Posts in the 'Shopping' Category
Ahhh, Friday afternoons. I’ve looked forward to seeing what’s on sale at the end of the week, a) so I can share ‘em with you and b) so I can drop some major hints for my upcoming birthday. And guys, this weekend? It’s some srsly great shit. From shoes to stationery to awesome grilling tools to one of our absolute faves, this Ten for the Weekend pretty much has it all. Get to it!
1. There are few things I love more than retiring a pair of beat-up Chucks only to replace ‘em with a shiny new pair that’re ripe for the scuffing. 6pm.com is kicking up to 60% off Converse until 9/14.
I think this pair would be adorbz with that elephant dress I got.
2. The cooler weather has arrived (at least momentarily … ) and that’s prime soup and stew season! Right in the nick of time, Sur la Table is having a sale on its 7 qt. red round oven — $64.96 (normally $115) until 9/15. Get yo cook on!
3. PaperSource, the definitive, well … source of pretty paper is knocking 20% off personalized stationery. Take 20% Off Personalized Stationary For a Limited Time at PaperSource.com!
4. If you’re in the market for anything customized / personalized and just straight you, then you should probz head over to Zazzle where you’ll get 15% off all orders when you use code BOUNDLESSFUN.
5. It’s football season, which is pretty much synonymous with burgers and steaks and wings. And there’s a tool for that! Quirky is knocking 25% off its Tailgating collection through 9/16.
I love multitools, and this one’s for grilling. It’s like, all of the winning!
6. Yo, braves ones! Thinking of doing your own wedding cake? Craftsy can help, and the icing on the cake (haaaaa!) is the 50% off sale on Food and Decorating classes they’re having until 9/14.
7. The change in seasons can wreak havoc on your skin. Do damage control and go ahead and knock 15% off plus score free shipping on orders of $50 or more at PaulasChoice.com until 10/7.
8. Need some new wardrobe essentials? Head over to boohoo where you can get 20% off with code GET20 until 9/14.
9. Lucky you, fall brides! Those last-minute wedding goods — think clutches, flip-flops, even a couple ties! — are on sale over at Dessy where they’re having a killer blowout sale with stuff as low as $5.
10. And finally, the piece de resistance: Kate Spade 20 % off fall styles with code FALLWD14.
This bag needs to be in my life like, yesterday.
Happy shopping, darlings!
It’s Ten for the Weekend time, which means it’s officially time to grab that cocktail and congratulate yourself for making it through the longest short week in history (or at least it was for this girl). If you didn’t spend all your skrilla during last weekend’s monstrous deal roundup, then be prepared to shop these amazing deals.
1. For those of you who didn’t win the Flirty Aprons giveaway, now’s your chance to get your mitts on one of three styles at 50% off when you use code FAREWELL50 until 9/10.
2. Could your ‘do use a little re-doing? Madison Reed is knocking 50% off your first purchase when you use FALLHAIRCOLOR at checkout.
3. Calling all fall brides! Take advantage of new color collections and end-of-season sales, starting with 5% off site wide at Luna Bazaar using code LUNASAVE5.
These gorgeous pastel banners would be gorge with the neutral tones of fall.
4. Stock up on sandals for next season at Heels.com, where yo can knock 25% off your purchase + free shipping with code HAUTE25 until 9/7.
5. Need some adorbz new loungewear? Head over to Aerie and shop the clearance section at up to 60% off, with undies starting at $2.99.
I think I’d live in this robe … and how cute would it be to wear while you get your hair and makeup done?
6.You can now shop by your body type at Hourglass Angel, and in honor of this nifty new tool, they’re offering 15% off your purchase with code SHAPE15.
7. Fall is a great time to whip out that cute apron (see above!) and get to baking. And now you can stock up on fancy schmancy metal bakewear from Le Creuset at 30% off!
8. BRIDES. Are you doing a unity candle ceremony? Then stop what you’re doing and get this personalized unity candle set from A Gift Personalized at 40% off!
Guys, you can change the colors AND the text.
