Posts in the 'Deals' Category
I’m totally a warm-weather addict, but even I’ll be OK with the end of 100-degree days and a return to the normalcy that lives around 75 degrees. As long as I can still sport flip-flops and can avoid big jackets, I’ll be stoked. I do love fall for a few reasons: the air’s crisper — and maybe it’s because I’m a big advocate of learning — it feels more studious ; colors change, and everything becomes more gold-tinged; and well, my birthday is in October … so there’s that. I always liked being able to revamp my wardrobe every fall, and it’s a habit that I still partake in, though now it’s more window-shopping than actual buying. So with this weekend marking the unofficial end of summer, here are my five favorite finds, all under $100, to breathe a little life into your wardrobe this fall.
(it’s a popular item and low on stock, so check out the Dotty Dot Polka Dot Sweater)
Guys, I swear by these jeans. All 5-foot-2 of me adores the short lengths, and they always fit true-to-size.
What do you love about fall, BABs?
Summer’s nearly over, and that means back to school sales are getting goooood. This week’s Ten for the Weekend has fun organization, fashion for her and for him, and tons of wedding decor! Happy weekend, darlings!
The cute shop with a lot of kitsch, Quirky, is running 25% off sitewide! Use code WOWZA at checkout until 8/26.
I’m totally digging this makeup organizer.
New school year, new kicks, right? Take 30% off + free shipping at Heels.com with code HEELS101 until 8.24.
Get those locks in shape for the end of summer parties with Madison Reed’s amazing shampoo and conditioner (guys, I love this stuff), and go ahead and take 40% off + free shipping until 8/31 when you use code SUMMERHAIRREPAIR.
True story: I live for American Eagle and Aerie. All 5-foot-2 of me is the most happy when wearing their jeans, because I don’t have to hem the short style. And I get super tingly when they have a sale, like this 20% off number Aerie is having until 8/24. Use code 83V547V1.
In all seriousness, I’d totally live in these during the cooler months.
Spice up your wardrobe this fall with some help from SheInside, who is offering 20% off all orders of $50 or more. Use code LABOR20 until 9/8.
Fall is a great time for baking, at least for this girl, and baking = adorbz aprons. Flirty Aprons is knocking 60% all Sadie aprons until 8/26 when you use code SADIE60.
How could you NOT want to bake with this laying around?
Bonobos is bidding adieu to summer, so get the guys in your life all decked out in awesome duds at up to 70% off! Use code BONVOYAGE until 8/24.
Did you dig those star lanterns in this morning’s Five for Friday? Good. Now go get ‘em at Luna Bazaar for 15% off when you have an order of $99+ using code 15PERCENT99.
Happy Friday, BABs! Whew, has it been a helluva week — I spent a v. rapid 48 hours networking my booty off in NYC (guys, we have some great partners joining the team and I’m super excited, because it means even more awesome discount possibilities) and collaborating with some peeps on future column ideas. But now it’s the weekend, so it’s time for me to sit back, relax and enjoy a little peace and quiet after all the catching up I’ve done. So, won’t you join me in a little retail therapy with these amazing discounts? PS: Make sure you scroll all the way through, because the last one is a doozy!
1. Need some adorable, preppy, possibly monogrammed goods? C. Wonder is having a 30% off sale until 9/1.
Because, how cute are these kitty shoes?
2, Speaking of monogrammed: A Gift Personalized’s 10% discount is still rockin’, so get all your bridal party goods while the gettin’s hot.
3. With fall coming up soon, is it time to revamp your ‘do? Give Madison Reed‘s at-home hair color a whirl (I did, and I loved it) and save 50% on your first purchase when you use code LAZYDAYS at checkout.
4. Whiskey and shoes … what could be better? How about a Happy Hour Flash Sale at Heels.com, where you can knock 25% off all shoes and score free shipping when you enter code WHISKEY at checkout — but hurry! It ends tonight (8/15)!
5. As you start nesting for winter, you might realize it’s time to spruce up your abode a bit. Swing over to Michael’s and get 40% off your entire regular price purchase of paint, brushes, pencils, markers and pastels art supplies when you use code ART401 until 8/23.
6. Girl, you go on and save that date … and go ahead and knock 30% off at Wedding Paper Divas when you order them using code 30DATEAUG through 8/19.
