Posts in the 'Shopping' Category
Happy Friday, everyone! I’ll be traveling to Charlotte, N.C., in the morning for a meeting with some of our partners and to see a friend, and Dana and Paul are officially on the second leg of their epic honeymoon tour, chilling in a great hotel in Seoul. But I’d never take off without leaving you with some great deals and discounts to help you kick your weekend off right. From Anthro to Tradesy and a super awesome deal on wedding dresses for those of you in the Southern California area, this Ten for the Weekend has got the goods to make your wallet happy.
1. I know I know, Halloween isn’t even here yet. But that doesn’t mean you can’t stock up on Thanksgiving cookware. Sur la Table is having a sale on various essentials — from roasting pans to immersion blenders to spiral slicers.
2. Man, there are few things better than a good dress sale, but one of those few things is a discount on already well-priced items. Boohoo.com is knocking 15% off their dresses until 10/19.
3. You know what costs a lot? Wedding stationery. You know who’s taking $40 off orders of $99+ for new customers? Wedding Paper Divas, that’s who (when you enter WPD40 at checkout until 10/28).
I’m loving these “Enchanting Forever” invites.
4. Discounts on discounts are a great thing, y’all. BCBG is taking an extra 30% off final sale items. Now that doesn’t suck.
5. Designer shoes and accessories and getting to feel like one of the cool kids? That’s how Cole Haan rolls with their 30% off Friends and Family deal until 10/21.
6. Need to stock up on basics? Anthropologie is having a 30% sale off select sweaters, tees and pants for a limited time.
7. Guys, have you checked out Dessy’s sale section? They just added three different styles of twist wrap dresses, as well as a whole gang of accessories. Go on, get on it!
8. Call all beer lovers! Craft Beer Club is skimming $10 bucks off when you gift a membership of 3 months or more this holiday season (until 12/31) when you use code iSave5.
9. Do you guys know Tradesy? You should. It’s like, the greatest consignment store / thrift shop, ever. Like, serious designer duds, but previously worn / used (gently), and therefor cheaper than normal. And right now Tradesy is having an accessory sale. So you know, do it.
10. SoCal Brides, this one’s just for you! Unique Vintage’s real, actual brick-and-mortar store in Burbank is having a real life sample sale this Sunday. Check out our Pinterest board for a sampling of the gowns on sale!
Happy shopping, darlings!
Are we sick of that play on words? Maybe? I don’t know. Puns. I dig ‘em. Anyway, since we’ve had oodles of convo surrounding Halloween weddings this week (I mean, you saw the HP Lovecraft-inspired shoot, right?), it seemed appropriate to find some great dresses for this haunted holiday, whether you’re hitting the parties or are planning your own eerie I Do’s — and all of them are frightfully budget-friendly at under $100!
Unique Vintage’s site has this styled in Dia de los Muertos style, with fabulous sugar skull makeup. I die.
Black Long Sleeve Bats Print Dress, $17.59 at SheInside What a Spangled Web We Weave, $94.99 at ModCloth
(Guys. The sparklez!)
How do you like these boo-tiful (sorry) dresses? How will you be dressing up for Halloween?
All right! The weekend is finally here! On top of the amazing Unique Vintage sale from this morning, I’ve found ten more awesome sales to make your heart, wallet and weekend a little more happy. From DIY flower kits to home goods and nearly everything in between, there are enough savings in this post to make even the brokest of asses smile.
2. Time for a new fall dress? Save 15% off full-price dresses at Anthropologie with code TWOTREATS.
3. Bluefly is having a huge Columbus Day sale, including up to an extra 50% off designer boots including Prada, Gucci, Charles David and Rebecca Minkoff.
4. A little lace never hurt anybody … especially at up to 50% off like it is at SheInside.com!
I’d love to see someone get married in this. And it’s less than $40. So, you know: #duh.
5. In need of a great roaster for Turkey Day? Head over to Sur la Table and take 20% off one item with COLUMBUS14 until 10/3.
7. Get your home ready for the winter months and add some new touches at 15% off with Design Within Reach‘s semiannual sale.
Um. This. Please. I love this elephant.
8. Wedding Paper Divas is knocking 25% off Save the Dates until 10/14 with 25SAVEOCT.
9. Grooms deserve accessories, too. Head to Cufflinks.com to get $5 off your order with CUFF5.
Happy shopping, darlings!
Happy Friday, darlings! I’m pretty stoked about this week’s Five for Friday, because the lovely, lovely peeps over at Unique Vintage and I schemed up something super special for you. In honor of this girl’s 30th birthday (which, you guys, I’ve been waiting FOREVER for this), Unique Vintage is knocking a cool 30% off select styles this weekend just for you, BABs, which knocks most of these dazzling darlings under $100. Here are my five favorite styles from the selection, and stay tuned for the special discount code at the end!