9. Of course they’d get in on the fun: ModCloth is offering 15% off party styles with their Dress Up & Get Down Sale!
10. We love MagnetStreet here at BAB, and they love you! Get in on their extended Labor Day savings by scoring your MagnetStreet wedding stationery (Real Bride Peach got hers there!) at 25% off with WEDLBR25 until 9/8.
I’m totally a warm-weather addict, but even I’ll be OK with the end of 100-degree days and a return to the normalcy that lives around 75 degrees. As long as I can still sport flip-flops and can avoid big jackets, I’ll be stoked. I do love fall for a few reasons: the air’s crisper — and maybe it’s because I’m a big advocate of learning — it feels more studious ; colors change, and everything becomes more gold-tinged; and well, my birthday is in October … so there’s that. I always liked being able to revamp my wardrobe every fall, and it’s a habit that I still partake in, though now it’s more window-shopping than actual buying. So with this weekend marking the unofficial end of summer, here are my five favorite finds, all under $100, to breathe a little life into your wardrobe this fall.
(it’s a popular item and low on stock, so check out the Dotty Dot Polka Dot Sweater)
Guys, I swear by these jeans. All 5-foot-2 of me adores the short lengths, and they always fit true-to-size.
What do you love about fall, BABs?
Happy Friday, BABs! Whew, has it been a helluva week — I spent a v. rapid 48 hours networking my booty off in NYC (guys, we have some great partners joining the team and I’m super excited, because it means even more awesome discount possibilities) and collaborating with some peeps on future column ideas. But now it’s the weekend, so it’s time for me to sit back, relax and enjoy a little peace and quiet after all the catching up I’ve done. So, won’t you join me in a little retail therapy with these amazing discounts? PS: Make sure you scroll all the way through, because the last one is a doozy!
1. Need some adorable, preppy, possibly monogrammed goods? C. Wonder is having a 30% off sale until 9/1.
Because, how cute are these kitty shoes?
2, Speaking of monogrammed: A Gift Personalized’s 10% discount is still rockin’, so get all your bridal party goods while the gettin’s hot.
3. With fall coming up soon, is it time to revamp your ‘do? Give Madison Reed‘s at-home hair color a whirl (I did, and I loved it) and save 50% on your first purchase when you use code LAZYDAYS at checkout.
4. Whiskey and shoes … what could be better? How about a Happy Hour Flash Sale at Heels.com, where you can knock 25% off all shoes and score free shipping when you enter code WHISKEY at checkout — but hurry! It ends tonight (8/15)!
5. As you start nesting for winter, you might realize it’s time to spruce up your abode a bit. Swing over to Michael’s and get 40% off your entire regular price purchase of paint, brushes, pencils, markers and pastels art supplies when you use code ART401 until 8/23.
6. Girl, you go on and save that date … and go ahead and knock 30% off at Wedding Paper Divas when you order them using code 30DATEAUG through 8/19.
7. Kiyonna is celebrating their birthday this month, and they’re sharing the festivities with you by knocking 25% off all orders with code BDAYSTYLE.
8. Still debating on whether to jet off for a honeymoon? Let me help make that decision a little easier: Hilton Worldwide is having a summer sale, where you can save up to 33% on over 300 hotels across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
9. Time to re-up on those office supplies? Get thee over to Memoji and save 10% off any purchase this entire month with code GET10.
10. Of course I saved the best for last. GUYS: KATE SPADE IS HAVING A SURPRISE SALE WITH UP TO 75% OFF, BUT IT ENDS TONIGHT. GET IT.
I want … nay, I need this clutch, y’all.
Happy Shopping, BABs!
Hey BABs! I’m pretty excited about this week’s Can’t Afford It? Get Over It! Reader Shannon wrote in about “Evie” by House of Mooshki. Owned by Vicki McCarthy, House of Mooshki is a team of people in London who cater to the modern day bride but with a dash of vintage flair. I discovered them earlier this year and I’ve pretty much been OBSESSED ever since. Sadly, they don’t have any stockists in the US but a little birdie told me that will probably change in the future! “Evie” is an elegant, tea-length gown with tiers of tulle & hand-dyed guipure lace. This dress reminds me of the way women used to dress. All you need is some lace gloves and a veil and it’s perfection. I hope you like what I’ve found for you!