7. Kiyonna is celebrating their birthday this month, and they’re sharing the festivities with you by knocking 25% off all orders with code BDAYSTYLE.
8. Still debating on whether to jet off for a honeymoon? Let me help make that decision a little easier: Hilton Worldwide is having a summer sale, where you can save up to 33% on over 300 hotels across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
9. Time to re-up on those office supplies? Get thee over to Memoji and save 10% off any purchase this entire month with code GET10.
10. Of course I saved the best for last. GUYS: KATE SPADE IS HAVING A SURPRISE SALE WITH UP TO 75% OFF, BUT IT ENDS TONIGHT. GET IT.
I want … nay, I need this clutch, y’all.
Happy Shopping, BABs!
Hey BABs! I’m pretty excited about this week’s Can’t Afford It? Get Over It! Reader Shannon wrote in about “Evie” by House of Mooshki. Owned by Vicki McCarthy, House of Mooshki is a team of people in London who cater to the modern day bride but with a dash of vintage flair. I discovered them earlier this year and I’ve pretty much been OBSESSED ever since. Sadly, they don’t have any stockists in the US but a little birdie told me that will probably change in the future! “Evie” is an elegant, tea-length gown with tiers of tulle & hand-dyed guipure lace. This dress reminds me of the way women used to dress. All you need is some lace gloves and a veil and it’s perfection. I hope you like what I’ve found for you!
“Evie” by House Of Mooshki. $2,600
A-Line Silhouette With Layers Of Tulle & 3/4 Sleeves (Gilded Grace Dress) $140 at ModCloth
Tea Length Gown With Illusion Neckline (Style: 0117134) $280 at ForHerandForHim.com
Satin Tea Length Gown With V-Neck & Scalloped Lace (Style: 80464) $288 at SimplyBridal.com
Embroidered Lace Tea Length Dress With Jacket (Style: P9515) $298 at Unique Vintage
Tea Length Wedding Dress With Sweetheart Neckline & Tulle Skirt (Style: 6749) $394 at BestBridalPrices.com
Glimmering Lace Dress With Shear V-Neck (Style: 31882756) $420 at BHLDN
Tea Length Tulle & Satin Bridal Gown With Zipper Back (Style: 1550) $658 at BestBridalPrices.com
(Free Veil & Shoes!)
Mid-Century Inspired Tea Length Gown With Rho Lace (Style: Rho 6741E) $670 at BestBridalPrices.com
Cap Sleeve Wedding Dress With Illusion Neckline (Style: CMK513) $700 at David’s Bridal
Sweetheart Neckline Floral Ivory Embellished Dress With Gold Sequin Detailing $700 by Amanda Archer
I would definitely look further into Etsy, too. There are so many bridal shops, just when I think I’ve found them all, I discover 50 more. There are so many styles to choose from for every budget. Let us know if you have anymore questions. Until next week, BABs …
Got a gown that you just can’t get off your mind? We’re happy to help you get over it! Just tell us in the comments below!
*As always, please do your own research before buying a gown online. Team Broke-Ass is here to provide you with inspiration and resources, but it is up to the consumer to know what they’re purchasing.
It’s like the shoe gods are daring us not to shop this weekend, you guys. Seriously. There are so many sweet deals for killer kicks in this edition of Ten for the Weekend that you’ll be well-heeled and rarin’ to go without so much as a dent to your bank account. Also: Beach essentials to help you bid adieu to summer, #CraftOptions because … well … we won’t get into it and hair removal (have you tried lasering? It’s pricey, but WORTH IT.) deals to get through these dog days!
1. Shoe Deal # 1: Take 20% Off Your Next Order with code LEO through 8/31 at Heels.com!
2. Craftsy’s 50% off sale is still rockin’ and rollin’! If you’re aching to learn a new skill, now’s the time to get in on it!
I’d be super into checking out this class. I always feel like my travel pics fall a bit flat, ya know?
3. Shoe Deal #2: Bluefly is having a 2 day womens shoe sale, where you can save up to an extra 50% off.
4. Winter is coming, but that doesn’t mean you cant really get into the swing of the dog days of summer! Zappos is here to help with a sale on beach essentials!
