Posts in the 'Deals' Category
Ahhh, Friday afternoons. I’ve looked forward to seeing what’s on sale at the end of the week, a) so I can share ‘em with you and b) so I can drop some major hints for my upcoming birthday. And guys, this weekend? It’s some srsly great shit. From shoes to stationery to awesome grilling tools to one of our absolute faves, this Ten for the Weekend pretty much has it all. Get to it!
1. There are few things I love more than retiring a pair of beat-up Chucks only to replace ‘em with a shiny new pair that’re ripe for the scuffing. 6pm.com is kicking up to 60% off Converse until 9/14.
I think this pair would be adorbz with that elephant dress I got.
2. The cooler weather has arrived (at least momentarily … ) and that’s prime soup and stew season! Right in the nick of time, Sur la Table is having a sale on its 7 qt. red round oven — $64.96 (normally $115) until 9/15. Get yo cook on!
3. PaperSource, the definitive, well … source of pretty paper is knocking 20% off personalized stationery. Take 20% Off Personalized Stationary For a Limited Time at PaperSource.com!
4. If you’re in the market for anything customized / personalized and just straight you, then you should probz head over to Zazzle where you’ll get 15% off all orders when you use code BOUNDLESSFUN.
5. It’s football season, which is pretty much synonymous with burgers and steaks and wings. And there’s a tool for that! Quirky is knocking 25% off its Tailgating collection through 9/16.
I love multitools, and this one’s for grilling. It’s like, all of the winning!
6. Yo, braves ones! Thinking of doing your own wedding cake? Craftsy can help, and the icing on the cake (haaaaa!) is the 50% off sale on Food and Decorating classes they’re having until 9/14.
7. The change in seasons can wreak havoc on your skin. Do damage control and go ahead and knock 15% off plus score free shipping on orders of $50 or more at PaulasChoice.com until 10/7.
8. Need some new wardrobe essentials? Head over to boohoo where you can get 20% off with code GET20 until 9/14.
9. Lucky you, fall brides! Those last-minute wedding goods — think clutches, flip-flops, even a couple ties! — are on sale over at Dessy where they’re having a killer blowout sale with stuff as low as $5.
10. And finally, the piece de resistance: Kate Spade 20 % off fall styles with code FALLWD14.
This bag needs to be in my life like, yesterday.
Happy shopping, darlings!
It’s Ten for the Weekend time, which means it’s officially time to grab that cocktail and congratulate yourself for making it through the longest short week in history (or at least it was for this girl). If you didn’t spend all your skrilla during last weekend’s monstrous deal roundup, then be prepared to shop these amazing deals.
1. For those of you who didn’t win the Flirty Aprons giveaway, now’s your chance to get your mitts on one of three styles at 50% off when you use code FAREWELL50 until 9/10.
2. Could your ‘do use a little re-doing? Madison Reed is knocking 50% off your first purchase when you use FALLHAIRCOLOR at checkout.
3. Calling all fall brides! Take advantage of new color collections and end-of-season sales, starting with 5% off site wide at Luna Bazaar using code LUNASAVE5.
These gorgeous pastel banners would be gorge with the neutral tones of fall.
4. Stock up on sandals for next season at Heels.com, where yo can knock 25% off your purchase + free shipping with code HAUTE25 until 9/7.
5. Need some adorbz new loungewear? Head over to Aerie and shop the clearance section at up to 60% off, with undies starting at $2.99.
I think I’d live in this robe … and how cute would it be to wear while you get your hair and makeup done?
6.You can now shop by your body type at Hourglass Angel, and in honor of this nifty new tool, they’re offering 15% off your purchase with code SHAPE15.
7. Fall is a great time to whip out that cute apron (see above!) and get to baking. And now you can stock up on fancy schmancy metal bakewear from Le Creuset at 30% off!
8. BRIDES. Are you doing a unity candle ceremony? Then stop what you’re doing and get this personalized unity candle set from A Gift Personalized at 40% off!
Guys, you can change the colors AND the text.
9. Of course they’d get in on the fun: ModCloth is offering 15% off party styles with their Dress Up & Get Down Sale!
10. We love MagnetStreet here at BAB, and they love you! Get in on their extended Labor Day savings by scoring your MagnetStreet wedding stationery (Real Bride Peach got hers there!) at 25% off with WEDLBR25 until 9/8.