I love them so! But the last black and white one is my favorite, easily. How about you, BABs? Get yourself over to Unique Vintage to check out the rest of the styles and use code BAB30 at checkout to get 30% off. Happy my birthday to you, darlings!
Hey BAB’s! This week we have a twofer! Lauren wrote in requesting two, beautiful gowns by Christos Fall 2015 line. Christos Yiannakou is the woman behind the brand. Christos was established in 1984 and after retiring in 2005, Christos asked Amsale (Keep yo eyes peeled for Amsale in the very near future) to take over for her. These dresses are timeless and very beautiful. They’re known for using Alençon lace which is sometimes called the “Queen of Lace.” Also, they create airy silhouettes which can only be described as fairytale-like. Here is Lauren’s request:
“I love these features! You guys always find the best dresses. I’m really in love with two gowns from the new Christos Line (Mia and Ellie). But sigh, they are pricey. Any ideas for options under $2000? :)”
Thank you, Lauren! Absolutely I can find you some options for under $2,000!
“Mia” by Christos $$$$
“Ellie” by Christos $$$$
Ball Gown With Intricately Beaded Lace Appliques (Style: T657) $671 at BestBridalPrices.com
A-Line Gown With Lace & Organza (Style: 1477) $791 at BestBridalPrices.com
Flowing A-Line Tulle Skirt With A Floral Covered Bodice (Style: 33158643) $970 at BHLDN
A-Line Gown With Beaded Appliques Over Lace (Style: M1239Z) $1,001 at BestBridalPrices.com
Fit-N-Flare Gown With Layers Of Tulle (Style: 2076) $1,190 at BestBridalPrices.com
A-Line Gown With Illusion Neckline (Style: Rier) $1,245 at BestBridalPrices.com
A-Line Dress With Rich Re-Embroidered Lace & Petite Flowers Of Organza (Style: R7410) $1,375 at BestBridalPrices.com
Ball Gown With Draped Bodice & Tonal Colored Swarovski Crystal Embellished Flower (Style: 17732) $1,407 at BestBridalPrices.com
Sheath Gown Of Beaded Embroidered Lace On Soft Tulle (Style: 4Sm002) $1,449 at BestBridalPrices.com
A-Line Gown With Illusion Sweetheart Neckline (Style: 12608) $1,641 at BestBridalPrices.com
A-Line Gown With Layers Of Tulle Over Silk Charmeuse (Style: 27178839) $1,800 at BHLDN
Soft, Grey Gown With Corded Lace & Hand-Embroidered Silver Beading (Style: 32031668) $1,800 at BHLDN
I tried to tie in a lot of elements from both dresses so I could combine this post. Let me know if you need help finding anything else or have another gown request. We’re always here to help!Until next week, BABs …
Got a gown that you just can’t get off your mind? We’re happy to help you get over it! Just tell us in the comments below! Please remember to include the budget you’re working with so we can find you the best alternative for you.
*As always, please do your own research before buying a gown online. Team Broke-Ass is here to provide you with inspiration and resources, but it is up to the consumer to know what they’re purchasing.
I can’t say my parents didn’t warn me. They always said the summer they got married they went to a wedding every single weekend, and that I should expect the same when I hit my mid- to late-20s. Well, they were right … for the most part.
While we don’t have a wedding every weekend leading up to our own, we do have quite a handful during our 18-month engagement. With every wedding comes another shower present, wedding gift and most importantly, wedding attire. I’m here to tell you that it’s much easier to cut corners when you’re a guest at someone else’s wedding. The answer is right in your closet!
Every budget-savvy fashion-loving gal has a few staple dresses in their closet that they can come back to when all else fails. I’ve had this black and white fit-and-flare polka dot dress for a few years now. Just about every year I’ve owned it, I’ve worn it to a different occasion, styling it in totally different ways. Since it is pretty simple, I love giving it different color accents each time.
The first time I wore it was to my fiancé’s formal holiday party two years ago. I decided to go with a classic look by wearing it with a simple black blazer and tights, adding some color with my turquoise suede wedge heels, pairing it with some pearls and pulling my hair in a bun to top it all off. My favorite accessory was my equally festive date, however.
The next time I wore that same dress was about 10 months later to a rehearsal dinner for our best friends’ wedding. I kept the same color scheme but went with a more relaxed look. It was unseasonably warm that weekend, so I left the tights at home but kept the in-season shoes. I left my hair in long loose curls, and added a blingin’ necklace and a colorblock clutch.
And since you can’t see the accessories in the above photo, here is the clutch and the necklace. Photo courtesy of Meg
The most recent time I wore my favorite staple dress was this past weekend, exactly a year after the rehearsal dinner. This time, I wore it to a family wedding and decided to have some fun with it. I took inspiration from the last two times I wore the dress, wearing my pearls and my bouncy curls, and added bright pink heals and clutch, both of which I wore to the wedding of the rehearsal dinner the previous year.