5. Summer fun leaving you a little fuzzy? Groupon has a bevy of hair removal deals so you can spend less time primping and more time partying.
I would very much like these beauties on my feet right now plz.
7. If you’re too impatient to see if you’ve won this week’s giveaway, then I’ve got your back. Hourglass Angel is offering 10% off orders of $65 or more throughout the whole site with code 10Angel. Ends 8/13.
8. More #CraftOptions: Michael’s is getting on the 10% off train. Use code Storage101 at checkout!
9. Friends and family sales are awesome, and Ann Taylor knows this. Knock 40% off your order until 8/13 with code FRIENDS40.
In just over one week, Jersey and I will be cheesing it up in front of our photographer for our engagement shoot. No need to remind us that it’s only been … oh, NINE months since we got engaged and we are just now getting this done. Trust me, we know. Our schedules have been impossible to coordinate, but at this point I’ll be happy if we can get a few prints in time to use for our thank you cards and our DIY guest book. (More on those later!)
So here I am, all twitterpated about finally getting some amazing professional shots of the two of us, when it hits me: What the hell am I gonna wear???
Um. You guys? Am I the only gal out there who cannot dress herself? In fact, I have an entire Pinterest board titled just that. But thank the heavens for my amazing friend, Bertie. Not only is her style swoon-worthy on a daily basis, but I swear she can sniff out an Internet steal-of-a-deal sale equally as well as our BAB lovely Christen (oh, you know, just this Unicorn Wrangler)!
Within a few hours of my cry for help, she returned with a few links for me. Before I knew it, I was clicking the big fat PURCHASE button on this gorgeous number below. Full price was $148.00, marked down to $88.80! (Go check it out at Nordstrom on Ivy and Blu at Nordstrom. You won’t be sorry.)
When it arrived a few days later, I was nervous putting it on … pleasepleaseplease fit over my booty … but was ecstatic to find that it was amazingly flattering and the size was true. With it on, I feel like this lovely frock is a cobalt blue version of Marilyn Monroe’s iconic dress. Which is *exactly* how I want to feel for our shoot: glamorous, elegant, classic, with a hint of flirt. For under $100, I’ll take it, plus did I mention it is SO comfortable?!? I can easily wear this again for our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, plus special occasions after the wedding. Paired with either some nude cork wedges or patent nude pumps, I’m all set!
Then over dinner last week with Bertie, I confessed something I’ve not told anyone. Ready? I secretly want to own a dress in a killer, knock-your-socks-off shade of RED. Bold, glorious, rich … red.
The next day, wouldn’t you know it, Bertie shoots me a few more links. And then I’m buying this.
And with their 40% off sale going on, guess what? This darling was $28.00, marked down to $49.99, with an extra 40% off. Final price: just $29.99. YES, PLEASE!
The moral of the story, friends, is to be crafty. Seek the help of your style gurus who can find gems (and not just dresses — jewelry, paper goods and shoes too!) that will not hurt your BAB budget! Scour for sales. And be patient. Good quality finds are out there, if you are persistent … and don’t be afraid to ask for help.
I’ll be sure to share pictures after our shoot. I’m so excited!
Till next time,
**This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Whew. I don’t know ’bout y’all, but it’s been a heck of a week. But, since it’s Ten for the Weekend time, that means the end is nigh and it’s time for a little retail therapy! This week, we’ve got gear for guys, personalized gifts, super cute home decor items and the tail end of a huge sale. Check it!
1. If your fella is getting married in a suit, consider purchasing rather than renting — it’s a good investment that may come in handy. Bonobos is having an up to 60% off summer sale until 8/3, which means a handsome number like this suit jacket goes from $325 to $195. Use code BIG30 at checkout.
2. Kiyonna is turning 18 and wants to celebrate with you! For the entire month of August, knock 25% off your order with code BDAYSTYLE.
3. Giving engraved or monogrammed bridal party gifts is a sweet way to show them you care. Get 10% off for the entire month at A Gift Personalized, and get all your grooms dudes and brides babes some sweet swag.
And if anyone wants to get me this amazing flask, my 30th is just around the corner.
