if you’re getting married this weekend, don’t forget to tag a pic or two with #BABRealWedding so we can share on Instagram!
1. WildHeart Paper, who hosted a giveaway on the blog last week, is offering 10% off orders of 50 or more invitations + RSVP cards when you like her Facebook page and message her through her Etsy shop. Just mention you saw it on BAB!
2. Make sure you and your ladies are covered and secure! Hourglass Angel is knocking 25% off your purchase when you order body enhancing shapewear for your whole bridal party (4 or more) through 7/1.
3. American Bridal’s summer flash sale is a perfect time to stock up on those little wedding extras! Save up to 85% on items from tote bags to fans to parasols.
4. If you’re DIYing the food for your wedding day, then pay attention: Mission Restaurant Supply is gonna save $10 off orders of $75+ with promo code 10OFF75 until 09/30.
5. Need to add a dose of hipster to your wardrobe or just need some cute ‘n’ kitschy things for yoru abode? Enjoy up to 70% off at UrbanOutfitters.com during the Summer’s Last Sale! Plus, free shipping on all orders over $50!
Guys, I need this Rachel Caldwell “Unicore” print. NEED, I say.
7. If you’re like our Real Bride Tiffany and still wavering on jewels, now’s a good time to stock up so you can try to make up your mind! Get 50%-80% Off hundreds of styles at the Summer Sale at BaubleBar, and get yourself all set with bling!
8. One of my favorite dresses ever is from Shabby Apple, and I wish I could stock my whole damn wardrobe with their cute garb. For those that feel the same way, you can now save $10 and receive free expedited shipping on orders of $160 or more! Use code HJQ143 now. Hurry, ends 7/4/14.
I mean, how cute is this dress for a rehearsal dinner?
9. Oh, Frye, why you gotta be so pricey? I’ve literally worn my Frye boots to death, but refuse to give up on them. So it’s a super score that 6pm.com is skimming up to 60% off Frye products!
Happy shopping, Broke-Asses!
Oh hai der, BAB’s! You ladies have been keeping me busy with such lovely requests, and this week is no exception. The friend of a BAB hit us up on Twitter to see if we could help her friend get over a heavenly Monique Lhuillier dress from her Fall/Winter 2014 collection. The vine and lattice motif details are truly unique and give the dress a very romantic feel. I am not even surprised this dress is $7,000! But once again, we are talking about a dress that could pay for an entire wedding and that’s just not gonna fly. Here’s what she is looking for:
“Illusion neckline, kind of drape-y, short sleeves, floor length with no train, lots of lace.”
So, without further ado, let’s do this.
A-Line Dress With Illusion Neckline & Waist Sash $120 at ModCloth
A-Line Tulle Dress With Lace Beading (Style: 002004543) $233 at JJsHouse.com
Trumpet Mermaid Gown With Short Sleeves & High, Illusion Neckline (Style: 10469083) $280 at TBDress.com
Lace & Chiffon Gown With Short Sleeve Illusion Neckline & V-Back (Style: GA2223) $481 at BestBridalPrices.com
Cap Sleeve Chiffon Sheath Gown With Lace Detail (Style: WG3686) $724 at David’s Bridal
Wedding Dress With Lace Overlay, Sweetheart Neckline & V-Back $779 at Etsy
I hope I was able to help your friend find something a little more BAB friendly. Sometimes it’s hard to find all of the elements you want in one dress so let me know what you think. Please write in with any other requests as we’re always happy to help! Until next week, BABs …
Got a gown that you just can’t get off your mind? We’re happy to help you get over it! Just tell us in the comments below!
*As always, please do your own research before buying a gown online. Team Broke-Ass is here to provide you with inspiration and resources, but it is up to the consumer to know what they’re purchasing.
And to wrap up this amazing week at BAB, we’ve got a fully-stocked Ten for the Weekend for ya! It seemed like every other email I got this week was another awesome fashion retailer brandishing a broke-ass worthy discount or sale … not that this girl is complaining. And then there was that one email that wooed me with a sale on major appliances — because nearlyweds need dishwashers, too! So bust out those debit cards, pour yourself a cold one and get to shopping on these fantabulous deals!
1. Of course, Modcloth is going to kick off this party! Go check out their sale section, which you can now knock another 30% off of … and let’s face it, wouldn’t this dress be baller for your reception or rehearsal dinner? I thought so too.
2. Few things make Team Broke-Ass happier than a normally just out of reach retailer having a baller sale. And Anthropologie is doing just that with their summer tag sale — up to 50% off!
4. C. Wonder is having a huge sale, or as they call it the Big Wonder Sale, on everything from womenswear to home goods. Score up to 75% off adorable goods until July 13.
5. WildHeart Paper, who is hosting a giveaway on the blog this week, is offering up 10% off for Broke-Ass Bride readers on invitation + RSVP card orders of 50 or more. Just head on over to WildHeart Paper’s Facebook page, give it a like, then head to her Etsy shop and message her when you’re ready to place your order. Be sure to mention you saw it on The Broke- Ass Bride!
