Posts in the 'ann taylor' Category
It’s like the shoe gods are daring us not to shop this weekend, you guys. Seriously. There are so many sweet deals for killer kicks in this edition of Ten for the Weekend that you’ll be well-heeled and rarin’ to go without so much as a dent to your bank account. Also: Beach essentials to help you bid adieu to summer, #CraftOptions because … well … we won’t get into it and hair removal (have you tried lasering? It’s pricey, but WORTH IT.) deals to get through these dog days!
1. Shoe Deal # 1: Take 20% Off Your Next Order with code LEO through 8/31 at Heels.com!
2. Craftsy’s 50% off sale is still rockin’ and rollin’! If you’re aching to learn a new skill, now’s the time to get in on it!
I’d be super into checking out this class. I always feel like my travel pics fall a bit flat, ya know?
3. Shoe Deal #2: Bluefly is having a 2 day womens shoe sale, where you can save up to an extra 50% off.
4. Winter is coming, but that doesn’t mean you cant really get into the swing of the dog days of summer! Zappos is here to help with a sale on beach essentials!
5. Summer fun leaving you a little fuzzy? Groupon has a bevy of hair removal deals so you can spend less time primping and more time partying.
I would very much like these beauties on my feet right now plz.
7. If you’re too impatient to see if you’ve won this week’s giveaway, then I’ve got your back. Hourglass Angel is offering 10% off orders of $65 or more throughout the whole site with code 10Angel. Ends 8/13.
8. More #CraftOptions: Michael’s is getting on the 10% off train. Use code Storage101 at checkout!
9. Friends and family sales are awesome, and Ann Taylor knows this. Knock 40% off your order until 8/13 with code FRIENDS40.
Happy Friday! There are some great deals all over the Internetz for you this weekend, but I found 10 awesome deals for this Ten for the Weekend. Check it!
1. I’m starting to think Ann Taylor has a thing for broke-asses, because their sales are the best. Until 7/27, get 60% off select full price styles.
This hot little number is normally $149, but plummets to $59.60 at checkout.
2. If you or your dude are looking for some more laid back kicks for your big day, look no further: 6PM has PUMA, Converse, Supra and more street sneaks for up to 70% off until 7/27.
3. Summer’s still here! Paper Source is knocking 30% off select summer products while supplies last!
These are adorable and I would drink out of them in the dead of winter just to remind myself of summer. So there.
4. How about a little date night fun? Get an extra 10% off Local Culture Deals from Groupon with code FUN10 through 7/27. In the Dallas-Fort Worth area, this includes the Dr Pepper Museum, Ghost Tours and WINE. What does your area offer?
6. Heeeyyy crafty ladies! Get all your DIY goodness set with Craftsy’s Summer Supplies Clearance: Save up to 75% on yarn, fabric and project kits until 7/28.
7. Got designer taste but a broke-ass budget? Well you’re here, so duh. Bluefly is having clearance sale of up to 75% off until 7/27.
8. In need of shapewear? Hourglass Angel is knocking 10% off AMIA shapewear until 7/31 with code AM10.
9. Feel the need to whisk away for a vaca? Expedia has daily deals up to 50% off.
10. And even more shoes! Nine West is knocking 30% off with savings up to 60% until 7/29.
Happy Friday, BABs! Summer’s in session and it’s a great time to be a BAB with all these killer deals! From hot kicks to cool swimwear and much more, there’s a heap of amazing deals in this week’s Ten for the Weekend!
Wanna give a badass boost to your bridal look? Heels.com is having a London Trash sale: Knock 50% off with code LT50.
These London Trash “Cynthia” shoes would be a perfect “something blue” under your gown!
Still need baubles for the big day? Head over to Gloss Jewelry and get 40% off + free shipping on your order using code FREEDOM40.
If your wedding venue still needs a little extra oomph (chair covers? candle holders? crystal beaded curtains for a photobooth backdrop?), then get thee to Event Decor Direct, and save 5% with code DECOR5.
Summer = swimming, and what better way to get your toes wet than in a hot new designer suit? Bluefly is having a 2-day swim sale with up to 50% off some of the hottest names in the biz. Ends 7/13.
