We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. By clicking on the links and making a purchase, you're helping to support the site so we can keep bringing you badass ideas.
Boy, have I got a challenge on my hands. Reader Rachel E. sent in a request that would put my Get Over It gown-finding skills to the ultimate test.
She wrote, “I’ve never been the “dress” type and I’m quite frugal. I can’t justify spending a lot on something I will only wear one time. I don’t want to spend more than $150 to $200, so it might be a challenge!”
My CAI/GOI requests usually ask that the Get Over It gown picks be under $1000. But let’s get serious here… $1000 ain’t chump change, wedding or no wedding. So I think it’s awesome that our bride Rachel E. is sticking to her budget guns and requesting that I find a gown she’d actually put money down for.
The gown of her dreams is by Maggie Sottero, style #RD1086. It retails for about $800. Check out it’s beauty:
Can’t Afford it:
Get Over it:
1. Unique Vintage. Retails for $118.
2. Unique Vintage. Retails for $145.
3. Unique Vintage. Retails for $164.
4. JS Boutique via Nordstrom. Retails for $178.
5. Adrianna Papell via Nordstrom. Retails for $117.90.
6. Unique Vintage. Retails for $128.
7. David’s Bridal. Retails for $149.99.
8. David’s Bridal. Retails for $199.
9. David’s Bridal Outlet. Retails for $199.99.
10. David’s Bridal Outlet. Retails for $99.
Miss any “Can’t Afford it/Get Over it” Magic? Catch up here:
- What if I can’t afford a budget bridal gown?
- Can’t Afford it? Get Over it, Pt 1
- Short/Tea Length Gowns
- Break up with Oscar, Fall in Love with David
- Now Taking Requests
- Amsale Edition
- Lhuillier Lace Fiesta
- Your Requests Answered
- Pnina, Claire, Melissa, & Amsale
- Can’t Afford the “Carrie”? Get Over It with these Gowns
- Jovani “Get Over it” Wedding Gown Gallery
- A Groom’s Request for his Bride
- Alterations Included