Posts in the 'Le Spose di Gio' Category
Hey, BABs! Happy Independence Day eve! With holiday staring us down, our Can’t Afford It? Get Over It! guru Elaine was booted out the door early by yours truly to enjoy her weekend. So, in lieu of her amazingly accurate CAI/GOIs, I’m bringing back one of our most popular posts in the column, featuring not one but TWO different gowns to get over. Keep in mind, may of these styles may not be available, but if you fall in love with one, you can always holler at us and we’ll help you get over it! Orginally posted 2/1/2011.
Bride Melissa wrote in asking us to find her a Grace Kelly-inspired gown with sleeves. In Melissa’s initial search for “sleeved bridal gowns,” she found gowns that exuded too much modesty and not enough style. So she’s been having trouble finding something that pops. It must be sleeve week, because I got another email from bride Briana looking for a Get Over It version of this sleeved gown by Le Spose di Gio:
Can’t Afford It:
So this is how we’re going to handle this. First, I will post the Get Over It Gowns for Briana’s Le Sposa di Gio, then I will put together a Get Over It Gallery of Grace Kelly-inspired sleeved gowns under $1000 for Melissa. And feel free to share, ladies. Briana, you may see something you likes from Melissa’s Get Over It picks, and vice versa. You sleeved brides need to stick together. Don’t you just feel the Get Over It gown love?
Get Over It:
1. Sincerity Bridal. Retails between $500 and $1000.
2. Sottero & Midgley. Retails for about $1000.
3. David’s Bridal. Retails for $850.
4. David’s Bridal. Retails for $950.
5. Kathy Ireland Weddings. Retails for about $1000.
6. Sincerity Bridal Plus. Retails for about $1000.
7. Jasmine Collection. Retails between $500 and $1000.
Get Over It Gown Gallery: Grace Kelly Edition
Stylish Sleeved Gowns for Under $1000
1. Unique Vintage. Retails for $195.
2. Unique Vintage. Retails for $458.
3. Unique Vintage. Retails for $478.
4. Unique Vintage. Retails for $375.
5. Stop Staring! Retails for $178.
6. Unique Vintage. Retails for $375.
7. Unique Vintage. Retails for $968.
8. Jasmine Collection. Retails for about $1000.
9. Unique Vintage. Retails for $814.
10. Ting Bridal. Retails for $498.
11. Love June. Retails for $395.
12. Love June. Retails for $445.
13. La Costurera. Retails for $830.
14. Ting Bridal. Retails for $458.
15. Toccata. Retails for $980.
16. Dolly Couture. Retails for $595.
17. Dolly Couture. Retails for $595.
18. Dolly Couture. Retails for $495.
19. White House Black Market. Retails for $698.
20. BCBGMAXAZRIA. Retails for $219.
21. J. Crew. Retails for $595.
If you have a gown that you just can’t get off your mind, let us know and we’ll help you get over it!
*As always, please do your own research before buying a gown online. Team Broke-Ass is here to provide you with inspiration and resources, but it is up to the consumer to know what they’re purchasing.
Finding a long-sleeve dress that doesn’t look like a separate part of the dress – that’s this week’s challenge.
I need your help! I can’t afford Le Spose di Gio’s CL11 but am having trouble getting over it. Any ideas on stylish dresses where sleeves don’t look like add-ons?
Katie wants to spend no more than $1,200. Her budget wasn’t actually a challenge. Finding something that has stylish sleeves, however, was.
CAN’T AFFORD IT
GET OVER IT
White Long Sleeve Lace Cutout ($625 at BirdyJames via Etsy)
Amanda Wakeley Draped Silk-Satin Gown ($728 at Outnet)
Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti Silk-Chiffon Gown ($917.60 at Outnet)
Evelyn Lace Beaded Wedding Gown (£750 at Phase Eight)
ISSA Cutout Long Sleeve Gown ($913 at Shopbop)
Another option to consider, if you can find a seamstress you trust, is buying a dress that provides the base you want – like the Angelique gown by J. Crew – and hiring someone to create the beautiful tulle overlay. This could create a look that’s closer to your vision while keeping you under budget. Given the modern look of your dress, going the route of having a dress made may be your best bet. Consider researching dress makers in your area. Perhaps you can save even more by having something specially made for you.