Wedding invitations can be so pricey, so it’s always super rad to get a deal on them. Our homies at Wedding Paper Divas are skimming a mean 20% off invites and reception stationery with code SUITEJULY20 through 7/15.
Gold confetti AND black-and-white stripes? Count me in. Perfectly Lovely design, starting at $1.89 each.
So Ann Taylor has been having some awesome sales, but this one is KILLER: It includes wedding gowns! Knock 40% off your entire purchase at Ann Taylor with code FASHION40 until 7/14.
The warm weather is the perfect excuse to show off that pretty pedi! If you sign up for a Julep Maven subscription, you can get The Summer Nights Welcome Box for a limited time! Use code SIZZLE to get your own Summer Nights Welcome Box for FREE — you just pay $2.99 for shipping — when you sign up.
Need to get those pretty little underthings for your honeymoon? Journelle’s Semi-Annual Sale is going on and you can take 30% to 70% off select sale items through 7/27.
Rockin’ workout gear makes getting your sweat on so much more awesome. Double-down on the rad with Athleta’s Semi-Annual sale and save up to 60%.
Need some kind of personalized anything? Zazzle’s the place to go! And right now you can save 10% off your order with code TENOFFFORYOU. Ends 7/12.
And here we are again! On the precipice of a weekend, one that for myself, I hope includes swimming and mimosas. At the same time would be pretty awesome, but I’ll take ‘em however I get ‘em! For you, darling Broke-Asses, I hope it’s filled with frugal shopping with these great deals, wedding goodness and time with your best homies! Oh! And if you’re getting married this weekend, don’t forget to tag a pic or two with #BABRealWedding so we can share on Instagram!
1. WildHeart Paper, who hosted a giveaway on the blog last week, is offering 10% off orders of 50 or more invitations + RSVP cards when you like her Facebook page and message her through her Etsy shop. Just mention you saw it on BAB!
2. Make sure you and your ladies are covered and secure! Hourglass Angel is knocking 25% off your purchase when you order body enhancing shapewear for your whole bridal party (4 or more) through 7/1.
3. American Bridal’s summer flash sale is a perfect time to stock up on those little wedding extras! Save up to 85% on items from tote bags to fans to parasols.
4. If you’re DIYing the food for your wedding day, then pay attention: Mission Restaurant Supply is gonna save $10 off orders of $75+ with promo code 10OFF75 until 09/30.
5. Need to add a dose of hipster to your wardrobe or just need some cute ‘n’ kitschy things for yoru abode? Enjoy up to 70% off at UrbanOutfitters.com during the Summer’s Last Sale! Plus, free shipping on all orders over $50!
Guys, I need this Rachel Caldwell “Unicore” print. NEED, I say.
7. If you’re like our Real Bride Tiffany and still wavering on jewels, now’s a good time to stock up so you can try to make up your mind! Get 50%-80% Off hundreds of styles at the Summer Sale at BaubleBar, and get yourself all set with bling!
8. One of my favorite dresses ever is from Shabby Apple, and I wish I could stock my whole damn wardrobe with their cute garb. For those that feel the same way, you can now save $10 and receive free expedited shipping on orders of $160 or more! Use code HJQ143 now. Hurry, ends 7/4/14.
I mean, how cute is this dress for a rehearsal dinner?
9. Oh, Frye, why you gotta be so pricey? I’ve literally worn my Frye boots to death, but refuse to give up on them. So it’s a super score that 6pm.com is skimming up to 60% off Frye products!
Happy shopping, Broke-Asses!
Happpppppyyyyyyy Friday, BABs! With Father’s Day on Sunday and lots of other summer activities ramping up, now’s a good time to save on those warm-weather projects and essentials. This week’s link roundup is chock-full of deals for the home, closet and even wine! Get on it!
Does your guy have a penchant for fashion and taste beyond a broke-ass budget? Good thing East Dane is offering up to 70% off select items!
Y’all, I love me some Coach (and I’m not talking Craig T. Nelson in his life before Zeke Braverman). And right now 6pm.com is having a great deal — up to 50% off — on Coach. Get some!
How cute are these loafers??
Having trouble sussing out your ‘do for your “I do”s? Sign up for three months of a Virtual Hairstyler Membership at TheHairStyler.com and get an additional month FREE. Use 1MONTHFREE at checkout. Good until 7/31.