Accessories help make the outfit, right? Right. You’ve got the shoes, the headpiece, the sash … but what about jewelry? Chances are, you’ll be the lucky recipient of some family heirlooms, but that may not cover your entire wedding day ensemble. And since you’re a broke-ass, you can’t really afford to shell out oddles of skrilla to get the pretty pieces you yearn for.
Or maybe you’re not into plunking down mad cash for jewelry you may only wear a handful of times (girl, I get you).
Enter: Gloss Jewelry.
Gloss makes sweet, sturdy and hand-crafted pieces that work for any occasion, but don’t cost a million-bajillion buckaroos. From classy statement pieces to sweet charms and baubles, Gloss Jewelry has a huge variety, all under $59.
Whether you’re looking for yourself, or you’ve set out on the hunt for darling bridesmaid gifts, they’ve got a huge variety of pretty things without the baller price tag.
And for this week’s Winning Wednesday, you get to bedeck yourself in some Gloss awesomeness. One lucky BAB will get $50 worth of jewelry — your pick! — from Gloss Jewelry.
As per usual, each task earns an entry. The more tasks completed, the more entries received, the greater your chances of winning. Open to US residents only (sorry darlings).
Oh, and in case you see the mostest perfect bridesmaids gift, I’ve got a deal for you, too: Score 80% off sitewide using code LABORDAY80!
I’m totally a warm-weather addict, but even I’ll be OK with the end of 100-degree days and a return to the normalcy that lives around 75 degrees. As long as I can still sport flip-flops and can avoid big jackets, I’ll be stoked. I do love fall for a few reasons: the air’s crisper — and maybe it’s because I’m a big advocate of learning — it feels more studious ; colors change, and everything becomes more gold-tinged; and well, my birthday is in October … so there’s that. I always liked being able to revamp my wardrobe every fall, and it’s a habit that I still partake in, though now it’s more window-shopping than actual buying. So with this weekend marking the unofficial end of summer, here are my five favorite finds, all under $100, to breathe a little life into your wardrobe this fall.
(it’s a popular item and low on stock, so check out the Dotty Dot Polka Dot Sweater)
Guys, I swear by these jeans. All 5-foot-2 of me adores the short lengths, and they always fit true-to-size.
What do you love about fall, BABs?
Summer’s nearly over, and that means back to school sales are getting goooood. This week’s Ten for the Weekend has fun organization, fashion for her and for him, and tons of wedding decor! Happy weekend, darlings!
The cute shop with a lot of kitsch, Quirky, is running 25% off sitewide! Use code WOWZA at checkout until 8/26.
I’m totally digging this makeup organizer.
New school year, new kicks, right? Take 30% off + free shipping at Heels.com with code HEELS101 until 8.24.
Get those locks in shape for the end of summer parties with Madison Reed’s amazing shampoo and conditioner (guys, I love this stuff), and go ahead and take 40% off + free shipping until 8/31 when you use code SUMMERHAIRREPAIR.
True story: I live for American Eagle and Aerie. All 5-foot-2 of me is the most happy when wearing their jeans, because I don’t have to hem the short style. And I get super tingly when they have a sale, like this 20% off number Aerie is having until 8/24. Use code 83V547V1.
In all seriousness, I’d totally live in these during the cooler months.
Spice up your wardrobe this fall with some help from SheInside, who is offering 20% off all orders of $50 or more. Use code LABOR20 until 9/8.
Fall is a great time for baking, at least for this girl, and baking = adorbz aprons. Flirty Aprons is knocking 60% all Sadie aprons until 8/26 when you use code SADIE60.
How could you NOT want to bake with this laying around?
Bonobos is bidding adieu to summer, so get the guys in your life all decked out in awesome duds at up to 70% off! Use code BONVOYAGE until 8/24.
Did you dig those star lanterns in this morning’s Five for Friday? Good. Now go get ‘em at Luna Bazaar for 15% off when you have an order of $99+ using code 15PERCENT99.
Happy Friday, BABs! Whew, has it been a helluva week — I spent a v. rapid 48 hours networking my booty off in NYC (guys, we have some great partners joining the team and I’m super excited, because it means even more awesome discount possibilities) and collaborating with some peeps on future column ideas. But now it’s the weekend, so it’s time for me to sit back, relax and enjoy a little peace and quiet after all the catching up I’ve done. So, won’t you join me in a little retail therapy with these amazing discounts? PS: Make sure you scroll all the way through, because the last one is a doozy!
