Posts in the 'Nordstrom' Category
Hey, BABs! This week we’re helping Brianna get over the lovely “Emma Gown” by Theia for BHLDN. Don O’Neill is the designer/creative genius behind the Theia Collection, which was created to “bring out a woman’s inner goddess.” Theia, a Titaness in Greek mythology, possessed the power of light. So, basically, she made everything sparkle and we here at BAB lurve our sparklez. This particular gown was inspired by the blossoms of the Japanese cherry tree. This petals were designed by using the laser cutting technique. This technique has been around for a long time, butack in the day you would have to spend beaucoup bucks as laser cutting was only used mostly for couture clothing. Now you can walk into most clothing chains and find something using this technique. So now that you know a little bit about it, here’s what Brianna had to say:
“Hello! I love this column and hope you can help with my own search. I absolutely love the detailed and textured look of the BHLDN Emma dress, but the price is a bit high for me. Something under $700 (honestly, the lower the better) would be awesome. Ombré or solid color, any help is welcome!”
JS Collections Floral Applique Gown (Style: 564325) $240 at Nordstrom
Taffetta & Organza Sweetheart A-Line Gown With Beaded Flowers (Style: RB-0032) $274 at Raining Blossoms
Tulle Softly Curved Strapless Neckline A-Line Wedding Dress With Floral Decorations (Style: WD-2393) $319
Tulle Softly Curved Strapless Neckline A-Line Wedding Dress With Floral Element Design (Style: WD-3264) $319
Sue Wong Beaded & Floral Embroidered Beaded Gown (Style: 0474132235171) $510 at Saks Fifth Avenue
Strapless After Six Wedding Dress With Heirloom Lace & Full Shirred Skirt (Style: 1037) $540 at Dessy
Ann Taylor Rose Petal Spaghetti Strap Wedding Dress (Style: 256364) $650 at Ann Taylor
Brianna, I certainly hope I helped you find a great alternative for that gorgeous gown!
Got a gown that you just can’t get off your mind? We’re happy to help you get over it! Just tell us in the comments below! Please remember to include the budget you’re working with so we can find you the best alternative for you.
*As always, please do your own research before buying a gown online. Team Broke-Ass is here to provide you with inspiration and resources, but it is up to the consumer to know what they’re purchasing.
**This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Whew. I don’t know ’bout y’all, but it’s been a heck of a week. But, since it’s Ten for the Weekend time, that means the end is nigh and it’s time for a little retail therapy! This week, we’ve got gear for guys, personalized gifts, super cute home decor items and the tail end of a huge sale. Check it!
1. If your fella is getting married in a suit, consider purchasing rather than renting — it’s a good investment that may come in handy. Bonobos is having an up to 60% off summer sale until 8/3, which means a handsome number like this suit jacket goes from $325 to $195. Use code BIG30 at checkout.
2. Kiyonna is turning 18 and wants to celebrate with you! For the entire month of August, knock 25% off your order with code BDAYSTYLE.
3. Giving engraved or monogrammed bridal party gifts is a sweet way to show them you care. Get 10% off for the entire month at A Gift Personalized, and get all your grooms dudes and brides babes some sweet swag.
And if anyone wants to get me this amazing flask, my 30th is just around the corner.
4. Man, I have such a thing for office supplies, especially when they’re fun, colorful and creativity-sparking. Memoji products cover alla dem criteria, and they’re having a 10% off sale for August when you use code GET10.
5. Still need to stock up on summer essentials? Boohoo has your back and will even skim a cool 25% off the top until 8/3 when you use code SUNFUN.
6. With fall lurking around the corner, it’s a good time to start thinking about fall wardrobe options. Scarves.com’s Back to School Sale makes it a little easier on your wallet by tossing in a 20% discount when you use APLUS until 8/22.
7. Taking on DIYing your wedding stationery? Make sure you have enough ink and toner. Comp and Save will take 15% off orders of $70+ until 8/31 using code BTS15.
8. It’s still happening, but not for long! Take advantage of the final weekend of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale and score some designer duds for wicked cheap.
9. If your abode needs a little makeover, head over to ModCloth where select but awesome decor items are 20% off until 8/3.
The Terrific Terrarium Duvet Cover has captured my attention for a while now. Might be a good time to dig in.
10. And what Ten for the Weekend would be complete without a LOFT sale? Until 8/10, get 50% off select full price styles at LOFT with code FIFTY.
Y’all, I love helping people out. That’s part of the reason why I love working at BAB. So when my girl Becca sent out a Facebook plea for help in finding shoes to go with this dress in Ocean Blue that she’s wearing as a bridesmaid for a wedding, I was all over it. Because: Duh. I could help her and I had a great mission for my Five for Friday! The Rules: Must be able to walk on both grass and pavement (though if needed, Solemates are the perfect accompaniment for heels in grass), under $40, open-toed and low-heeled. Challenge: Accepted!
Memoir Readings Flat – $29.99 from ModCloth
Anywhere You Rome Sandal in Black – $14.99 from ModCloth
French Connection “Neola” Pump, On sale - $42.97 (original price: $109.95) at Nordstrom
Now these are veeery slightly out of budget, but considering the non-sale price, a great get. A classic shape and style, but with a slight twist and one that translates well for most outfits/occasions, so the ROI is awesome.
I just love these, and I can’t keep it to myself:
A Day in Your Shoes Flat in Noir – $34.99 from ModCloth
Girl, I hope I helped. Regardless I wanna know what you picked, mmmkay?
Which would you choose, BABs?