Oh, Anthro. You slay me. But your sales? How I loooove them. This weekend, get 20% off full-price styles with Anthropologie’s House & Home event!
You guys KNOW I’d throw down for this pillow … or a few of ‘em.
Planning on DIYing the shit out of your wedding? Have some big home projects you’re working on? Get thee over to Home Depot and knock $20 off $100 purchase of top tool brands.
Speaking of DIY, on the more dainty crafty side, Michaels stores is having a 25% off sale on any regular price purchase with code 25DADS. Ends 6/14.
For all you out there who like to get there sweat on but in a fashionable way, I got you: Bluefly has men’s and women’s sportswear at 10%-50% off. Race ya!
Ooohhh … you guys! Ann Taylor has a 40% off sale going on, which means you can get that adorable dress you’ve been eyeing and not suffer too much buyer’s remorse!
It’s wine time and I’m feelin’ fine! If you haven’t jumped on the California Wine Club wagon yet, you should. And now’s a good time to do it, since you can get 50% off your first three months. YOU GUYS, get the wine delivered to your door (with free shipping)! Use code SHARE50FOR3 at checkout.
It’s summer time, and the livin’s easy … especially when Piperlime is knocking 25% off summer essentials when you use code MUSTHAVE at checkout! Ends 6/15.
Hey-yo! Welcome to the first edition of Ten for the Weekend! I don’t know about you all, but after a long week of working, I often have a strong urge to shop when Saturday and Sunday roll around. But, being a broke-ass, I tend to wince at busting out my debit card on full-price items. So, Ten for the Weekend aims to find 10 rockin’ deals for you, on anything from wedding-related items to office supplies to kitchen goods to cute new dresses. Here we go!
1. Poppin, one of my favorite sources for bright, fun office supplies, is offering 20-60% off select products at Poppin.com *Valid 4/01 – 4/30. No code necessary.
2. For all you lovers of the grape, The California Wine Club has a Buy 3 Months, Get 1 Free deal (a savings of about $53) going on for April only. Get your sip on!
3. Putting off getting your wedding underthings? Hourglass Angel is gonna help you out with that: During April, take 15%-25% off special occasion shapewear until the end of the month!
4. Drooling over some invites on Wedding Paper Divas that you just can’t live without? Good news! Score 25% off those beauties through April 8th using code WEDAPR25.
5. For the dudes in your life, whether it be your pops, bro or husbo-to-be, a good tie wardrobe is essential. Knock 12% off any size order at Ties.com. Use SPRING12 at checkout. Expires 4/30/2014.
6. Minted is celebrating six years of providing the world with beautiful stationery, and wants you to join in! Get 15% off anything and everything through Monday using code 6YEARS.
7. Score some sweet style from Ann Taylor. Their bridal line is to die for! Use code SPRINGUP at checkout to get 40% off your entire order.
8. If you’re itching to add some new life to your abode, C. Wonder has got your back. Take an additional 50% off items for your home!
9. Get cute, retro styling without hurting your wallet. Enjoy 10% Off Spring Favorites at Unique Vintage using code SPRING10. Ends 4/19/14. Shop now!
10. Obv. saving the best for last: Kate Spade’s Friends and Family deal is still going on! Score any designer duds (and way cute bridal gear) for 25% off through Sunday with S14FFUS.
Get your broke butts in gear and start some savvy shopping!!!
It’s rare that one dress embodies everything a bride wants in her wedding gown. Often we’re split between many options because of small details. Jane, on the other hand, knows exactly what she wants, but it’s twice her budget.
I would be SO grateful if you would use your amazing dress-finding skills to help me out with a sudden and major case of CAI/GOI:
I just fell in love with BHLDN’s new Ortensia gown It’s exactly what I’ve been looking for – a flowing, floor length skirt that starts from the natural waist, a beautiful deep V neckline, pretty (but not blingy) details – but it’s double what I can afford ($1500 is my absolute maximum).
Jane, you did the hard part: Describing your perfect dress and including the budget. Now we’ve found some options that are less than half the budget. This way, you can add extra bling – if needed – through pretty shoes, a belt or maybe a pair of statement earrings.