Adding a pop of pink to an October wedding. Photo courtesy of Steve’s sister.
Just about every accessory I styled the dress with was something I already had, and bought at either Kohl’s, Forever 21 or Target – aka: cheap, cheaper and super cheap! Since you have your own wedding budget to stick to, I encourage you to take a good look at your own staple pieces and accessories. You’d be surprised at how easily they can translate from event to event — you could even reuse some pieces for your own pre-wedding parties, and make them staples of your own “bride” look.
My mother used to wear watches a lot, and she had a rather extensive collection (including this rad vintage-looking Mickey Mouse one she picked up when I was a kidlet in Disneyworld). I always admired the way they looked on her — and mind you, this was before the advent of cellphones-as-clocks. There’s something very classic and put together about a man or a woman in a nice watch.
DiscountWatchStore.com, which carries a metric butt-ton of watches, ranging from $30-ish to $600+ and created by designers including Citizen, Calvin Klein and Marc Jacobs, is giving one lucky BAB a chance to win a $50 gift certificate to its site.
A watch might be a great gift for your handsome groom or best man, or maybe your lady of honor is v. professional, and this would up her awesome ante a bit. Hell, maybe you just want a watch for yourself. Regardless, get in on this, because it’s all about timing, baby!
As per usual, each task completed below earns one entry. The more tasks you complete = the more entries you earn = the better your chances to win. Good luck, darlings!
I was browsing through some fall weddings on a big, well-known wedding website, and I was struck by how many were kind of … meh. I mean, sure, there is TONS of gold in fall weddings — and we all know how much I love gold — but the palettes, for the most part, seem so muted or they’re the same basic jewel tones over and over. Guys, c’mon! Let’s bring some color into this bitch, yeah? Sunflowers happen to be in season for autumn, and it doesn’t get much more bright than these fun blooms! For complementary colors, I didn’t have to look far — inspiration is everywhere! Teal and grey are great bedfellows for cheery yellow, as teal’s richness is mellowed out by a lighter grey tone, which is great for silver lovers!
Top row, from left: Paper Tassel Garland, Beau-Coup | Country Charm Bridal Bouquet, Bloominous | Charcoal Grey Recycled Glass Vase, Luna Bazaar | Teal Tissue Paper Pom-Pom, Luna Bazaar | Middle row, from left: “Ainsley” Dress in Sunlight, BHLDN | Mignon White Pleated Chiffon Evening Gown, Unique Prom | Fête to Print Dress, ModCloth | Jeweled Strap Wedding Dress, Ann Taylor | Sunny Socializing Dress, ModCloth | Bottom row, from left: Make a Scene Heel, ModCloth | Dance Instead of Walking Heel in Grey, ModCloth
What are your wedding colors, darlings? Are you having trouble coming up with ideas? Tell us in the comments below!
Well hey there, October! It’s a big ol’ month here at BAB! Dana is GETTING FREAKING MARRIED on Sunday, I’m turning 30 next week and there are tons of awesome new projects in the works behind the scenes. Oh, and of course, there are sales and deals like you would believe going on! This Ten for the Weekend is brimming with some sweet sales, but the business cards below are my all-time favesies. Happy shopping, darlings!
1. LOFT is anteing up with a sweet 40% off your entire purchase including select Lou & Grey until midnight tomorrow (10/4).
2. Pump up your wardrobe without spending a ton. Boohoo is knocking 25% off autumn wardrobe essentials when you use code FALL4U until 10/5.
I think I’d live in this cardigan during the winter.
3. Go snag one of Flirty Aprons’ adorable smocks for 25% off + free shipping when you use code BOO25. 4. 15% Off Business Cards
4 Do you have business cards? I think everyone should have one, because you never know when you’ll have that perfect creative click with someone and you want them to be able to get a hold of you, and vice versa. Score some rad ones at Zazzle for 15% off with code PROFESSIONAL.
These will be my next ones. Mark my words. #sparklez
5. Support the boobies, in more ways than one! Hourglass Angel is knocking 10% off all orders of $50 or more through 10/7 with code BCA10 in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
6. Give your hair a whole new look, and take $10 off your first purchase of Madison Reed at-home hair color kits.
7. Throwing a monster bash for Halloween? Head over to Luna Bazaar and take 8% off Halloween decor with code HALLOWEEN8 at checkout.
8. Stock up on baubles! Gloss Jewelry is knocking a whopping 80% off everything in stock with code FALL80.
9. Know what I love? New sheets. Because OOMMMGGGGGG. BeddingStyle.com is skimming a cool 20% off designer bedding and bath when you use code FALL20 until 10/7.
10. I always try to save the best for last: Get thee over to ShopBop and take full advantage of one of their rare sales — save up to 70% on top brands!