4. Man, I have such a thing for office supplies, especially when they’re fun, colorful and creativity-sparking. Memoji products cover alla dem criteria, and they’re having a 10% off sale for August when you use code GET10.
5. Still need to stock up on summer essentials? Boohoo has your back and will even skim a cool 25% off the top until 8/3 when you use code SUNFUN.
6. With fall lurking around the corner, it’s a good time to start thinking about fall wardrobe options. Scarves.com’s Back to School Sale makes it a little easier on your wallet by tossing in a 20% discount when you use APLUS until 8/22.
7. Taking on DIYing your wedding stationery? Make sure you have enough ink and toner. Comp and Save will take 15% off orders of $70+ until 8/31 using code BTS15.
8. It’s still happening, but not for long! Take advantage of the final weekend of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale and score some designer duds for wicked cheap.
9. If your abode needs a little makeover, head over to ModCloth where select but awesome decor items are 20% off until 8/3.
The Terrific Terrarium Duvet Cover has captured my attention for a while now. Might be a good time to dig in.
10. And what Ten for the Weekend would be complete without a LOFT sale? Until 8/10, get 50% off select full price styles at LOFT with code FIFTY.
Happy Friday! There are some great deals all over the Internetz for you this weekend, but I found 10 awesome deals for this Ten for the Weekend. Check it!
1. I’m starting to think Ann Taylor has a thing for broke-asses, because their sales are the best. Until 7/27, get 60% off select full price styles.
This hot little number is normally $149, but plummets to $59.60 at checkout.
2. If you or your dude are looking for some more laid back kicks for your big day, look no further: 6PM has PUMA, Converse, Supra and more street sneaks for up to 70% off until 7/27.
3. Summer’s still here! Paper Source is knocking 30% off select summer products while supplies last!
These are adorable and I would drink out of them in the dead of winter just to remind myself of summer. So there.
4. How about a little date night fun? Get an extra 10% off Local Culture Deals from Groupon with code FUN10 through 7/27. In the Dallas-Fort Worth area, this includes the Dr Pepper Museum, Ghost Tours and WINE. What does your area offer?
6. Heeeyyy crafty ladies! Get all your DIY goodness set with Craftsy’s Summer Supplies Clearance: Save up to 75% on yarn, fabric and project kits until 7/28.
7. Got designer taste but a broke-ass budget? Well you’re here, so duh. Bluefly is having clearance sale of up to 75% off until 7/27.
8. In need of shapewear? Hourglass Angel is knocking 10% off AMIA shapewear until 7/31 with code AM10.
9. Feel the need to whisk away for a vaca? Expedia has daily deals up to 50% off.
10. And even more shoes! Nine West is knocking 30% off with savings up to 60% until 7/29.
Hey, BABs! So sorry this is late, but there were a couple deals I wanted to hold off for, because they were too good to miss! I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me and hopefully your wallet will thank me! This Ten for the Weekend round up has so much goodness, from a Groupon getaway to a Craftsy flash sale to the always amazing Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. Shop ’til your heart’s content, darling!
1. Disco balls and weddings: I’ve said it before, but it’s a thing. And now you can get $10 off orders over $30 from Spencer’s Gifts using code DOLLAROFF until 7/20!
2. Still trying to find the perfect shapewear to give the girls a lift? Until July 20 take $10 off at Hourglass Angel with code HG10.
3. Guys. It’s time for the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. Need I say more?
4. On the hunt for wedding goodies? The Knot Shop is knocking 25% off all orders until 7/20 when you use code ENJOY25.
5. Hipsters and lovers of kitschy apartment goods, rejoice! Urban Outfitters is having a huge summer sale with markdowns on items in every department and free shipping on orders over $50. Sale ends 7/20.
6. Darling, let’s run away together. But hurry! Ending at midnight tonight, Groupon is offering an extra 10% off one Summer Getaways Deal when you use code SUMMER10 at checkout. GET IT!
Doesn’t this just look divine?
8. Black Friday in July? We’ll take it! Target is offering 20% off furniture and decor. Sale ends today!
9. KAPOW! It’s time to get your craft on! Craftsy’s having a 50% off flash sale. Ends tomorrow!
10. Last but certainly not least, it’s time to get your toes wet with ModCloth’s swim sale! Save 30% off their bestselling swimwear!