6. Scrambling to get your wedding decorations? Your procrastination paid off! Save 5% site wide at Luna Bazaar: Enter code LUNASAVE5 at checkout, OR save 15% on orders $99+ ! Enter code 15PERCENT99 at checkout. Chinese lanterns, anyone?
7. Have a major appliance malfunction? Well, it happened at the right time. Home Depot’s Red White and Blue sale skims 25% off your purchase of major appliances!
8. If you’re after personalized anything for your wedding, head on over to Zazzle where you can get a 21% discount on all your orders. Use SUNNYLONGDAY at checkout!
9. You know what sucks? Shaving. Know what sucks more? The stupid price of razors. But, 800razors.com is throwing you lucky broke-asses a $5 coupon when you buy 12 men’s or women’s 5-blade razors. Use SHAVEIT at checkout.Now that’s smooth …
10. If your Champagne taste has been hard to ignore, get thee over to Bluefly stat and take an extra 50% off clearance dresses!
Happpppppyyyyyyy Friday, BABs! With Father’s Day on Sunday and lots of other summer activities ramping up, now’s a good time to save on those warm-weather projects and essentials. This week’s link roundup is chock-full of deals for the home, closet and even wine! Get on it!
Does your guy have a penchant for fashion and taste beyond a broke-ass budget? Good thing East Dane is offering up to 70% off select items!
Y’all, I love me some Coach (and I’m not talking Craig T. Nelson in his life before Zeke Braverman). And right now 6pm.com is having a great deal — up to 50% off — on Coach. Get some!
How cute are these loafers??
Having trouble sussing out your ‘do for your “I do”s? Sign up for three months of a Virtual Hairstyler Membership at TheHairStyler.com and get an additional month FREE. Use 1MONTHFREE at checkout. Good until 7/31.
Oh, Anthro. You slay me. But your sales? How I loooove them. This weekend, get 20% off full-price styles with Anthropologie’s House & Home event!
You guys KNOW I’d throw down for this pillow … or a few of ‘em.
Planning on DIYing the shit out of your wedding? Have some big home projects you’re working on? Get thee over to Home Depot and knock $20 off $100 purchase of top tool brands.
Speaking of DIY, on the more dainty crafty side, Michaels stores is having a 25% off sale on any regular price purchase with code 25DADS. Ends 6/14.
For all you out there who like to get there sweat on but in a fashionable way, I got you: Bluefly has men’s and women’s sportswear at 10%-50% off. Race ya!
Ooohhh … you guys! Ann Taylor has a 40% off sale going on, which means you can get that adorable dress you’ve been eyeing and not suffer too much buyer’s remorse!
It’s wine time and I’m feelin’ fine! If you haven’t jumped on the California Wine Club wagon yet, you should. And now’s a good time to do it, since you can get 50% off your first three months. YOU GUYS, get the wine delivered to your door (with free shipping)! Use code SHARE50FOR3 at checkout.
It’s summer time, and the livin’s easy … especially when Piperlime is knocking 25% off summer essentials when you use code MUSTHAVE at checkout! Ends 6/15.
Y’all, let’s talk bras, shapewear and all those other underpinnings that are a total asspain but are soooo wildly necessary if you’ve got anything more than a Kate Moss physique.
I bought a corset-y strapless bra for my first wedding, begrudgingly. It was expensive, but once the chick at the lingerie shop had me fastened in, I knew it was a good buy. I thought I’d pretty much only wear it on my wedding day, but new it *might* come in handy on other occasions and, truth be told, I’ve worn it a ton. It’s perfect under those slightly sheer dresses, or ones that have lower backs, and it holds the girls up while also whittling my waist (helloooo, Dolly!).
But here’s the thing: Buying these types of items, the ones that are necessary but don’t seem necessary, can be tough because you don’t really want to plunk down the cash for them. But trust a sister when I say this — sometimes there’s a little extra squish that you just want to cinch into place, or you have unruly boobs that tend to go all double-bubble, and shapewear is a freaking godsend for these situations.
Lucky you! One BAB will have the awesome opportunity to win $75 toward Hourglass Angel to get yourself in good shape for the big day with all the right underpinnings. Whether you’re looking for a little waist-whittling, boob-boosting or butt-lifting, you’ll be able to find the right piece to go under your wedding gown.
Hourglass Angel has a gargantuan selection of products, ranging from XS to 5XL, so ladies of all shapes and sizes will find something to fit their needs. And whether you’re looking for a corset, shapewear or something sexy to slip in to, Hourglass Angel has it all, and including a whole mess of things for under $50. Oh, and they’ve got free shipping over $75 … who doesn’t love free shipping?
As usual, each task snags you one entry. Open to US residents only.