CAN’T AFFORD IT
Ortensia Gown ($3,000 at BHLDN)
GET OVER IT
Evelyn ($544.99 at Ruche)
Aidan Mattox Sheer-Back Ruched Gown ($475 at Neiman Marcus)
Sequin Bodice Chiffon Gown ($375 at Badgley Mischka)
Goddess V-Neck Wedding Dress ($550 at Ann Taylor)
V Neck Chiffon A Line Wedding Gown ($369.99 at For Her and For Him)
Be sure to check out the back of these options, Jane. Some have fantastic detail that you wouldn’t guess from the front — something I’m assuming you’d like given the inspiration. Finding the perfect dress is a tricky thing to do online – do read the return policies before ordering!
Krista definitely deserves an amazing dress for her big day, but her budget is keeping her from living the couture dream.
I’m a mom. I put my wedding on hold for almost three years because our son is a regular at sick kids’ hospital and my fiancé and I wanted to focus on him and his health and put everything else on the backburner. Now that he is doing much better, the wedding plans are back on, and I’ve found a dress. I think about it in my sleep. I scour the internet in hopes of finding either a decent replica or pre-owned… It is stunning and I am irrevocably in love with it.
I present to you the Claire Pettibone “Versailles”. I swear Claire Pettibone is the devil trying to make all poor brides cry… Help me get over it. I cannot throw $7,000 at this. That’s nearly half the budget.
Don’t worry Krista, lots of BABs fall victim to the Claire Pettibone lust trap! Consider checking out this post or this post for more dresses inspired by the same designer. Those picks were inspired by a different designs, of course, but you never know if one of those options might be your next dream dress. Then we have the following dresses, of course, chosen to match your inspiration.
CAN’T AFFORD IT
Claire Pettibone Versailles ($7,000+ through Claire Pettibone)
GET OVER IT
Alexandria Gown ($749.99 at Ruche)
Rose Petal Spaghetti Strap Wedding Dress ($750 at Ann Taylor)
Carolina Lace Wedding Dress (£550 at Phase Eight)
Tulle Gown with Lace Applique and 3D Flowers ($1,100 at David’s Bridal)
Straps Sweeatheart A-Line Tulle With Flowers ($255 at Lemandy Wedding Dress via Etsy)
Cap Sleeve Fit-and-Flare Lace Gown ($950 at David’s Bridal)
Falling in love with couture often means zeroing in on a detail you love best then trying to match that. You could always add a gold sash, for example, to a dress that has the appliqués in the amazing inspiration gown. Also, often times Etsy shops have wonderful sample sales. If you shop for your size on Etsy, you could find beautiful gowns like the Lauren from Natural Bridals.
Adri has designer dreams but of course, not the designer budget. She actually loved a whole collection of dresses from Israeli designer Inbal Dror.
I found these Inbal Dror dresses and I’m in love with them. Could you please help me find some similar ones at a $2,000-$2,500 price range?
After an email follow up, Adri sent me the two dresses that really struck her fancy. Particularly she was attracted to the lingerie-like look at the top, the interesting sweetheart neckline and the playful use of lace. Such details, she said, seemed to draw her eye to the model’s face. She’s also expressed an interest in fit n’ flare style dresses. This request was fun and really specific – I definitely banked a couple extra CAI/GOI hours this week!
CAN’T AFFORD IT
Inbal Dror dresses (In the $5,000 neighborhood)
GET OVER IT
Theia Beaded Strapless Mermaid Gown ($1,995 at Neiman Marcus)
Strapless A Line Wedding Gown with Layered Skirt ($379.99 at For Her and For Him)
Mermaid Style Wedding dress with Corset back ($1,500 at All Things Luvly via Etsy)
Amanda Bridal Gown ($1,245 at Nicole Miller)
Crepe De Chine Halter Bridal Gown ($1,200 at Nicole Miller)
Sophia Kokosalaki Agnes Pleated Crepe-Jersey Gown ($2,100 by Net-A-Porter)
There’s also the option of going with multiple pieces. Ann Taylor has a Chantilly lace bustier for $250 with a couple of skirt options that will keep the whole ensemble to $600 before taxes. Adri was kind enough to send me a photo of her in the current front runner, and it was beautiful. Are there BABs out there with other options for her to consider?