Hey, BABs! So sorry this is late, but there were a couple deals I wanted to hold off for, because they were too good to miss! I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me and hopefully your wallet will thank me! This Ten for the Weekend round up has so much goodness, from a Groupon getaway to a Craftsy flash sale to the always amazing Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. Shop ’til your heart’s content, darling!
1. Disco balls and weddings: I’ve said it before, but it’s a thing. And now you can get $10 off orders over $30 from Spencer’s Gifts using code DOLLAROFF until 7/20!
2. Still trying to find the perfect shapewear to give the girls a lift? Until July 20 take $10 off at Hourglass Angel with code HG10.
3. Guys. It’s time for the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. Need I say more?
4. On the hunt for wedding goodies? The Knot Shop is knocking 25% off all orders until 7/20 when you use code ENJOY25.
5. Hipsters and lovers of kitschy apartment goods, rejoice! Urban Outfitters is having a huge summer sale with markdowns on items in every department and free shipping on orders over $50. Sale ends 7/20.
6. Darling, let’s run away together. But hurry! Ending at midnight tonight, Groupon is offering an extra 10% off one Summer Getaways Deal when you use code SUMMER10 at checkout. GET IT!
Doesn’t this just look divine?
8. Black Friday in July? We’ll take it! Target is offering 20% off furniture and decor. Sale ends today!
9. KAPOW! It’s time to get your craft on! Craftsy’s having a 50% off flash sale. Ends tomorrow!
10. Last but certainly not least, it’s time to get your toes wet with ModCloth’s swim sale! Save 30% off their bestselling swimwear!
Bonjour to all of you fabulous BAB’s out there! This week we’re helping a fellow BAB to get over this super cute, Delphine Manivet dress. Delphine is a French designer and her latest 2014 collection is very versatile. This collection is definitely vintage-inspired with most of the dresses capturing the style of the early 20th century. You’ll see sheer, long sleeves and the popular ’30s drop waist style. She even keeps it fresh and modern by adding separates. I never thought about getting married in shorts but there are a pair in her collection that are so cute, I might even consider it!
Bring The Poise Back Cream Shift Dress $55 at ModCloth
A-Line Dress With Glittering Lace $85 at ModCloth
A-Line Dress With Layers Of Tulle & Metallic Lace Swirls $140 at ModCloth
Romantic Lace Dress With Slight Ruffle At Waist (Style: 34482) $143 at ShopRuche
Lace Peplum Cap Sleeve Dress (Style: 0116003) $210 at For Her and For Him
Strapless Embroidered Lace Peplum Dress (Style: 317324) $268 at Ann Taylor
Vered Lace Shift Dress (Style: 4130077005500) $298 at Anthropologie
Embroidered Lace Shift Dress (Style: 30850648) $300 at BHLDN
(PSST!!! Today only – 6/12 — get FREE SHIPPING from BHLDN with BHLDNBABFREE at checkout!)
V-Neck Lace Tiered Dress (Style: YYQ61A46-1J4) $368 at BCBG
Ribbon Trim Illusion Bodice Dress (Style: 649953) $398 at Nordstrom
Victorian Style White Lace Dress $925 at Etsy
As always, you have options and there are a million and one ways to achieve your perfect bridal look. While I didn’t find a lot of dresses with those pretty, sheer, long lace sleeves, you can always add something like this or a sparkly, lacy cover-up. And be sure to browse the websites I’ve featured because there are a lot of other choices you might like. Let me know what you think! Until next week, BAB’s…
Got a gown that you just can’t get off your mind? We’re happy to help you get over it! Just tell us in the comments below!
This week’s request is particularly special – well, for me. It comes from an adopted little sister of mine. Leann is my high school boyfriend’s little sister. I still picture her as a girl in middle school, despite the fact that she’s a beautiful, independent woman now. She knows she can ask me for help anytime. This week, I got a request from her via Pinterest. Her note was brief:
I want this but can’t have it! Help?
The dress is a preview for the Ersa Atelier 2013 collection. I failed to find a price for it (but we can assume it’s in the 4-5 digit range). Leann has a budget of about $600. She’s having a bit of a non-traditional wedding but loves this look.
CAN’T AFFORD IT
GET OVER IT
David Meister One-Shoulder Metallic Gown ($570 at Saks Fifth Avenue)
Angeline ($639.99 at Ruche)
Silk Georgette Pleated One Shoulder ($550 at Ann Taylor)
Beaded One-Shoulder Soft Charmeuse Gown ($349.99 at David’s Bridal)
One-Shoulder Gown with Asymmetrically Draped Skirt ($528 at David’s Bridal)
Xscape Beaded One Shoulder Sheer Mesh Gown ($165 at Nordstrom)
Don’t kill me for throwing in a couple more traditional options. It’s always best to consider all options. And, with that in mind, I had a crazy additional thought. What about renting an amazing sequin dress and making a tulle overlay? Rent the Runway has some amazing options for a base to such a dress, like this Badgley Mischka gown for $125. With that price, you could rent it one weekend just to get the measurements then again for the wedding and still be under budget. Since this look is more gown-like, perhaps another BAB out there has a lead on a dress they’d like to share?
Ohhhhh, gals you’re gonna lurve this! Jump right on this train! Can you say Bridesmaid? Mother of the bride? Rehearsal dinner? Saturday night?
Nordstrom is having a fabulous sale on cocktail dresses. They’ve got dealios as low as $28.90 on sale from $100, and some cute-ass Maggy London and Adrianna Papell biz-nass for less than $50 each! *cue spit take*
Check out the cheapness…. there’s nearly 1,100 more where these came from! Perfect cheap wedding dress guest attire!
(Thanks Ashley, for the tip!)