And just in case you don’t win (sorry, darling) you can still get your mitts on a pretty rockin’ deal: You can still get curves in all the right spots for you and your gals! When you order 4 or more shapers from Hourglass Angel’s bridal section, you get to knock 25% off the order!
Guys guys guys! As we continue the hunt for our new Wedding Inspiration Guru (application period closes June 20!), Gee from KnotsVilla approached me about making a broke-ass style board featuring metallic sheen — and y’all know I can’t turn my back on some shiny stuff. So without further ado, here’s Gee!
Hi Broke-Ass Brides and guests!
It’s a pleasure to be showing one of my style boards to you today, which obviously, is a broke-ass style board! As I began working on this board, “affordability” was on the top of the list; my goal was to send you off to a wedding event looking fabulous without breaking the bank.This metallic and black semi-formal look was what I came up with, and I’m totally loving it.
I can see a bride rocking this look to her rehearsal dinner, or a guest (who is bold enough to wear metallic) to a wedding. Either way, this look is sure to turn heads and make people gasp when they hear it’s all under $150.00!
This board is one of those where I really can’t pick a favorite item because in my mind, it all should be worn together. However I have to say, nothing says “less is more” like a plain metallic dress accessorized just right. Hey Brides and Guests, enjoy this stylish Broke-Ass Wedding Look.
Get this look here: Kenneth Cole New York Virida Dress for $61.99 | Topshop Assorted Glitter bangle Pack for (approx) $14.23 | Pink Stone Stud Earrings for (approx) $10.88 | Black Twist Lock Spike Clutch for $12.95 | Michael Anotonio Lovina Colorblock Sandals for $39.95
Total cost (approx) = $140.00
Still keeping the metallic look in mind, here are some other stylish broke-ass metallic dresses you may like – all under $100.00;
Get these Dresses here: BB Dakota Barker Metallic Brocade Dress for $62.99 | Christian Siriano Can’t Be Tamed Dress for $40 (Rent) | London Times Women’s Cap Sleeve Tulip Skirt Sheath Dress for $40.00
Thanks again to Dana and Christen for having me talk with Broke-Ass Brides and Guests about Metallic Wedding fashion, hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did.
About the author: My name is Gee, blogger based in Canada and editor of the Wedding blog, KnotsVilla. My passion for weddings came after I planned my own and since blogging had always been of interest to me, a wedding blog seemed like the right direction. KnotsVilla is all about helping, inspiring and educating brides about their wedding planning. In my free time I love to tweet and instagram wedding pretties.
What do you think, BABs? Would you rock these looks? Which piece is your favorite?
Rebecca Black maybe wasn’t the best singer, but she did have a great subject: FRIDAY! I don’t know about you, but I plan on kickin’ it by the pool with friends, and I might even get myself a couple new outfits. Speaking of shopping, this week’s deals are pretty fun: Quirky and Poppin both have great discounts going on, and Blue Nile is gonna hook you up with your wedding bands. DO IT, y’all!
1. Whether you’ve had crafting a meal or crafting a knitted blanket on your mind, now’s the time to take a class. Craftsy is having a big summer sale, with up to 50% off classes. Asian dumplings from scratch or street tacos, anyone?
2. Still haven’t found the right bra for your wedding gown? Make sure your girls are all set, too and knock 25% off shapewear for the whole bridal party (4 or more pieces from the bridal section) this month at Hourglass Angel.
3. Quirky, awesome online purveyor of smart and fun tools, is doling out a 20% discount off their products. Enter code SAVE20 at checkout.
I’ve had my eye on this rockin’ cutting board for a while. OMG, storage and neatness and organization!
4. Still gotta get your pops a Dad’s Day present? CuffLinks.com has tons of nifty items under $50, and you can get 10% off (TENPERCENTAFF) or free engraving (PERFECTGIFTAFF) until 6/30.
5. Flaunt your married self and save yourself writer’s cramp by getting a custom stamp plate … or two! Right now at Paper Source, when you order a stamp machine with a custom plate, get a second plate design for free! Ends 6/9.
6. Awww yeah, honeymoon! Sandals Beaches and Resorts is having its summer kick-off sale, which could save you a whopping 65%, including air credit, free nights and more. GET ON THAT.
7. Still in need of a cute, but inexpensive frock for all your summer to-dos? TBDress.com has your back, helping you save up to 75% off all women’s dresses through 6/9.
8. Putting off getting your dude’s tie for your wedding? Well, lucky you. Now you can get 12% off any size order at Ties.com. Use SPRING12 through 6/30.
9. Ooohhh! Office stuffs! I love bringing bright, fun color into my workspace. You with me? Save 20%-60% off select products at Poppin.com until 6/30.
10. YOU GUYS. If you haven’t picked up your wedding bands yet, then do it now! Blue Nile is offering 10% off wedding bands with code 10BANDS at checkout. GET THIS.