Posts in the 'Shopbop' Category
It’s like the shoe gods are daring us not to shop this weekend, you guys. Seriously. There are so many sweet deals for killer kicks in this edition of Ten for the Weekend that you’ll be well-heeled and rarin’ to go without so much as a dent to your bank account. Also: Beach essentials to help you bid adieu to summer, #CraftOptions because … well … we won’t get into it and hair removal (have you tried lasering? It’s pricey, but WORTH IT.) deals to get through these dog days!
1. Shoe Deal # 1: Take 20% Off Your Next Order with code LEO through 8/31 at Heels.com!
2. Craftsy’s 50% off sale is still rockin’ and rollin’! If you’re aching to learn a new skill, now’s the time to get in on it!
I’d be super into checking out this class. I always feel like my travel pics fall a bit flat, ya know?
3. Shoe Deal #2: Bluefly is having a 2 day womens shoe sale, where you can save up to an extra 50% off.
4. Winter is coming, but that doesn’t mean you cant really get into the swing of the dog days of summer! Zappos is here to help with a sale on beach essentials!
5. Summer fun leaving you a little fuzzy? Groupon has a bevy of hair removal deals so you can spend less time primping and more time partying.
I would very much like these beauties on my feet right now plz.
7. If you’re too impatient to see if you’ve won this week’s giveaway, then I’ve got your back. Hourglass Angel is offering 10% off orders of $65 or more throughout the whole site with code 10Angel. Ends 8/13.
8. More #CraftOptions: Michael’s is getting on the 10% off train. Use code Storage101 at checkout!
9. Friends and family sales are awesome, and Ann Taylor knows this. Knock 40% off your order until 8/13 with code FRIENDS40.
Finding a long-sleeve dress that doesn’t look like a separate part of the dress – that’s this week’s challenge.
I need your help! I can’t afford Le Spose di Gio’s CL11 but am having trouble getting over it. Any ideas on stylish dresses where sleeves don’t look like add-ons?
Katie wants to spend no more than $1,200. Her budget wasn’t actually a challenge. Finding something that has stylish sleeves, however, was.
CAN’T AFFORD IT
GET OVER IT
White Long Sleeve Lace Cutout ($625 at BirdyJames via Etsy)
Amanda Wakeley Draped Silk-Satin Gown ($728 at Outnet)
Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti Silk-Chiffon Gown ($917.60 at Outnet)
Evelyn Lace Beaded Wedding Gown (£750 at Phase Eight)
ISSA Cutout Long Sleeve Gown ($913 at Shopbop)
Another option to consider, if you can find a seamstress you trust, is buying a dress that provides the base you want – like the Angelique gown by J. Crew – and hiring someone to create the beautiful tulle overlay. This could create a look that’s closer to your vision while keeping you under budget. Given the modern look of your dress, going the route of having a dress made may be your best bet. Consider researching dress makers in your area. Perhaps you can save even more by having something specially made for you.
“Budget” has always been a word I kind of hate. It really kills the joy of shopping for, well, anything. But of course, it’s a very important factor when it comes to BAB weddings.
I fell in love with the Wtoo Olivia gown in oatmeal. I went to try it on and absolutely love it. I have been trying to find a used one to buy, but they are still out of budget. Do you have any ideas of similar looks I could try? I can’t seem to find anything like it. Thanks!!!
After chatting with our BAB, it turns out her magic number is $800. There’s always an opportunity to have fun on a budget. This is no different. As always, the key is being open-minded when it comes to all the little details…
CAN’T AFFORD IT
Wtoo Olivia Gown ($1,344 at Best Bridal Prices)
GET OVER IT
Taffeta Ball Gown with Layered Tulle Skirt ($299.99 at David’s Bridal)
Badgley Mischka Strapless Lace Gown ($715 at Shopbop)
BCBG Max Azria Magnolia Strapless Gown ($523.60 at Shopbop)
Silk Strapless Vintage Wedding Dress ($550 at Ann Taylor)
Tulle Ball Gown with Asymmetrical Draped Skirt ($699.99 at David’s Bridal)
The color is the hardest thing to really match up. Not all these options hit that hue right on the head, but we play around with a palette that goes from white to peachy pink to a golden, movie star hue. Hopefully there is something in here that catches your eye!