“Evie” by House Of Mooshki. $2,600
A-Line Silhouette With Layers Of Tulle & 3/4 Sleeves (Gilded Grace Dress) $140 at ModCloth
Tea Length Gown With Illusion Neckline (Style: 0117134) $280 at ForHerandForHim.com
Satin Tea Length Gown With V-Neck & Scalloped Lace (Style: 80464) $288 at SimplyBridal.com
Embroidered Lace Tea Length Dress With Jacket (Style: P9515) $298 at Unique Vintage
Tea Length Wedding Dress With Sweetheart Neckline & Tulle Skirt (Style: 6749) $394 at BestBridalPrices.com
Glimmering Lace Dress With Shear V-Neck (Style: 31882756) $420 at BHLDN
Tea Length Tulle & Satin Bridal Gown With Zipper Back (Style: 1550) $658 at BestBridalPrices.com
(Free Veil & Shoes!)
Mid-Century Inspired Tea Length Gown With Rho Lace (Style: Rho 6741E) $670 at BestBridalPrices.com
Cap Sleeve Wedding Dress With Illusion Neckline (Style: CMK513) $700 at David’s Bridal
Sweetheart Neckline Floral Ivory Embellished Dress With Gold Sequin Detailing $700 by Amanda Archer
I would definitely look further into Etsy, too. There are so many bridal shops, just when I think I’ve found them all, I discover 50 more. There are so many styles to choose from for every budget. Let us know if you have anymore questions. Until next week, BABs …
Got a gown that you just can’t get off your mind? We’re happy to help you get over it! Just tell us in the comments below!
*As always, please do your own research before buying a gown online. Team Broke-Ass is here to provide you with inspiration and resources, but it is up to the consumer to know what they’re purchasing.
It’s like the shoe gods are daring us not to shop this weekend, you guys. Seriously. There are so many sweet deals for killer kicks in this edition of Ten for the Weekend that you’ll be well-heeled and rarin’ to go without so much as a dent to your bank account. Also: Beach essentials to help you bid adieu to summer, #CraftOptions because … well … we won’t get into it and hair removal (have you tried lasering? It’s pricey, but WORTH IT.) deals to get through these dog days!
1. Shoe Deal # 1: Take 20% Off Your Next Order with code LEO through 8/31 at Heels.com!
2. Craftsy’s 50% off sale is still rockin’ and rollin’! If you’re aching to learn a new skill, now’s the time to get in on it!
I’d be super into checking out this class. I always feel like my travel pics fall a bit flat, ya know?
3. Shoe Deal #2: Bluefly is having a 2 day womens shoe sale, where you can save up to an extra 50% off.
4. Winter is coming, but that doesn’t mean you cant really get into the swing of the dog days of summer! Zappos is here to help with a sale on beach essentials!
5. Summer fun leaving you a little fuzzy? Groupon has a bevy of hair removal deals so you can spend less time primping and more time partying.
I would very much like these beauties on my feet right now plz.
7. If you’re too impatient to see if you’ve won this week’s giveaway, then I’ve got your back. Hourglass Angel is offering 10% off orders of $65 or more throughout the whole site with code 10Angel. Ends 8/13.
8. More #CraftOptions: Michael’s is getting on the 10% off train. Use code Storage101 at checkout!
9. Friends and family sales are awesome, and Ann Taylor knows this. Knock 40% off your order until 8/13 with code FRIENDS40.
Y’all, I love helping people out. That’s part of the reason why I love working at BAB. So when my girl Becca sent out a Facebook plea for help in finding shoes to go with this dress in Ocean Blue that she’s wearing as a bridesmaid for a wedding, I was all over it. Because: Duh. I could help her and I had a great mission for my Five for Friday! The Rules: Must be able to walk on both grass and pavement (though if needed, Solemates are the perfect accompaniment for heels in grass), under $40, open-toed and low-heeled. Challenge: Accepted!
Memoir Readings Flat – $29.99 from ModCloth
Anywhere You Rome Sandal in Black – $14.99 from ModCloth
French Connection “Neola” Pump, On sale - $42.97 (original price: $109.95) at Nordstrom
Now these are veeery slightly out of budget, but considering the non-sale price, a great get. A classic shape and style, but with a slight twist and one that translates well for most outfits/occasions, so the ROI is awesome.
