Hey you! Yeah, you: If you’re at least 6 months away from your wedding day and have a way with words, then we want you to come play with Team Broke-Ass and blog about your planning process!
So if you dig the wedding blogging world and want to dive on in, c’mon! The water’s great! We’re looking for a few good newbies to join the fun and be a Real Bride contributor for The Broke-Ass Bride! Blog about your family dramz, dress twirlz, DIYz and all the other fun stuff, and share it with our schamazing readers. Share how you’re making your broke-ass budget work so that you can rock a badass wedding!
The right candidate will:
- Know your way around WordPress
- Be able to commit to a pretty regular posting schedule (one post every other week)
- Have some writing experience — or are such a word nerd that you just know
- Know the deadline … respect the deadline
- Share your shizz with sass, smarts and sweetness
- Know that e-hugs and e-high fives are the best kind of payment, since this is an unpaying gig. However, there is a possibility to earn some skrilla down the road, and we’re always happy to dole out love, ridiculously good recommendations and even the occasional freebie (plus, you get an endless amount of resources right at your fingertips)
Please send a writing sample and a letter of intro (include information about your wedding — specifically budget, location and wedding date) to email@example.com!
Last year’s million dollar winners!
Picture this: It’s a gorgeous late spring day. The warm sun is filtering through the trees, making the venue shimmer and sparkle. Music drifts through the air, and as the song changes, the assembled crowd turns and gasps: it’s you, in a breathtaking designer gown. It’s a million dollar wedding, and it’s yours.
No, we’re not telling you to take out an enormous loan and throw this pricey fête yourself, we’re saying that you should enter to win The BRIDES Live Wedding Event! Here’s the deal: you and your sweetie make a video entry telling BRIDES about yourselves, your love story, the proposal, your perfect date night, why you think you should win, and which charity you’d support and why. Submit some recent photographs (make sure to get permission from the photographer!), answer a few short essay questions, and you’re in, baby!
Here’s where things really get exciting: every single aspect of The BRIDES Live Wedding Event is chosen by the general public: from the dress, to the cake, to the decorations, to the honeymoon–EVERYTHING! This means that those random outliers of bad taste that everyone struggles with, the moments of “What was I thinking!?”–those won’t happen with this wedding, because no one is going to let you strut down the aisle like you stepped out of an episode of Toddlers & Tiaras. No way! Everything will be top notch gorgeous, the best of the best.
So let’s recap: a million dollar wedding plus $50,000 in prizes, guaranteed gorgeousness, planned for you, practically stress free…what are you waiting for? Break out the video camera and enter now!