1. Need some adorable, preppy, possibly monogrammed goods? C. Wonder is having a 30% off sale until 9/1.
Because, how cute are these kitty shoes?
2, Speaking of monogrammed: A Gift Personalized’s 10% discount is still rockin’, so get all your bridal party goods while the gettin’s hot.
3. With fall coming up soon, is it time to revamp your ‘do? Give Madison Reed‘s at-home hair color a whirl (I did, and I loved it) and save 50% on your first purchase when you use code LAZYDAYS at checkout.
4. Whiskey and shoes … what could be better? How about a Happy Hour Flash Sale at Heels.com, where you can knock 25% off all shoes and score free shipping when you enter code WHISKEY at checkout — but hurry! It ends tonight (8/15)!
5. As you start nesting for winter, you might realize it’s time to spruce up your abode a bit. Swing over to Michael’s and get 40% off your entire regular price purchase of paint, brushes, pencils, markers and pastels art supplies when you use code ART401 until 8/23.
6. Girl, you go on and save that date … and go ahead and knock 30% off at Wedding Paper Divas when you order them using code 30DATEAUG through 8/19.
7. Kiyonna is celebrating their birthday this month, and they’re sharing the festivities with you by knocking 25% off all orders with code BDAYSTYLE.
8. Still debating on whether to jet off for a honeymoon? Let me help make that decision a little easier: Hilton Worldwide is having a summer sale, where you can save up to 33% on over 300 hotels across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
9. Time to re-up on those office supplies? Get thee over to Memoji and save 10% off any purchase this entire month with code GET10.
10. Of course I saved the best for last. GUYS: KATE SPADE IS HAVING A SURPRISE SALE WITH UP TO 75% OFF, BUT IT ENDS TONIGHT. GET IT.
I want … nay, I need this clutch, y’all.
Happy Shopping, BABs!
Hey BABs! I’m pretty excited about this week’s Can’t Afford It? Get Over It! Reader Shannon wrote in about “Evie” by House of Mooshki. Owned by Vicki McCarthy, House of Mooshki is a team of people in London who cater to the modern day bride but with a dash of vintage flair. I discovered them earlier this year and I’ve pretty much been OBSESSED ever since. Sadly, they don’t have any stockists in the US but a little birdie told me that will probably change in the future! “Evie” is an elegant, tea-length gown with tiers of tulle & hand-dyed guipure lace. This dress reminds me of the way women used to dress. All you need is some lace gloves and a veil and it’s perfection. I hope you like what I’ve found for you!
“Evie” by House Of Mooshki. $2,600
A-Line Silhouette With Layers Of Tulle & 3/4 Sleeves (Gilded Grace Dress) $140 at ModCloth
Tea Length Gown With Illusion Neckline (Style: 0117134) $280 at ForHerandForHim.com
Satin Tea Length Gown With V-Neck & Scalloped Lace (Style: 80464) $288 at SimplyBridal.com
Embroidered Lace Tea Length Dress With Jacket (Style: P9515) $298 at Unique Vintage
Tea Length Wedding Dress With Sweetheart Neckline & Tulle Skirt (Style: 6749) $394 at BestBridalPrices.com
Glimmering Lace Dress With Shear V-Neck (Style: 31882756) $420 at BHLDN
Tea Length Tulle & Satin Bridal Gown With Zipper Back (Style: 1550) $658 at BestBridalPrices.com
(Free Veil & Shoes!)
Mid-Century Inspired Tea Length Gown With Rho Lace (Style: Rho 6741E) $670 at BestBridalPrices.com
Cap Sleeve Wedding Dress With Illusion Neckline (Style: CMK513) $700 at David’s Bridal
Sweetheart Neckline Floral Ivory Embellished Dress With Gold Sequin Detailing $700 by Amanda Archer
I would definitely look further into Etsy, too. There are so many bridal shops, just when I think I’ve found them all, I discover 50 more. There are so many styles to choose from for every budget. Let us know if you have anymore questions. Until next week, BABs …
Got a gown that you just can’t get off your mind? We’re happy to help you get over it! Just tell us in the comments below!
