Posts in the 'contributors' Category
Hey you! Yeah, you: If you’re at least 6 months away from your wedding day and have a way with words, then we want you to come play with Team Broke-Ass and blog about your planning process!
So if you dig the wedding blogging world and want to dive on in, c’mon! The water’s great! We’re looking for a few good newbies to join the fun and be a Real Bride contributor for The Broke-Ass Bride! Blog about your family dramz, dress twirlz, DIYz and all the other fun stuff, and share it with our schamazing readers. Share how you’re making your broke-ass budget work so that you can rock a badass wedding!
The right candidate will:
- Know your way around WordPress
- Be able to commit to a pretty regular posting schedule (one post every other week)
- Have some writing experience — or are such a word nerd that you just know
- Know the deadline … respect the deadline
- Share your shizz with sass, smarts and sweetness
- Know that e-hugs and e-high fives are the best kind of payment, since this is an unpaying gig. However, there is a possibility to earn some skrilla down the road, and we’re always happy to dole out love, ridiculously good recommendations and even the occasional freebie (plus, you get an endless amount of resources right at your fingertips)
Please send a writing sample and a letter of intro (include information about your wedding — specifically budget, location and wedding date) to firstname.lastname@example.org!
It’s wedding planning season, and the team at The Broke-Ass Bride has been inundated with Can’t Afford It? Get Over It! requests, and it’s high time we brought on a second fashion-savvy contributor with an eye for detail and spend-thriftiness to help our girl Elaine divvy out the broke-ass friendly versions of fabulous designer gowns.
Does that sound like something you’d be super good at doing? Awesome! Here are the things we need from you:
– Be willing to commit to posting 2x a month. This is every other week, darling, and the deadline is real.
– Have a Pinterest board showing your budget-savvy, fashion-focused prowess
– Know how to string a few words together
– Be super stoked about helping brides find a good broke-ass friendly dress of their dreams, and a general love of weddings
– Understand that we’re a baby biz, and for right now we can only compensate in high-fives, possible freebies, discounts and the potential for moving into a paid position, as well as stellar recommendations and a chance to enhance your writing/blogging skillz
Sound like something you’d dig? Email Christen at email@example.com with a short cover letter introducing yourself and link to your relevant Pinterest board showing your ability to help a bride who #CantAffordItGetOverIt! Accepting applications until 2/15.
Listen up, aspiring wedding bloggers! BAB is looking for some premium talent to assist us in the following editorial capacities…
WEDDING INSPIRATION – As our wedding inspiration guru, you’ll be responsible for writing one post a week about new and exciting wedding trends! To best fill this position, you need to be on top of of all the best wedding blogs – not just BAB of course, but the more aesthetically-inclined wedding blogs like Ruffled, Once Wed, Brooklyn Bride, Rustic Wedding Chic, Style Me Pretty, and the like. You need to be able to see a single wedding detail and think “I could spin that into a blog post.” And then you need to DO THAT.
REAL WEDDINGS – Do you enjoy perusing through gorgeous wedding photos? Do you enjoy a well designed magazine layout like nothing else? Are you somewhat organized? Are you a regular WordPress user?! Then you, my friend, need to send us your info. As our Real Weddings “Girl Friday”, you’ll be expected to man our monthly “Real Weddings” calendar, turn in one “Real Weddings” feature every week, and help us weed through photographers’ submissions. If you’re more a design-inclined person than a writerly type, this might be a good fit for you, as this will mostly involve info-gathering, organizing, and formatting posts, rather than crafting compelling prose.
REAL BRIDES – We’re looking for a newbie bride-to-be (or two) who is at least 6 months out from her wedding date to journal about her wedding planning journey. If you’re in the habit of keeping a personal blog or journal, if you love to engage with people via the magic of blogging, if you think – nay, you’re sure that you can write about wedding issues in a compelling, constructive way that won’t offend or alienate EVERYONE, while still being wonderfully, uniquely YOU, you should definitely give this a shot.
Here’s what we’d like from all applicants: a brief letter of introduction, telling us who you are, where you are, when your big day is, and why it’s gonna be amazing. We of course want to know if you have any background experience writing and/or blogging – a more-than-basic knowledge of WordPress is a HUGE bonus – and we’d love to know which editorial role you’d like to fill. We’d also love to see the two writing (or blogging) samples you’re most proud of. Please send all applications to Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org…
These are currently unpaid positions, but there is the possibility of paid work in the future. We do pay in love, appreciation, glowing recommendations, the occasional freebie, and of course, the opportunity to get your foot in the door of the wedding blogging biz! Please give this a lot of thought before you apply – we need contributors that will be timely, reliable, fabulous, and professional.