Posts in the 'Maggie Lord' Category
Rustic weddings are gorgeous. Duh. There’s a pretty whimsical feel to them that helps make your wedding day a little extra special and romantical. And they tend to be pretty DIY-heavy, which adds a great personalized touch.
Maggie Lord, the schamazing mastermind behind Rustic Wedding Chic is kinda sorta the guru of rustic weddings. Remember when she did this rockin’ tutorial for us? Welp, that’s just one of many many beautiful how-tos. In her book, “The Rustic Wedding Handbook,” she shares even more how-to goodness, plus she gives some great tips and ideas on how to style your own rustic wedding.
And, of course, she wants to share with you, BABs! Get yourself in on the game by completing each task below to earn entries to win “The Rustic Wedding Handbook!”
I’m a big lover of garlands and bunting for weddings, as they add a festive vibe without crashing your cash stash. And this year, especially, I’ve seen tassel garlands take over — a couple years ago it was polka dot and/or striped bunting, and then there was burlap and flowers. But this year is all about the tassel. And lucky us! In advance of our giveaway of Maggie Lord’s “The Rustic Wedding Handbook,” (stay tuned, loves!) we partnered with the lady herself to snag this super easy and cheap DIY from her website, Rustic Wedding Chic. These garlands can be fully customizable — from the length to the tassel color to the paint color … hell, you could even use colorful string! Customize and prettify until your heart’s content!
1. Unfold the sections of tissue paper. Leaving the stack intact, cut down the middle. (You’ll want about 10 sheets per stack!)
3. Unfold the cut stack of tissue. It is OK if the strips aren’t perfectly even.
4. Starting at one end, roll the stack at the top. You make want to use a pencil or pen to roll the tissue around to give it a proper round shape.
5. Once you have your stack rolled, use a small piece of white art tape to hold the tissue in place. Keep in mind the tape will be visible so try to make it all of the way around in a nice-looking straight band.
6. Once you have all of your tassels made, use the string or ribbon to tie them together. You will want to knot the string on the same side of each tassel so that they will hang correctly. Tie just beneath the tape for a secure hold.
7. Next, using extra tissue, lightly wrap the tassels and tape the tissue closed, leaving the string and the end of the tassel exposed.
8. Spraying lightly with the spray paint, dust the string and the tops of the tassels with paint to give it a sheen. Once the paint has dried, flip the garland over and dust the other side.
9. Once the garland is dry, remove the tissue sleeves from the tassels and hang them!
This is also a DIY that could translate easily into home decor … so you’re doubling down on the awesome AND saving money. BOOM.
Stay tuned in August for a giveaway of “The Rustic Wedding Handbook,” by Maggie Lord, which is a gorgeous book full of amazingly beautiful DIYs like this!
Having a rustic chic wedding isn’t as easy as it looks–there’s a balance involved of form and function. How do you make that folder of inspiration photos on your desktop a reality? Maggie Lord, author of the new book Rustic Wedding Chic and the founder and editor of RusticWeddingChic.com, wants to help you make the burlap, raw cotton bouquet, and shabby chic chandelier wedding of your dreams come to life!
Rustic Wedding Chic features inspiring real weddings, tips and advice from the pros, and tutorials and highlights of some of the best details that Maggie has seen in her years of chronicling rustic weddings. And as a self-professed wedding junkie since the age of thirteen, you can be certain that Maggie has a discerning eye for details that your guests will talk about for years to come!
Better still, Rustic Wedding Chic will help you put your personal, individual stamp on the rustic wedding trend, ensuring that your wedding speaks to your unique taste! If you’re planning a barn/outdoor/backyard wedding, there’s no better resource than a copy of Rustic Wedding Chic–don’t believe me? Check out the guest post she wrote for Broke Ass Bride for a taste of what Rustic Wedding Chic has to offer!
This week, one lucky BAB will win an autographed copy of Rustic Wedding Chic by Maggie Lord! You must be subscribed to our newsletter to win (we check!). Not a subscriber? No problem! Sign up here: http://www.thebrokeassbride.com/subscribe/