I just love these, and I can’t keep it to myself:
A Day in Your Shoes Flat in Noir – $34.99 from ModCloth
Girl, I hope I helped. Regardless I wanna know what you picked, mmmkay?
Which would you choose, BABs?
Hey, BABs! So sorry this is late, but there were a couple deals I wanted to hold off for, because they were too good to miss! I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me and hopefully your wallet will thank me! This Ten for the Weekend round up has so much goodness, from a Groupon getaway to a Craftsy flash sale to the always amazing Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. Shop ’til your heart’s content, darling!
1. Disco balls and weddings: I’ve said it before, but it’s a thing. And now you can get $10 off orders over $30 from Spencer’s Gifts using code DOLLAROFF until 7/20!
2. Still trying to find the perfect shapewear to give the girls a lift? Until July 20 take $10 off at Hourglass Angel with code HG10.
3. Guys. It’s time for the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. Need I say more?
4. On the hunt for wedding goodies? The Knot Shop is knocking 25% off all orders until 7/20 when you use code ENJOY25.
5. Hipsters and lovers of kitschy apartment goods, rejoice! Urban Outfitters is having a huge summer sale with markdowns on items in every department and free shipping on orders over $50. Sale ends 7/20.
6. Darling, let’s run away together. But hurry! Ending at midnight tonight, Groupon is offering an extra 10% off one Summer Getaways Deal when you use code SUMMER10 at checkout. GET IT!
Doesn’t this just look divine?
8. Black Friday in July? We’ll take it! Target is offering 20% off furniture and decor. Sale ends today!
9. KAPOW! It’s time to get your craft on! Craftsy’s having a 50% off flash sale. Ends tomorrow!
10. Last but certainly not least, it’s time to get your toes wet with ModCloth’s swim sale! Save 30% off their bestselling swimwear!
And here we are again! On the precipice of a weekend, one that for myself, I hope includes swimming and mimosas. At the same time would be pretty awesome, but I’ll take ‘em however I get ‘em! For you, darling Broke-Asses, I hope it’s filled with frugal shopping with these great deals, wedding goodness and time with your best homies! Oh! And if you’re getting married this weekend, don’t forget to tag a pic or two with #BABRealWedding so we can share on Instagram!
1. WildHeart Paper, who hosted a giveaway on the blog last week, is offering 10% off orders of 50 or more invitations + RSVP cards when you like her Facebook page and message her through her Etsy shop. Just mention you saw it on BAB!
2. Make sure you and your ladies are covered and secure! Hourglass Angel is knocking 25% off your purchase when you order body enhancing shapewear for your whole bridal party (4 or more) through 7/1.
3. American Bridal’s summer flash sale is a perfect time to stock up on those little wedding extras! Save up to 85% on items from tote bags to fans to parasols.
4. If you’re DIYing the food for your wedding day, then pay attention: Mission Restaurant Supply is gonna save $10 off orders of $75+ with promo code 10OFF75 until 09/30.
5. Need to add a dose of hipster to your wardrobe or just need some cute ‘n’ kitschy things for yoru abode? Enjoy up to 70% off at UrbanOutfitters.com during the Summer’s Last Sale! Plus, free shipping on all orders over $50!
Guys, I need this Rachel Caldwell “Unicore” print. NEED, I say.
7. If you’re like our Real Bride Tiffany and still wavering on jewels, now’s a good time to stock up so you can try to make up your mind! Get 50%-80% Off hundreds of styles at the Summer Sale at BaubleBar, and get yourself all set with bling!
8. One of my favorite dresses ever is from Shabby Apple, and I wish I could stock my whole damn wardrobe with their cute garb. For those that feel the same way, you can now save $10 and receive free expedited shipping on orders of $160 or more! Use code HJQ143 now. Hurry, ends 7/4/14.
I mean, how cute is this dress for a rehearsal dinner?
9. Oh, Frye, why you gotta be so pricey? I’ve literally worn my Frye boots to death, but refuse to give up on them. So it’s a super score that 6pm.com is skimming up to 60% off Frye products!
Happy shopping, Broke-Asses!