*As always, please do your own research before buying a gown online. Team Broke-Ass is here to provide you with inspiration and resources, but it is up to the consumer to know what they’re purchasing.
It’s like the shoe gods are daring us not to shop this weekend, you guys. Seriously. There are so many sweet deals for killer kicks in this edition of Ten for the Weekend that you’ll be well-heeled and rarin’ to go without so much as a dent to your bank account. Also: Beach essentials to help you bid adieu to summer, #CraftOptions because … well … we won’t get into it and hair removal (have you tried lasering? It’s pricey, but WORTH IT.) deals to get through these dog days!
1. Shoe Deal # 1: Take 20% Off Your Next Order with code LEO through 8/31 at Heels.com!
2. Craftsy’s 50% off sale is still rockin’ and rollin’! If you’re aching to learn a new skill, now’s the time to get in on it!
I’d be super into checking out this class. I always feel like my travel pics fall a bit flat, ya know?
3. Shoe Deal #2: Bluefly is having a 2 day womens shoe sale, where you can save up to an extra 50% off.
4. Winter is coming, but that doesn’t mean you cant really get into the swing of the dog days of summer! Zappos is here to help with a sale on beach essentials!
5. Summer fun leaving you a little fuzzy? Groupon has a bevy of hair removal deals so you can spend less time primping and more time partying.
I would very much like these beauties on my feet right now plz.
7. If you’re too impatient to see if you’ve won this week’s giveaway, then I’ve got your back. Hourglass Angel is offering 10% off orders of $65 or more throughout the whole site with code 10Angel. Ends 8/13.
8. More #CraftOptions: Michael’s is getting on the 10% off train. Use code Storage101 at checkout!
9. Friends and family sales are awesome, and Ann Taylor knows this. Knock 40% off your order until 8/13 with code FRIENDS40.
In just over one week, Jersey and I will be cheesing it up in front of our photographer for our engagement shoot. No need to remind us that it’s only been … oh, NINE months since we got engaged and we are just now getting this done. Trust me, we know. Our schedules have been impossible to coordinate, but at this point I’ll be happy if we can get a few prints in time to use for our thank you cards and our DIY guest book. (More on those later!)
So here I am, all twitterpated about finally getting some amazing professional shots of the two of us, when it hits me: What the hell am I gonna wear???
Um. You guys? Am I the only gal out there who cannot dress herself? In fact, I have an entire Pinterest board titled just that. But thank the heavens for my amazing friend, Bertie. Not only is her style swoon-worthy on a daily basis, but I swear she can sniff out an Internet steal-of-a-deal sale equally as well as our BAB lovely Christen (oh, you know, just this Unicorn Wrangler)!
Within a few hours of my cry for help, she returned with a few links for me. Before I knew it, I was clicking the big fat PURCHASE button on this gorgeous number below. Full price was $148.00, marked down to $88.80! (Go check it out at Nordstrom on Ivy and Blu at Nordstrom. You won’t be sorry.)
When it arrived a few days later, I was nervous putting it on … pleasepleaseplease fit over my booty … but was ecstatic to find that it was amazingly flattering and the size was true. With it on, I feel like this lovely frock is a cobalt blue version of Marilyn Monroe’s iconic dress. Which is *exactly* how I want to feel for our shoot: glamorous, elegant, classic, with a hint of flirt. For under $100, I’ll take it, plus did I mention it is SO comfortable?!? I can easily wear this again for our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, plus special occasions after the wedding. Paired with either some nude cork wedges or patent nude pumps, I’m all set!
Then over dinner last week with Bertie, I confessed something I’ve not told anyone. Ready? I secretly want to own a dress in a killer, knock-your-socks-off shade of RED. Bold, glorious, rich … red.
The next day, wouldn’t you know it, Bertie shoots me a few more links. And then I’m buying this.
And with their 40% off sale going on, guess what? This darling was $28.00, marked down to $49.99, with an extra 40% off. Final price: just $29.99. YES, PLEASE!
The moral of the story, friends, is to be crafty. Seek the help of your style gurus who can find gems (and not just dresses — jewelry, paper goods and shoes too!) that will not hurt your BAB budget! Scour for sales. And be patient. Good quality finds are out there, if you are persistent … and don’t be afraid to ask for help.
I’ll be sure to share pictures after our shoot. I’m so excited!
Till next time,